Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

12th Annual Ardmore Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
LastChance  
August 11th 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: John Barnes Park, 30510 Ardmore Ridge Rd, Ardmore, TN 38449
Contact: Rodney Willoughby 205.908.2677 ardmorecarshow@gmail.com www.ardmorecarshow.com

Just going to get this out there.

We again will having the 12th Annual Ardmore Car Show on August 11th 2012 at the John Barnes Park in Ardmore, Tennessee.

Will giving away a 1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe and over 10K in cash. (must be present to win all prizes) Also these prizes are for registered participants only. We do not sell extra tickets to the public for them to win your stuff.

Spectator can participate in the 50/50 drawing which was over 2800 bucks in 2011.

I will update more giveaway prizes as the sponsors again come back on board.

Over 50 plus trophies / plaques will be awarded to over 10 classes. Top 5 in each of the following classes (participant judging):
  • Pre '48 Cars
  • Pre '48 Trucks
  • '49 - '59 Cars
  • '49 - '59 Trucks
  • '60 - '79 Cars
  • '60 - '79 Trucks
  • '80 - '95 Cars
  • '80 - '95 Trucks
  • '96 - '12 Cars
  • '96 - '12 Trucks
Event will be rain or shine.

We will have the KidsZone, Hot Wheel drag racing, and plenty of swap meet / food vendors day of show.

Entry fees are still the same $20 to pre-enter and $25 day of show. Pre-registration before August 4, 2012 include a dash plaque, a event hat, one door prize ticket, and 5 tickets to win the car, big cash, and big prizes. Also, you will not have wait in a long line when you get to the show. Registration after August 4, 2012 includes a dash plaque and one ticket to win the car, big cash, and big prizes. Online pre-registration coming soon.

Spectator admission is $5 per person, $15 per family. Children 12 and under are admitted free.

2011 was again a great year. I did not get one cussing this year after the show. We had plenty of input on how to improve and appreciate anymore that anyone has. We, the community of Ardmore, really appreciate the turnout and the opportunity to have a car show. We had 1053 registered vehicles in 2011 with plenty of parking left over. If you have never attended, you are missing some of the nicest show vehicles in the TN Valley.

I will keep everyone updated as we continue to progress and get the flyer done.

Thanks, Rodney

I do have a update on the giveaway car. Its a 1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe. 114K original miles, leather, 440/727 combo, and get this 1 of 16 in 1967 that came with front and rear air, pretty rare. Jay Leno has one but his has power vent windows as this one doesn't. I will have to get some pics to Samir to post.

Pictures from Rodney:

Upload your media here to have it appear below.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

The weather was perfect for a car show in the dead of summer, and the record low temps brought out the largest turnout in the show's history. Over 1400 cars officially registered. All the available parking for the event was used up for the first time in the show's history. Another 100 or so probably could have fit, but they're still reaching capacity for sure. It's a good problem to have.

Anthony (gorkoracing) was waiting for me at the McDonald's just down the road from the park entrance. We took out the top on the Exige and put it in the minivan I had with me. We were about an hour behind schedule from where I originally wanted to be, and I was tempted to cover the benefit ride being held right down the street since I saw so many bikes out and about, but something told me to focus on the task at hand. This was the first time Anthony would be helping me cover an event, and it's the hardest event to cover of the whole year. As we pulled in, I was shocked as both baseball fields were almost completely full. I bumped into Sandy shortly after who told me that they were out of space as the cars continued to roll in behind us. I knew Anthony and I had our work cut out for us.

We started at vendor row, and I was surprised to see it bigger than ever.

Several Huntsville Car Scene sponsors were present. Len from In Depth Auto Detailing had a really nice booth with a full inventory of quality Adam's Polishes.

Kim and Cassie were passing out information about their Chrome insurance offerings for enthusiasts like us.

And Britney from Wheel Fix-It was taking it easy under a nice white tent. Just kidding! This is probably the only time they actually can rest. They're always busy making right what curbs made wrong.

