Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 13th   #161
200sxsermatt
200sxsermatt
shift denied!
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 237
since age 15...

78 camaro rs
94 talon dl
93 eclipse gs
90 talon tsi
97 dodge ram 1500 (Roll tide edition)
04 Grand Cherokee limited
04 sti
96 200sx ser
90 300zx
89 d21 ext cab
70 c10
96 200sx ser
90 240sx rb20det
87 s10 blazer
00 ford ranger
95 240sx se
97 200sx ser
00 maxima se
06 impala lt
94 tbird lx
92 Integra
93 integra
95 Integra
97 civic
93 civic hatch
98 200sx ser
97 Cherokee sport
99 f250
96 200sx ser
84 brat
00 kia Rio

that's all I can think of at this moment lol
__________________
2006 Chevrolet Impala LT
2006 Scion Tc
1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1984 Subaru Brat
1969 Dodge 3/4 ton

Last edited by 200sxsermatt; September 13th at 10:46 PM.
200sxsermatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th   #162
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 200sxsermatt View Post
since age 15...

78 camaro rs
94 talon dl
93 eclipse gs
90 talon tsi
97 dodge ram 1500 (Roll tide edition)
04 Grand Cherokee limited
04 sti
96 200sx ser
90 300zx
89 d21 ext cab
70 c10
96 200sx ser
90 240sx rb20det
87 s10 blazer
00 ford ranger
95 240sx se
97 200sx ser
00 maxima se
06 impala lt
94 tbird lx
92 Integra
93 integra
95 Integra
97 civic
93 civic hatch
98 200sx ser
97 Cherokee sport
99 f250
96 200sx ser
84 brat
00 kia Rio

that's all I can think of at this moment lol
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th   #163
secondhandloser
secondhandloser
has no status.
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 58
1996 Accord Ex
1996 Civic EX coupe
1999 Cherokee
1991 mustang 5.0
2006 Wrangler
2000 540i
2002 s2000
2009 370z
another 2000 540i
2011 WRX
2012 mustang gt
secondhandloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th   #164
jymor
jymor
has no status.
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 70
1973 MGB
1984 CRX
1988 CRX Si
1974 Ford Capri
1993 Del Sol Si
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary Edition
2007 350z

Last edited by jymor; September 17th at 09:09 PM.
jymor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th   #165
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Bump for all the new members. Tell us what you've owned!
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th   #166
dr1ft@gious
dr1ft@gious
needs money for bilstein sports.
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 215
1992 Acura integra b20
1988 Mercedes 300e
1988 300te
dr1ft@gious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #167
LittleBritishCars
LittleBritishCars
--- Certifiably Car Crazy
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
I won't try to list them all but will give a general overview of the are cars that are/were 25 years or older when I owned them.

22 Chevrolet Corvairs (Still own 2)
15 Aircooled Beetles
12 MGBs and Midgets (Still own 2)
1929 Ford Model A
1951 Mercedes 220S
1950 Buick
1952 Buick
1955 Buick
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air Sedan
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air Coupe
1964 Ford Thunderbird (Still own)
1965 Mustang
1966 Mustang GT
1973 Porsche 914 (Still own)
1974 Datsun 260Z
1975 BMW 2002
1982 Datsun 280ZX
1983 Datsun 280ZX
1982 Jaguar XJ6 (Still own)
1986 Jaguar XJ6 (Still own)
2 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupes

And probably a few I have totally forgotten about.

None of these cars were daily drivers. I have owned several cars such as Miatas, Fieros, 300ZXs, RX7s, BMW E30s, etc as daily drivers in addition to the "family" cars.

What can I say - I am car crazy!!

Bob
LittleBritishCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #168
chagood8267
chagood8267
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
91 thunderbird
97 caviler
88 ford ranger
97 grand am
95 s10
98 taurus
97 grand am
88 crx
07 honda rebel
87 civic hatch
90 s10
96 miata (still own)
06 civic (still own)
68 impala (still own)
84 corvette (still own)
01 suzuki bandit (still own)
chagood8267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th   #169
LowBoost
LowBoost
is upgrading his stock TT's to Twin GT28's!
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to LowBoost
92 Mazda Protege
88 Toyota Supra T (white)
88 Toyota Supra T (midnight blue)
87 CRX si
88 CRX si
91 CRX si
86 Golf
96 Mustang v6
91 Suburu Loyale
86 Fiero GT
91 Mr2 n/a
87 Jeep XJ lifted/35"s
93 civic hatch sohc vtec swap
87 Chrysler Conquest
87 Celica GTS
96 Gran Prix
96 Acura Integra
90 Acura Integra
99 Saturn LS
86 Trans AM
95 Taurus
88 Dodge Omni
79 c10
99 VW Passat Wagon I4 Turbo
91 MR2 turbo (swapped 2grfe into it)
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Minor lift/31"s
01 Buick Lesabre
79 CJ5 I6 4.2L carb'd
70's K5 Blazer massive lift and 35"s
94 Supra TT

