Rocket City Mustang Club
Monthly Meetings
Casa Blanca
Every 3rd Tuesday at 7:00 p.m.

Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > Rocket City Mustang Club

Rocket City Mustang Club The official forum for the Rocket City Mustang Club, one of the Mustang Clubs in the area

Old September 16th   #1
Greg G
Greg G
has no status.

NASA & the Moon

I found an interesting article via http://Drudgereport.com .Here is a link to the actual article. http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science...-mission_x.htm . It looks like you local NASA guys will still have a job. My question is why if it took only ten years from the time a monkey rode on top of an ICBM to the time the first human set foot on the Moon, why would ot take until 2018, 13 more years from now, to get back on the Moon ? Boeing already has a rocket capable of going there, the Delta series. A launch last year of the Delta 4 proved this.

It wouldn't be difficult to build a Delta 5 Moon Special, a rocket in the middle with 4 more surrounding it. I'm not knocking any of you guys and have a large degree of respect for the engineers, NASA and the Space Program but why should it take until 2018 to do this? Enlighten me guys. Here is a link to a description of the Delta 4 Heavy. http://spaceflightnow.com/delta/d310...lta4heavy.html
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I think it comes down to finances. It is technically possible to have cars that run on liquid hydrogen. The cars exist. But without the infrastructure and financial support, it won't happen. I think it is the same for the space program.

I think until another country upsets us and starts another "race", we won't be worried about it for quite a while.
Old September 16th   #3
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Dumb question, whats left to see on the moon again? I thought we were doing the Mars thing?
sixtyfivestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfivestang
Dumb question, whats left to see on the moon again? I thought we were doing the Mars thing?
We have to visit! Who else is going to maintain that flag?

And Mars...pffff...we don't have enough wd40 yet. How else are we going to mine it for iron and bring it all back?
Old September 16th   #5
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

I can see maintaining the flag part but no more moon rocks I lived through the first moon rock craze and I cant see putting up with a second. You seem to know the car scene here well, what's the best car show going this weekend for car nutt with an older Ford to attend?
Old September 16th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'd recommend the Hartselle Depot Days show. I heard about it last year from everyone and it was the one show I didn't go to. There's also the Street Rod Garage show which should also draw a crowd.

If you're looking for something later in the evening, I think a lot of the Hartselle cars will head over to the Cruise-In at the Decatur Steak and Shake. They usually have a pretty good showing of cars and I think it will be exceptionally packed this time.

That's part of the route I've got planned for tommorrow. My full route covers the Trail of Tears stop in Madison, then onto Hartselle, then Decatur. Good thing gas prices have gone down a little.
Old September 16th   #7
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Thanks for the tip. I think I will try the Hartselle show and go from there.
Old September 17th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtyfivestang
Thanks for the tip. I think I will try the Hartselle show and go from there.
Sounds good. Say hi if you see me out there running around.
Old September 17th   #9
sixtyfivestang
sixtyfivestang
has no status.

Thanks again for the tips on cruise spots, went to both. saw some real nice cars. Steak and shake....good food and nice atmosphere.
Old September 18th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

No problem. I went to both and had a fun time too. But what an exhausting day.
Old September 18th   #11
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

back to the moon

the company i work for developed and built several of the X34 engines that was to replace the shuttle. i built several tubes and modified many others as design changes were made. the X34 was cancelled and we let the patent for the engine get away from us over a mere 250$. something like 80 thousand lbs thrust
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote