Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Boom Days Open Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 17th 08:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Alabama Walking Park, Behind the Depot Museum, 105 5th St NE, Fort Payne, AL

From the flyer:

Registration is free and ends at noon. Awards and prizes at 2pm. This is part of the Boom Days Heritage Celebration with dozens of the south's finest visual artists. There's also a pancake breakfast, barbecue cook-off, 5k run, children's activities, museum exhibits, pet parade, and great live music on 3 stages. Admission to everything is free!

Old September 2nd   #2
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

I been to this the past 2 years in a row, pretty cool event. Last year they had the corvette museum open. The bbq cookoff is across the fence from the show, and most of the competators sell their product to the public

Nearly all of downtown is shut down for this event, plenty to do for the whole family while the show is going on. We spent the night last year and went to Little River Canyon the next morning which is about 10mi away from there

Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd   #3
Outlaw77lt
Outlaw77lt
is looking for an s10 or '82-92 camaro body

Last edited by Outlaw77lt; September 2nd at 03:09 AM.
Outlaw77lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Very cool! I've seen some pictures from this event from last year that George shot, and it looks like a great event.
Old September 11th   #5
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

...BBQ cook-off huh...let me do some checking..just may be interested..depending on entrance fee.
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th   #6
LagoGarda
LagoGarda

$100 entry fee...chicken and ribs only..I'm out...Still may do the show though...did a Wheel Of Time Cruisers show in Ider last year that was fun.
Old September 11th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoGarda View Post
$100 entry fee...chicken and ribs only..I'm out...Still may do the show though...did a Wheel Of Time Cruisers show in Ider last year that was fun.
What's the prize if entry is that much?

The Ider event is quite fun. George was going to cover it, but I'm sure the rain must have cancelled it this year. I need to call him and see what happened.
Old September 11th   #8
LagoGarda
LagoGarda

It was the McAdams&McAdams Memorial Cruise in I did last year...not the Mule Day thing.

Not sure what the BBQ cookoff prize is...plus chicken and ribs aren't exactly my forte' , can do, but not my favorite things to cook.