Last edited by LowBoost; March 20th at 04:02 PM.
LowBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #170
protek
protek
is now a GTI owner.
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 238
Send a message via AIM to protek Send a message via Skype™ to protek
1996 Mazda Miata R
2001 Mustang GT
2002 Subaru WRX
protek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #171
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBritishCars View Post
I won't try to list them all but will give a general overview of the are cars that are/were 25 years or older when I owned them.

22 Chevrolet Corvairs (Still own 2)
15 Aircooled Beetles
12 MGBs and Midgets (Still own 2)
1929 Ford Model A
1951 Mercedes 220S
1950 Buick
1952 Buick
1955 Buick
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air Sedan
1954 Chevrolet Bel Air Coupe
1964 Ford Thunderbird (Still own)
1965 Mustang
1966 Mustang GT
1973 Porsche 914 (Still own)
1974 Datsun 260Z
1975 BMW 2002
1982 Datsun 280ZX
1983 Datsun 280ZX
1982 Jaguar XJ6 (Still own)
1986 Jaguar XJ6 (Still own)
2 1987 Thunderbird Turbo Coupes

And probably a few I have totally forgotten about.

None of these cars were daily drivers. I have owned several cars such as Miatas, Fieros, 300ZXs, RX7s, BMW E30s, etc as daily drivers in addition to the "family" cars.

What can I say - I am car crazy!!

Bob
What a list! You're definitely in the right company, because I think we are all envious of you. We're all car crazy here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBoost View Post
92 Mazda Protege
88 Toyota Supra T (white)
88 Toyota Supra T (midnight blue)
87 CRX si
88 CRX si
91 CRX si
86 Golf
96 Mustang v6
91 Suburu Loyale
86 Fiero GT
91 Mr2 n/a
87 Jeep XJ lifted/35"s
93 civic hatch sohc vtec swap
87 Chrysler Conquest
87 Celica GTS
96 Gran Prix
96 Acura Integra
90 Acura Integra
99 Saturn LS
86 Trans AM
95 Taurus
88 Dodge Omni
79 c10
99 VW Passat Wagon I4 Turbo
91 MR2 turbo (swapped 2grfe into it)
96 Jeep Grand Cherokee Minor lift/31"s
01 Buick Lesabre
79 CJ5 I6 4.2L carb'd
70's K5 Blazer massive lift and 35"s
94 Supra TT
Interesting how you started out at the Supra and went full circle to come right back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by protek View Post
1996 Mazda Miata R
2001 Mustang GT
2002 Subaru WRX
Hey, what's a Miata R? Was this a special edition of some sort?
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #172
Eurasianman
Eurasianman
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 8
Prior to the list below, my dad let me drive his 1997 Toyota Tacoma when I turned 15 until I was ready to buy my first car. The Tacoma still runs today. 130,000 miles and still on the stock clutch (vehicle that I used to learn how to drive a manual)

2007 Pontiac G5
2010 Cobalt SS Turbocharged
2013 Subaru BRZ

Last edited by Eurasianman; March 21st at 08:18 AM.
Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #173
chagood8267
chagood8267
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 25
yea simir the miata r had bilsteins shocks, stiffer rear springs, bigger sways, rear spoiler, front and rear air dams, and a limited slip differential
chagood8267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #174
LowBoost
LowBoost
is upgrading his stock TT's to Twin GT28's!
 

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to LowBoost
Is that Porshe 914 the 4 or 6cyl? At one point I was hunting one of those with the sidewinder trans-axle and 6cyl swap. Then I got interested in the 951's... which again never materialized for me.

A 914 for autox would be so much fun... Maybe someday!
LowBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #175
protek
protek
is now a GTI owner.
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 238
Send a message via AIM to protek Send a message via Skype™ to protek
Yep, the Miata R had all the features that chagood said, and was limited to 1218 units. Mine was kinda special because it's the only one that I have found with the R package, that also had the $1,400 "black miata" package, which had the tan interior, and tan top.