After we finished with vendor row, we started in the back area of the park. And while we were here, we bumped into both Rodney and Sandy making their rounds and keeping everything running in tip-top shape.

Anthony was grabbing a shot of the giveaway car, so I grabbed a shot of him at work. Without his help, attempting to take a picture of every car here would have been much, much more difficult. Thank you so much Anthony!

As we made our rounds taking pictures of every car at the show, we kept bumping into some florescent sign boards for 'grilled corn'. We dubbed them 'The Grilled Corn Girls' and took pictures of them every time we ran into them. But everyone loved the corn, and the girls did a really good job of getting the word out there.

Because of the timing of the large benefit ride just down the street, lots and lots of motorcyclists stopped by and checked out the show. So many that it was more than what's found at most bike events!

Anthony ended up shooting what felt like so much more than me since I was having conversations every 15 minutes. And it's always good to see everyone, especially some people that I haven't seen in ages like WAFF48 weatherman Brad Travis and family. Did you know he was car enthusiast? Yep! He's a Mustang man. Even Horace was here from last year's show just sitting back and enjoying the atmosphere.

There were so many people here, and so many great friends that gave me and Anthony water as we made our way all over the park. Thank you to everyone that gave us a bottle--without you we couldn't have done it. It may not have been 110 degrees, but we were still sweating buckets.

And just as we finished with all the cars, it was time for awards. Anthony got some food and well-needed rest and I continued until the very end of the show. After giving away a car, a transmission, a Snap-On tool box, cash prizes, and a 50/50 worth $3000, the show was over. And it was over with us having shot 1800 pictures and video clips when all was said and done--the most event coverage ever produced for this event.

I want to thank Anthony, Rodney, Sandy, and everyone that helped make this event coverage possible.

On my way out of the event, I still found a lot of cars and bikes around, so I parked in a parking lot and shot panning shots as they zoomed by. Enjoy! See everyone next year! -- Samir
35 members will be attending this event:

Old October 21st   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post Rodney! And the same deal applies from last year--put the www.huntsvillecarscene.com url on the flyer and I'll run a banner ad for the show on here all the way up to the day of the show.

If you want to post updates in this thread, I'll add them to the event listing. And as always, call/text me if you need anything, 615-512-5520.
Old December 19th   #3
LastChance
LastChance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the post Rodney! And the same deal applies from last year--put the www.huntsvillecarscene.com url on the flyer and I'll run a banner ad for the show on here all the way up to the day of the show.

If you want to post updates in this thread, I'll add them to the event listing. And as always, call/text me if you need anything, 615-512-5520.
Thanks Samir as always brother.

I do have a update on the giveaway car. Its a 1967 Chrysler Imperial Crown Coupe. 114K original miles, leather, 440/727 combo, and get this 1 of 16 in 1967 that came with front and rear air, pretty rare. Jay Leno has one but his has power vent windows as this one doesn't. I will have to get some pics to Samir to post.

Thanks

Cheese puff since you were the first to click that you were attending please pm or email me and I have a special gift for you for the show.
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th   #4
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

all i want is a hat!!!!!!!!!!
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #5
LastChance
LastChance

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
all i want is a hat!!!!!!!!!!
I do not support any Hargroves and their sinning ways. LOL
Old December 20th   #6
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

pot,kettle,black!!lol i understand reverend
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChance View Post
Thanks Samir as always brother.

Listing updated with the info. Feel free to just email me the pics--samir at huntsvillecarscene.com and I'll add them.

I knew I should have clicked attending, lol.
Old January 30th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Pictures added! Sorry I fell behind on this. It was right when I was getting sick.
Old January 31st   #9
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

I def need to get my 67 out to this show again. Felt bad for missing it last year haha
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd   #10
LastChance
LastChance

okay ya'll, I have a pre-registration update for the show.

