Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old September 23rd   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Imola Motorsports Porsche 997 Turbo

http://www.stancenation.com/2011/09/...che-997-turbo/

dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I don't know what it is about excessively low Porsches, but I don't like them. I saw a Cayman S today at Providence that's like that. Maybe it's because I would cringe at every single deformity in the road. Mine can scrape at stock height.
Old September 23rd   #3
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Oh, well they said they were gonna give it to you, but since you don't want it...
Old September 23rd   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

lol! I can raise it back up.

Those cars are awesome too. I rented one when they first came out for a wedding in Dallas. It was two days of bliss.
Old September 23rd   #5
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Yeah they say it's like a 959 from the future.
Old September 23rd   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

One of the sickest moments was when I came to a t-junction off the interstate that had three lanes in a one way configuration in each direction. The traffic was from left to right and I had to stop and take a right turn. My light had just turned red and I saw the cars on the other side start to enter the intersection.

My cousin and I were making a run to return tuxes, so I thought 'what the heck' and turned and punched it. I looked in my rearview mirror as all the cars went from approaching me to looking like they were going in reverse. And this is in stock configuration. It was even before they came out with the cabriolet.
Old September 24th   #7
Smyly@TFR
Smyly@TFR
Professional Detailer
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

just added this one to the wallpaper collection awesome car!
Old September 24th   #8
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

why don't we have a :drool: smiley?
Porsche has always then "that" car to me. of all the "exotics" out there, a Porsche would be the only one i would drive daily. if someone were to give me any of the others, i would seriously sell it and buy a Porsche
something about the "form follows function" creed that i love. most auto makers seem to follow the "function follows form" creed. the GT2 RS 4.0 makes me happy in ways i can't go into on here
Old September 24th   #9
Wilson!
Wilson!

oh and Samir.... your Porsche..... needs a bath (i washed mine when i got home, i can talk smack)

it really doesn't sit any lower than my car in the front. it's rare that i drag. i have learned where every bump and pothole in the city of huntsville is located, and know how to approach entrances. i am actually considering lowering my car a touch more in the rear.

Last edited by Wilson!; September 24th at 04:25 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
why don't we have a :drool: smiley?
Because there wasn't any feedback in this thread on smilies.
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=1891

Quote:
Porsche has always then "that" car to me. of all the "exotics" out there, a Porsche would be the only one i would drive daily. if someone were to give me any of the others, i would seriously sell it and buy a Porsche
something about the "form follows function" creed that i love. most auto makers seem to follow the "function follows form" creed. the GT2 RS 4.0 makes me happy in ways i can't go into on here
As an owner of the Porsche brand, there really is a real 'form follows function' methodology to their engineering. I mean, every aftermarket intake and exhaust available for my Boxster is dyno proven to lose power over stock. And they tell you in the owners manual that if the ABS module fails, your regular stopping distances will increase because the ABS module helps decrease the stopping distances all the time when its working correctly. And with Porsche's newest marketing campaign, they are promoting the cars as daily drivable, which of all the exotics out there, they have the most ability to do so. Now trying to convince Century of that is a different story.
Old September 24th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
oh and Samir.... your Porsche..... needs a bath (i washed mine when i got home, i can talk smack)
Yep, and the next person that brings that up, I'll give them an option--I'll wash the car or myself. And you don't want to know how bad I reek after two days.

Quote:
it really doesn't sit any lower than my car in the front. it's rare that i drag. i have learned where every bump and pothole in the city of huntsville is located, and know how to approach entrances. i am actually considering lowering my car a touch more in the rear.
The Vettes are different though when it comes to this. My c5 is pretty low, but I actually worry about it less than the Porsche. There's just something about the Porsche design that makes it so easy to ding something down there.
Old September 25th   #12
Wilson!
Wilson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
The Vettes are different though when it comes to this. My c5 is pretty low, but I actually worry about it less than the Porsche. There's just something about the Porsche design that makes it so easy to ding something down there.
it must be the difference in overhang. my car has very little overhang front and rear. i have been driving lowered vehicle for many years, and could probably tell you where every bump between my work and home is blind folded lol. its to the point that i dodge all the bumps subconsciously lol. i even dodged the small bumps when i had the two door Tahoe with 6" lift and 35" tires lol

Last edited by Wilson!; September 25th at 04:02 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
it must be the difference in overhang.
Yes! That's it! I've gotten so used to it that it didn't occur to me right away. The overhang is much more than you think it is, and that makes it harder to judge where all aspects of the front truly are. These cars are really easy to scrape on a parking stop if you're not careful.