I miss mine. :[
protek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #176
LittleBritishCars
LittleBritishCars
--- Certifiably Car Crazy
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 39
My 914 is a 914-4 - has the 2.0L

Bob
__________________
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza (AACA Senior)
1966 Chevrolet Corvair Monza
1973 Porsche 914
1981 Chevrolet Corvette
1982 Jaguar XJ6
1986 Jaguar XJ6
1992 VW Cabriolet
Daily Driver - 2011 Camaro SS 6 speed
LittleBritishCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st   #177
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by chagood8267 View Post
yea simir the miata r had bilsteins shocks, stiffer rear springs, bigger sways, rear spoiler, front and rear air dams, and a limited slip differential
Quote:
Originally Posted by protek View Post
Yep, the Miata R had all the features that chagood said, and was limited to 1218 units. Mine was kinda special because it's the only one that I have found with the R package, that also had the $1,400 "black miata" package, which had the tan interior, and tan top.

I miss mine. :[
Wow that was a keeper!
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #178
naikaidriver
naikaidriver
Finally home for a while!
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 106
Let's see. I have a bit of an unusual list and I am pretty confident that I have a car or two in here that none of you have owned.

1971 Ford Ranchero 302 H.O.
1981 Ford Mustang with 400rwhp 351C swap
1980 Ford Mustang with modified 2.3L
1997 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
1968 Chevy Camaro SS 327 (I REALLY miss this car!)
1992 Nissan 4x4
1996 Camaro SS Convertible 6pd #267
1990 Nissan Sentra SE-R
1992 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR (in Japan)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (In Japan)
1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo (In Japan)
1992 Toyota MR-2 NA
2001 BMW 325ci Convertible 5spd Sport Package
2005 Scion tC (wife's car)
2013 Scion FR-S (still enjoying it)

Scott
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #179
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by naikaidriver View Post
1992 Mitsubishi Evolution GSR (in Japan)
1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R (In Japan)
1991 Toyota MR-2 Turbo (In Japan)
Ahh! JDM at it's best! Were they much different than their foreign counterparts? Ie, build quality and such? And what's the scene like there?
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd   #180
naikaidriver
naikaidriver
Finally home for a while!
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Ahh! JDM at it's best! Were they much different than their foreign counterparts? Ie, build quality and such? And what's the scene like there?
The MR-2 was nearly indistinguishable from the USDM car except possibly a little lighter due to less stringent US Safety Standards. Other than that the one I bought after moving to Huntsville was NA and they are pretty different from the turbo models. Since the Lancer and GTR were never offered in the States, nothing really to compare them to. All I can say is that they drove unlike anything I have ever driven in the US.

The scene near Hiroshima was pretty out of control every weekend but nothing like the movies. It was more like a Friday night gathering in most cities. Mostly just car nuts standing around and talking all night. The only exception was this one place south of Hiroshima on this stretch of highway.

After a stop light, it was two lanes with a median going North and South with a rest stop on each side of the highway about a mile up. Both rest stops were connected by a tunnel and a walkway-bridge that was the unofficial "Finish Line". Drivers would start at the bottom of the hill at the stop light and race up to the bridge. Keep in mind that these were NOT your usual "tuner toys" you see in the States. The actual garages would bring out their 1000hp Skylines, Supras, 600hp RX7s, 450hp MR2s, and would pit them against guys in modified Lambos, Ferraris or other exotics. Speeds under the bridge would routinely hit near (or at) 200mph. Also, this may have been drag racing but the highway was not in a straight. It had a gentle right and then a left turn before heading up the hill. Good times.

If anyone ever wants to hear more about it or the drift scene (in rural Japan) hit me up next time you see me at a meet. I love rehashing my old memories of Japan since I lived there for a total of 8 years! I still have a few pictures that I'll share right now.

Scott

My old R1 on top of Oshima Island.

My old VFR400R taken in the same spot a year earlier. I REALLY miss that bike!

Me drifting at the local drift track in the rain in southern Japan.

My friend John and I with our GTRs (sorry for the gestures but its the only pic I have left of it!)

My old MR2 near Kure, Japan. I miss this car too! Heavily modified and best handling car I have ever owned.
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Makes Older Cars Cool? Samir General Discussions 42 August 10th 04:05 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service