Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Cafe 302 Cruise-in
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

September 10th 05:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Cafe 302, 2700 Winchester Road, Huntsville, AL 35811

From the flyer:

Registration is $10 and is open to all. Judging is participant judged. This is a nice cruise-in that occurs the 2nd Saturday of each month, good food, people and music. Trophies awarded for the winners in each class, plus great door prizes, and a 50/50 drawing!

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

As I made my way to Cafe 302 taking a different route to avoid all the speeders going 85 in a 55 on 565, I saw an enthusiast driving his car and enjoying the beautiful weather. As I grabbed a picture, I gave him a thumbs up, and got one in return. Enthusiasts come in all shapes and sizes.

Since all the football games and other activities were done for the day, people starting rolling in around 4:30pm and they didn't stop all evening. Because I got there earlier than normal, I had a lot of time to talk and enjoy myself.

A lot of people just swung by, like some of the members of the Rocket City Camaro Club. I didn't get a chance to photograph their cars since they came and left so fast.

Registered cars parked along the perimeter until the entire field was closed in and then started filling the middle. This was the first time I'd seen this done and it looked really neat. And 302 had a great mix of everything that night, no matter what you were into. From pristine restorations, to streetrods, to t-buckets, to drag Supras, to pure show imports, to cleanly modded imports, to newer muscle cars, to the car given away at the Ardmore show--there was everything!

I shot some video of the cars rolling out from the show so you get hear what they sound like. And you get to hear a little bit of everything that was there. See everyone next year!

Old September 14th   #2
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Haha dang I didn't know my car was that loud. I need to be more careful.

http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.co...6_cNPpZxK-A-LB
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #3
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

I told you - that night we came back from Priceville It sounded good,
Old September 14th   #4
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Well right there near the cafe is an echo chamber anyway with all the buildings close together. But that was about 1/4 throttle
Old September 14th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Haha dang I didn't know my car was that loud. I need to be more careful.
http://newpics.huntsvillecarscene.co...6_cNPpZxK-A-LB
Quote:
Well right there near the cafe is an echo chamber anyway with all the buildings close together. But that was about 1/4 throttle
No, it's just that loud when you get on it. It looks like I was closer in that video than I was because I was zoomed all the way. I was almost halfway in the show field from your road exit. I'd definitely watch yourself. But I'd also try 'the tunnel' at Bridge Street one night.

The best part of that video is the conversation with Matt.
Old September 14th   #6
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

So I rode side by side with that yellow hatchback (Civic?) to Mem. Pkwy and sure enough a sheriff got behind me and I had to go up the Winchester hill at 30 mph and low rpm's while the yellow car sped away doing about 45 lol.
Old September 14th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
So I rode side by side with that yellow hatchback (Civic?) to Mem. Pkwy and sure enough a sheriff got behind me and I had to go up the Winchester hill at 30 mph and low rpm's while the yellow car sped away doing about 45 lol.
I'll tell you this much--it beats going 24 in a 25 in a Porsche Boxster. I got honked at by a Smart car behind me.
Old September 14th   #8
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Haha
Old September 14th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Haha
It sounded like a backup horn, lol. At first I didn't know what it was.
Old September 14th   #10
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Where were you having to go 25? You should try going up Winchester hill at 2k rpm in 4th gear. I eventually gave up and started going 5 mph over the limit.
Old September 14th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

That's the speed limit on Winchester in the construction zone. I've noticed I don't have an issue with hills as I've still got enough low end torque to be quiet.
Old September 18th   #12
badgirl69nova
badgirl69nova
shining chrome for this weekends shows...

Great way to catch the soda bottles in the back of the Lemans, will have to get on the hubby about that. Cool Videos. Maybe next time I will let my daughter drive out of the parking lot, or at least long enough to get a video of her driving. She would cherish it forever since I won't let her drive it anymore. Manual Steering has proved to be too much for her LOL.
For Sale: 69 Nova ~ 350 good strong running motor, needs some love but in good condition. Recent appraisal... Near Complete... Asking $11,500 (Will consider REASONABLE offers) As seen at local shows and cruise ins. Pics can be texted but its a MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE car. 256-348-9303
badgirl69nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl69nova View Post
Great way to catch the soda bottles in the back of the Lemans, will have to get on the hubby about that. Cool Videos. Maybe next time I will let my daughter drive out of the parking lot, or at least long enough to get a video of her driving. She would cherish it forever since I won't let her drive it anymore. Manual Steering has proved to be too much for her LOL.
I might have caught him before he was done setting up. The light was fading. I like the videos because you can hear what the cars sound like. That exit is a bit dangerous--I wouldn't let her drive out of there. But if she leaves from the store parking lot towards the light, that's safer and I can still get video.
Old September 21st   #14
badgirl69nova
badgirl69nova
shining chrome for this weekends shows...

Samir. When you view the videos that you got of the cars leaving the show... there is a facebook share button at the top of the page however, it won't connect or work or something along those lines. Keeping it short it won't share. What am I doing wrong?
For Sale: 69 Nova ~ 350 good strong running motor, needs some love but in good condition. Recent appraisal... Near Complete... Asking $11,500 (Will consider REASONABLE offers) As seen at local shows and cruise ins. Pics can be texted but its a MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE car. 256-348-9303
badgirl69nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Facebook makes things hard sometimes for sure. Try logging into facebook and then trying to share the video.

If that doesn't work, just take the url of the video in the browser and paste it in facebook, and it should pick it up.

Let me know if you have any more problems! And feel free to call/text, 615-512-5520.