Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old October 20th   #1
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Infiniti G35 on air

http://www.stancenation.com/2011/10/...ay-be-perfect/

dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th   #2
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Stance is perfect, but I'm not a huge fan of those wheels.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I like the wheels, but they just don't flow well with the car for some reason.
Old October 20th   #4
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

-25 offset in front and -22 in rear!!! Wow! I like the wheels because its diffrent.
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th   #5
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

he needs to see wheel-fix-it and get those beat up wheels fixed so he can sell them and buy a better looking better fitting wheel
Old October 20th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I didn't notice that ding until you posted. As a photographer I wouldn't have taken that picture or published it.
Old October 21st   #7
Jumpman
Jumpman
put the hard top on for the winter.

Yah they need to buff (photoshop) that out I agree that the wheels don't seem right on this car. Also, although I don't always like the de-baged look, it really works well on this car, IMO.
Jumpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st   #8
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
I love everything about it...dent and all!
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st   #9
Wilson!
Wilson!

both of the wheels picture have dents, and the right rear quarter has a dent.
it's not bad looking car, i actually kind of like the wheel design, but it would look worlds better it they were the right size/offset.

Last edited by Wilson!; October 21st at 06:50 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
...i actually kind of like the wheel design, but it would look worlds better it they were the right size/offset.
You have me curious--what's the right size/offset? I know there's something 'off' about it to me, but I can't pinpoint it.
Old October 22nd   #11
Wilson!
Wilson!

less offset, more tire. instead of having sidewalls like this / \ they are like this [ ]
Old October 22nd   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
less offset, more tire. instead of having sidewalls like this / \ they are like this [ ]
So less negative offset and non-stretched tires, correct? But even if the wheels in the original shot had less negative offset and non-stretched tires, I think the pattern itself causes something to not gel.
Old October 23rd   #13
Wilson!
Wilson!

The actual wheel design is "different". It would look a lot different in a different offset/tire size. I have actually seen this exact wheel on a '65 Chevy C10 and it looked really nice because the wheel/tire combo actually fit the truck instead of the truck having exagerated camber and stretched tires to fit the wheel. It's all about personal taste i guess. I Would rather the wheel/tire to actually fit, instead of exaggerating the camber and tire stretch to make it "fit".
Old October 23rd   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
The actual wheel design is "different". It would look a lot different in a different offset/tire size. I have actually seen this exact wheel on a '65 Chevy C10 and it looked really nice because the wheel/tire combo actually fit the truck instead of the truck having exagerated camber and stretched tires to fit the wheel. It's all about personal taste i guess. I Would rather the wheel/tire to actually fit, instead of exaggerating the camber and tire stretch to make it "fit".
I've seen a stretched/cambered setup look more natural too, though. Like this one from the another thread:

There's just something about the pattern of the wheel that doesn't look 'right' to me. Trying to figuring that out has been like trying to figure out why I like sushi, lol.

I do this all the time when I'm reviewing photos and I have two images that are similar that I've shot back to back. I have to eliminate one because sometimes more is just moar. So I usually look at both and let my instinct decide, and it's always right--but I don't know why it's right. If I knew why, then I'd have an insight into my own photography. Similarly, if I could figure out why these wheels don't look right, maybe I can figure out why others do look right.
Old October 23rd   #15
Wheel Fix It
Wheel Fix It
Is spinning wheels!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Haha...thanks for the plug Wilson!. Think what's throwing it off is the stretched and under sized tire makes it look like the tire isn't seated on the bead. We've done this on a few sets and they just look odd but sometimes it's what you have to do for clearance.
Huntsville, Al 35816
256-830-9992
Monday-Friday
8am-5pm
Wheel Fix It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th   #16
Wilson!
Wilson!

i can't make myself appreciate a tire made for a 7.5" wide wheel being put on a 10.5 inch wheel. if i can see the whole bead of the tire, it needs more tire. i've seen a 265 on a 10.5" wheel, i'm planning on putting a 305 on a 10.5" wheel! 40mm is a lot of tire....
Old October 24th   #17
Beckham
Beckham

Quote:
i can't make myself appreciate a tire made for a 7.5" wide wheel being put on a 10.5 inch wheel. if i can see the whole bead of the tire, it needs more tire. i've seen a 265 on a 10.5" wheel, i'm planning on putting a 305 on a 10.5" wheel! 40mm is a lot of tire....
Different purposes. These cars aren't putting down 500+hp like you, so they could care less about having a little more tire on the ground. It also allows them to run the offset they want and generally allows them to go lower.

Old October 24th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
These cars aren't putting down 500+hp like you...
I don't think this topic is discussing the right type of tires for a certain application, but more of what looks 'right' versus what doesn't--specifically, the car in the first post.

Stretching a tire seems to have recently gone over-the-top with exposed beads as the fad gets 'old' and needs something 'new'. I remember a time when tires came with a 'rim protector' feature. These tire installations are definitely the opposite...

I'm actually surprised that manufacturers haven't come out with tires specifically designed for this look, making it much safer than stretching.
Old October 24th   #19
Beckham
Beckham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I don't think this topic is discussing the right type of tires for a certain application, but more of what looks 'right' versus what doesn't--specifically, the car in the first post.

Stretching a tire seems to have recently gone over-the-top with exposed beads as the fad gets 'old' and needs something 'new'. I remember a time when tires came with a 'rim protector' feature. These tire installations are definitely the opposite...

I'm actually surprised that manufacturers haven't come out with tires specifically designed for this look, making it much safer than stretching.
What looks right to someone with a 500hp car and what looks right to someone with a "hellaflush" (or whatever) car are completely different, though.

There is a tire manufacturer for stretched tires, but I can't remember the name.

Old October 24th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
What looks right to someone with a 500hp car and what looks right to someone with a "hellaflush" (or whatever) car are completely different, though.

There is a tire manufacturer for stretched tires, but I can't remember the name.
Everyone will have a different opinion, that's for sure. But 'classic' designs generally looks right. And a classic is just that--timeless. It will always look right. There are classic design elements in many of the images in this thread, but figuring out what they are is difficult without some formal training.

And classic designs are now being purposely searched out by designers. Not only because it works, but it's cheaper than trying to reinvent the wheel. I see it in everything from cars to movies...