Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Crusin' For A Cure Antique and Classic Car and Truck Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

October 8th 09:00 AM to 01:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Joe Wheeler EMC, 25700 AL Hwy 24, Trinity, AL

From the flyer:

Registration is $25 for first vehicle, $10 subsequent vehicles, and includes a dash plaque to the first 100. Registration fees are tax deductable. No judging. Door prizes awarded every 30 minutes and a grand prize of $500 cash (must be present to win). There will also be food from Hicktown BBQ, and drinks and children's entertainment.

All proceeds to Relay for Life to help cancer research.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

The most perfect weather we've had all year brought out a great crowd to Joe Wheeler EMC. This is one of the most unique shows each year as it's almost completely covered, so rain is never a factor.

I truly enjoyed the drive over except the part when I though I might be going the wrong way when two AC Cobras that zoomed by me and went straight instead of turning left. They were having so much fun driving that I thought surely they knew something I didn't. So I turned around to try to find them and then realized I was originally going the right way. But I did learn about a shortcut between 24 and 20 that avoids all the rough construction and 25mph zones which I was able to pass on to them when they arrived at the show after me, lol.

The Moulton Corvette Club had a strong showing with a great lineup of Vettes spanning the generations.

One of my favorite cars was one I hadn't seen in a few years and was very happy to see again--Our own Knight Rider KITT. This car is a local car that was built by a local enthusiast. The attention to detail is spectacular and if you were ever a fan of the show, you've got to see this car in person.

Our local KITT

The real KITT

Original KITT on display at Universal Studios Theme Park in 1993.

I wanted to shoot video of the car's interior and KITT talking like I saw the first time I saw the car, but I ran out of time. But I did get video of KITT scanning all the cars as they left.

If you want to add a little fun to the video above, click this and then the video.

I could've bought the KITT used for the scenes where it was driving itself for $22,500 a couple of years ago from a museum in Florida that was going out of business. It's specifially mentioned in this 1984 article in Enter magazine.

Little did I know they'd go for $150k just a decade later! And it would have been fun too when driving around with a red t-shirt and black jacket. Or better yet, driving without a driver. Could you imagine HPD pulling a car over without a driver on 565.

There were a lot of people that just swung by and didn't register, but they missed out on some of the best door prizes I've ever seen. I saw air compressors right and left, and someone even won a complete Craftsman tool set with toolbox. And this wasn't even the $500 cash that was given away.

Craftsman tool set with box

It's always great to see all the cars leave this show. It's like being at a train depot and seeing all the trains there, except these are cars. I shot a lot of video of the cars as they left as well as pictures. Enjoy! See everyone next time!
2 members will be attending this event:

There are no replies to show.