Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old August 24th   #1
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Unusual Ford Induction System

Dan,

Here is a pic I took at the SAAC convention in Dearborn ('89 I think) on a '65 Shelby. It has what appears to be a pull-through ram-box type manifold with a Paxton blower (not driven at this time) and TWO Holley 715 carbs. Have even seen this before?

Old August 24th   #2
Dan Case
Dan Case
has no status.

Yes. It is probably "SHELBY" lettered. Some time after parts went from "COBRA" to "CS Shelby" lettering a 1-4V and 2-4V ram box intake was sold over the counter. There is about one of them a year on ebayŽ.
Dan Case is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th   #3
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

is the blower just along for the ride?
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th   #4
Dan Case
Dan Case
has no status.

Can't say as I was not there but there were some folks in that area that did things a little to the extreme, like a 289 Cobra with 2-4Vs and two Paxtons that were hooked up and working.

The idea was based on the two 427 Cobras built new with 427 Ford, 2-4V cross ram with two Paxton super chargers. One was at the Oakland Roadster show in 1968 that had a sign that claimed 850 hp. One still exists.
Old August 24th   #5
HOSS429
HOSS429

pull through confused me . ive never seen it. different from blow thru of coarse.
Old August 24th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429

dan .earlier today i sent mike greene the email address of a guy quite familiar with athens. and the wealthier families in the area . he is a car guy also and knows things about the well to do set that may give clues to a car of interest to you
Old August 24th   #7
Dan Case
Dan Case
has no status.

HOSS429

On the pull through post. It would have been blow through. Paxton did (still does) sell an cast aluminum inclosure for the carb. The carb and fuel pump get pressurized. This is a evolution of what Ford sold on some early charged T-Birds and Studebaker did with top model Avantis a decade earlier. They were expensive, more complicated than most could deal with, and thus not popular. Theoretically you could have had any 289 Mustang 1966-68 equiped with a dealer installed Paxton set up. Shelby sold some GT350s new that way.

On the lost cars post. I gave up on the GT40 a long time ago and had no desire to get shot trying to find the 427 Cobra. If somebody is serious about the chase I have the name of the man that is supposed to have sold it to Athens we can exchange e-mail on. I have two real Cobras so I have more than I can deal with now, besides it is bad to be greedy.

Dan
Old September 12th   #8
Dan Case
Dan Case
has no status.

Mike
Check out the "COUGAR" high rise intake for a 289-302 on ebayŽ. I have heard of these things since the 1960s but never seen a picture.
S2MS Shelby 67 Mercury Cougar Group II Intake Manifold Item number: 7999784601

Dan
Old September 13th   #9
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Only seen them in a Shelby advertisement before.
Old September 13th   #10
Dan Case
Dan Case
has no status.

There is also a "FoMoCo" lettered (not COBRA) 289 Weber intake with what I think is a C6AE part number offered on ebayŽ. Something for a BF/X drag car perhaps?????

Dan
Old September 13th   #11
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

COUGAR Intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Case
There is also a "FoMoCo" lettered (not COBRA) 289 Weber intake with what I think is a C6AE part number offered on ebayŽ. Something for a BF/X drag car perhaps?????

Dan
Guys, I have seen a COUGAR 4bbl intake in person before. I had an aluminum 4 bbl made by FOMOCO intake on my second Mustang for a while. If I remember correctly it had FORD embossed on it. Seems like the prefix of the ford part # was C9OX ? but I'm not totally sure. Still wonder what the X meant.
Greg
I'll be where I can look at it in a couple of months and post a pic.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #12
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G
...If I remember correctly it had FORD embossed on it. Seems like the prefix of the ford part # was C9OX ? but I'm not totally sure. Still wonder what the X meant.
Greg
I'll be where I can look at it in a couple of months and post a pic.
If I'm not mistaken, the "X" was for Ford "Off-Highway" or "MuscleParts" program (i.e., over the counter performance pieces.)

Look here : "X" Explained

Although, there could be a little question about that since the 1967 Shelby 2-4V intake had part number C7ZX and came out before the actual MuscleParts program came into existence.

Last edited by mgreene; September 14th at 06:05 AM.
mgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #13
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene
If I'm not mistaken, the "X" was for Ford "Off-Highway" or "MuscleParts" program (i.e., over the counter performance pieces.)
Yeah Mike, I was thinking X was experimental or perfomance/HiPo. Greg

Last edited by Samir; September 16th at 07:43 PM.
Old September 16th   #14
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

Cougar intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Case
Mike
Check out the "COUGAR" high rise intake for a 289-302 on ebayŽ. I have heard of these things since the 1960s but never seen a picture.
S2MS Shelby 67 Mercury Cougar Group II Intake Manifold Item number: 7999784601

Dan
(Choke) Dan, Mike, Did ya'll look at it today ?
What's the one that says FORD on it worth ? Greg
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3D50%26fvi%3D1
Old September 16th   #15
mgreene
mgreene
has no status.

The Ford ones are MUCH more common, usually selling in the $175-$300 range depending on condition.
Old November 17th   #16
Dan Case
Dan Case
has no status.

f.y.i.....there is a FoMoCo 3-2V Holley induction system for 289 Fords sale on ebayŽ currently.
Old November 18th   #17
HOSS429
HOSS429

a 65 fairlane sold thru barret jackson i guess on a repeat program that i just caught that had the 3x2 barrell induction on it . all original 4 speed car. went for 40 grand. i want one but not that bad.