Pre-registration will be 20 bucks, this is what you get. A dash plaque, a event hat, your one door prize ticket, and 5 tickets to win the car, big cash, and big prizes. also you will not have wait in a long line when you ger to the show. Also be on the lookout we will offering a new Ardmore Car Show website and online registration in the next coming months. Flyers should be done within a month and mailed out shortly. If anyone has any questions you can call me at 205.908.2677. Thanks.

Rodney (hargrove) willoughby

Last edited by LastChance; February 22nd at 11:15 PM.
Old February 23rd   #11
RatTrap
RatTrap
-Rat is where it's at!.

Exclamation I like that door prize!

I am afraid I would have to paint it black and
add a green grille and some rocket launchers.

It doesn't have a phonograph player in it by any chance?

(for those that don't "get it"- I am refering to the Green Hornet)

See you at the show!
THE best one I went to last year!
RatTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd   #12
LastChance
LastChance

Thanks for your comments Rat, it does not have the record player but it is a cool cruiser. I will have it a bunch of local shows as they get fired up so everyone and check it out up close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatTrap View Post
I am afraid I would have to paint it black and
add a green grille and some rocket launchers.

It doesn't have a phonograph player in it by any chance?

(for those that don't "get it"- I am refering to the Green Hornet)

See you at the show!
THE best one I went to last year!
Old February 23rd   #13
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
I can't wait for this show. Last year was huge and one of the best local shows I have been to! I really enjoy the swap meet and all the vendors. They make that show not boring at all. Wish more shows where like this!
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChance View Post
okay ya'll, I have a pre-registration update for the show.

Pre-registration will be 20 bucks, this is what you get. A dash plaque, a event hat, your one door prize ticket, and 5 tickets to win the car, big cash, and big prizes. also you will not have wait in a long line when you ger to the show. Also be on the lookout we will offering a new Ardmore Car Show website and online registration in the next coming months. Flyers should be done within a month and mailed out shortly. If anyone has any questions you can call me at 205.908.2677. Thanks.

Rodney (hargrove) willoughby
Listing updated.
Old March 20th   #15
LastChance
LastChance

Update!!!Update!!!! Snap-On (located in Elkmont, Alabama) showed me the tool box that they are offering to give away this year @ the car show and its a bad boy. If you boughts this bad boy on your own it would cost over 8K. I just want to thank Snap-On for their help with the show over the last few years. These are local folks that love our communities and build great tools. By the way, They build screw drivers, dead blow hammers, sockets, breaker bars and some rachets there. Its a top class facility with top class people that believe in American made and its done here in North Alabama. I will have some pics of the box very soon.

On another note member Cheezit has won a free pre-entry to the show for being the first one to click that they are attending the show after the post was started. Cheezit please call me @ 205.908.2677 when you can so I can get you squared away. Thanks for the attention.

I will be doing some more free pre-entries for HCS members in the near future so please watch this thread and wait for the give outs.

Peace out.

LiL Doc
Old March 20th   #16
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

Cheesepuff the winner?
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #17
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Show was huge last year but it was blazing hot.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #18
RatTrap
RatTrap
-Rat is where it's at!.

Not Cheesepuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesepuff View Post
Cheesepuff the winner?
He said Cheezit.

Maybe he will draw again and get my name this time.

(congrats- just messin with you)
Old March 20th   #19
RatTrap
RatTrap
-Rat is where it's at!.

Got that right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
Show was huge last year but it was blazing hot.
I might have to have my wife drive the pickup or find a way to haul a trailer so I can bring my generator, shop fan, lounge chair, Tent, cooler, and other assorted items to fight the heatwave.

It did rain for 3 minutes last year, but I think the rain dried up before it hit the ground.

I spent 3 hours looking at the cars and only saw a portion of them.

Is there a list of what you can and can't bring to the show?
Old March 20th   #20
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75
Quote:
Originally Posted by RatTrap View Post
Is there a list of what you can and can't bring to the show?
From what I've seen, its open to everything.