Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Site Related Discussions

Site Related Discussions Have an idea to make the site better? Having problems? Look in here

Old August 30th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonCWB
hey samir you have prolly answered this ?? numerous times but how do you post pics
To post a pic, it needs to be hosted somewhere. If you don't have someone to host them, email them to me and I'll host them.

Then there's this button under post reply to help guide you through the process.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

You can also directly put in the image tags around the links. For example:
HTML Code:
[img]http://pics.huntsvillecarscene.com/events/03071301.b/p7130491.jpg[/img]
This results in:
Old August 30th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

If you need any other help, just let me know.
Old September 16th   #4
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
hey samir thanks for the example of image tags...ive been tryin to figure out how to use them...thats the only way you can post pics up on ssm's forum and i have no experience w/ them so I was completely in the dark...also you have any idea why when I try to post a pic where the site uploads the pic from my computer it would say "this document contains no data"...ive tried changing the pic to several different formats that the site excepts but still no luck

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hmm..."document contains no data" occurs when the server serves the request for the image file (ie, it exists), but there is nothing in it. I'd suggest trying to upload an attachment like a word or txt file and see if that has the same problem.

If you still do, then I'd try the same thing from another computer somewhere else, like a friend's house, etc. If you still have the same problem, then somehow it's a problem on their side.
Old September 18th   #6
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

test post

HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #7
HOSS429
HOSS429

crashed and burned

i made a box with an x appear. im getting there i made need phone contact to talk me through it. how do i bring both sites together. i have a host now. i will email it to you and you see what you can make of it .then teach me thru it
Old September 18th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429
i made a box with an x appear. im getting there i made need phone contact to talk me through it. how do i bring both sites together. i have a host now. i will email it to you and you see what you can make of it .then teach me thru it
Actually, you did it right. But I think the image that you want wasn't at that location. If I put in http://home.comcast.net/~moonw/wsb/m...1898/site1.jpg I get this:
Old September 19th   #9
HOSS429
HOSS429

strange

now i am really wierded out. that is last years picture of the HOSS429 before i narrowed the rear for the current wheel & tire combo. it was my screen saver on my computer. i dont know how you got it plus i hope my stuff isnt that big when i do post. it was taken off a wall mart disk. so aparenly i could post from a disk someday one step at a time
Old September 19th   #10
HOSS429
HOSS429

i am shutting down my web site and getting out of the pictue posting buisness. it is more than i can comprehend. i will keep my pics and decide what to do with them later
Old September 19th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
now i am really wierded out. that is last years picture of the HOSS429 before i narrowed the rear for the current wheel & tire combo. it was my screen saver on my computer. i dont know how you got it plus i hope my stuff isnt that big when i do post. it was taken off a wall mart disk. so aparenly i could post from a disk someday one step at a time
That picture is on your web site somewhere (I think I found it under photos). When I was looking at the picture, I right-clicked on it and selected properties. Under properties, it will tell you the http:// of that image. Then I simply cut and pasted it.

If you have a way of putting the images into the photo section of your web site, then you can do what I did and add them to your posts.

In the future, I'll probably add the capability to add photos directly to this site, but there is some more legality and IT cost involved in doing so.
Old September 19th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
i am shutting down my web site and getting out of the pictue posting buisness. it is more than i can comprehend. i will keep my pics and decide what to do with them later
It's ok Hoss. If you have them on CD and can get me a copy, I can add them to the ones I'm already hosting for you.
Old September 19th   #13
HOSS429
HOSS429

picture posting

i dont handle frustration well. i will send you some from time to time to post for me. i am most proud of having the very torino cobra from the rhyming post # 187 page 10 of car stories. the cutlass was destroyed in the deaths and near death car stories post. i would like to add text to some of the pictures. can that be done?
Old September 19th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
i dont handle frustration well. i will send you some from time to time to post for me. i am most proud of having the very torino cobra from the rhyming post # 187 page 10 of car stories. the cutlass was destroyed in the deaths and near death car stories post. i would like to add text to some of the pictures. can that be done?
No problem. I'll help you however I can. You can add whatever text you want around an image, but you can't add text to the image without changing the image.
Old October 6th   #15
HOSS429
HOSS429

try again

it takes me about two weeks to get over being angry at something .thats why i try to( BE HAPPY ) i will send you a couple of pics . would you put them in cars in barns thread. then i will add some info in a later post . also can a quote be taken to and from different threads ?
Old October 6th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm really, really, really behind on emails (on Sept 14th right now) so it will take me a while to get to them. I'm trying my best to catch up on everything but it seems there aren't enough hours in the day.

Quotes can be taken from other threads, but you manually have to put in all the quote code. You can't do it by using the quote button.

Well, now that I think about it, actually you kinda can.
  • Click quote and it will bring up the reply box with the quote in there.
  • Highlight all of that and cut it.
  • Go to the thread where you want to post it and start a new post. Paste in the stuff you cut. It should still then have the quote
It's genrally not a good idea to do that because if a quote has to come from another thread, then the reply probably belongs in that thread. I still have a lot of sorting and reorganizing of the forums to do too.

Last edited by Samir; October 6th at 11:43 AM.
Old October 6th   #17
HOSS429
HOSS429

do what you must

its your toy we:re just glad you let us play with it
Old October 6th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I wish it were my toy. On days like this, it's work; really hard work. I don't even get to see my toys half the time anymore.
Old October 11th   #19
HOSS429
HOSS429

test post # 2

Old October 11th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The reason it didn't work Hoss is because the link is "http://http://". Try it again and try a preview.