Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners Meet
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

February 11th 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Red Robin Gourmet Burgers‎, 2720 Carl T Jones Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35802

This is a meet for local Mitsubishi Owners, but is open to any enthusiast. In fact, the Huntsville Flat Four, which is a local Subaru group has been invited to attend.

So if you have a love for awd cars, Mitsubishis, Subarus, or import cars in general, you should come tag along.

Check out the group on Facebook too:
http://www.facebook.com/NAMOonline
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman View Post
Reminder to everyone...I will be there around 1:30-2pm myself. Please be there by 2:30-2:45 because I will take a headcount then for seating.

ALSO: Please note that due to the large volume of people we will be parking BEHIND RED ROBIN in the Dick's Sporting Goods parking area. There is tons of space there for all of us without overflowing the Red Robin parking. Look for a red Evo parked there and start parking in that area

Red Robin has been put on alert and they are excited for us. We may not all be at the same table (a la last supper style) but we will all be in the same area from what they have informed me
Based on the timing and weather, we envision this as the schedule, but it's subject to change:
2pm
Rayman, Samir, and others arrive and start figuring out exactly how many people might be coming. It's a bit chilly, but the sun is out so it's fine. People begin to arrive and social hour begins.
2:30pm
Rayman gives the restaurant an approximate head count. They tell him to give them 20mins.
2:55pm
Most everyone has arrived and is in full swing socializing. Samir is running around taking photos, and trying to make sure he doesn't miss anyone that just shows up for a few minutes and has to take off.
3pm
We go inside. Samir takes a few final shots and joins everyone 20mins later.
4:30pm-ish
Done eating and bills paid, and those that smoke need a smoke break, so we head back towards the cars.
4:40pm+
People start to head out towards this meet downtown or call it a night:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2012-2-11&c=1

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

Even though it was cold outside, that didn't stop enthusiasts from being out and about. I ran into a nice Corvette and CTS-V with an exhaust on my way to the meet.

I arrived at the shopping center to find two Subarus parked in the Red Robin parking lot with a lot of empty spots around it. So I pulled in there versus parking at Dicks like the original plan. With an entire two rows of parking, I thought we should be alright. I was pleasantly surprised when cars kept pulling in, and we quickly figured out some additional parking as everything filled up. Some people couldn't stay for the whole meet, so they came and went, but it was great they stopped by. People from the restaurant even stopped to take a look before getting in their own cars, or before they went inside to eat.

The sun was out, and at times the cold didn't seem too bad. But it would be just then that a gust of wind would slap you in the face to remind you. Everyone was prepared though, so it was social hour as usual.

And it was more than just Mitsubishis and Subarus. There were BMWs, Nissans, a Lotus, and even a right-hand drive Supra.

Plus, several neat cars and bikes just driving and riding by on their way to the shopping center.

This was a family friendly event, and several people brought their kids. And in one case, even unborn twins.

And there was some great stuff to look at and hear like this stock-looking Cosworth engine in a Subaru, and an all Aluminum exhaust on a Mitsubishi Evo.

This was the largest meet I have seen in a long time. There were 40+ cars and 60+ people. Red Robin was over halfway full with just our group of people.

Even though Rayman and I didn't have a chance to chat but just for a few moments during the whole meet, everything went surprisingly according to the mental schedule we both had in mind. By 4:30pm, we had eaten and returned to socializing around the cars. Some people left to go home, while others caravanned downtown to the cruise-in happening over there.

What a great day for a cold day in February! See everyone at the next one.
20 members will be attending this event:

Old January 11th   #2
ray
ray

If you don't mark yourself as attending on here and/or let me know how many guests you have in addition to yourself...you won't be considered as dining with our group and you WON'T have a seat.
Old January 11th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Mmmm...unlimited fries...
Old January 11th   #4
bigben
bigben
has no status.

I'll be there!
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th   #5
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I'll be there!
Click the link that says you'll be attending! I'm pulling the official count from this.
Old January 11th   #6
bigben
bigben
has no status.

Quote:
Click the link that says you'll be attending! I'm pulling the official count from this.
You're gonna have to point it out to me because I don't see it
Old January 11th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
You're gonna have to point it out to me because I don't see it
You found it.
Old January 11th   #8
bigben
bigben
has no status.

I feel like a DA that I didn't notice it before, lol.
Old January 11th   #9
Envy My 9
Envy My 9
finally got a few pics up

Thanks for putting this together. It has been too long since the last meet
Envy My 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I feel like a DA that I didn't notice it before, lol.
It's all good. Sometimes I even forgot about all the features here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy My 9 View Post
It has been. How have you been?
Old January 12th   #11
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy My 9 View Post
Sorry dude, I meant to tell you about this at lunch yesterday and totally forgot lol glad you found it

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th   #12
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Sorry dude, I meant to tell you about this at lunch yesterday and totally forgot lol glad you found it
David you better come too.
Old January 12th   #13
dsmwookie
dsmwookie
has no status.

I would love to attend, but my car is not a Mitsubishi, Subaru, or import :<
dsmwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th   #14
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post
I would love to attend, but my car is not a Mitsubishi, Subaru, or import :<
So? Come on out if you want something to do and some new people to meet. Bring friends.
Old January 12th   #15
dsmwookie
dsmwookie
has no status.

Quote:
So? Come on out if you want something to do and some new people to meet. Bring friends.
I was teasing I drive a Talon. Ill be there hopefully with the Talon, but that is dependent on some projects getting finished...

Stupid wiring...
Old January 12th   #16
ray
ray

Haha I was kind of doubting since your username has "dsm" in it, but hey, it's the Internet. Crazier things have happened.

Looks nice and clean!

Even if you don't get it finished just bring whatever wheels you have that will get you there. You can still talk and not have to do the "show and tell" portion of the meet, hahaha
Old January 12th   #17
dsmwookie
dsmwookie
has no status.

Easier said than done. When the DSM is down I have to swallow my pride and ride in the shame mobile...2007 Prius *gasp*
Old January 12th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Even if you don't get it finished just bring whatever wheels you have that will get you there. You can still talk and not have to do the "show and tell" portion of the meet, hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmwookie View Post
When the DSM is down I have to swallow my pride and ride in the shame mobile...2007 Prius *gasp*
Hey no shame in that! Ray might be coming in a Corolla and I'll probably be in my 94 Accord with damaged clearcoat.

It's not about what you drive, but what you enjoy. The thing that makes meets fun is the people mixing with the cars. We can bring the people, and others can bring the cars.
Old January 12th   #19
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Hey no shame in that! Ray might be coming in a Corolla and I'll probably be in my 94 Accord with damaged clearcoat.

It's not about what you drive, but what you enjoy. The thing that makes meets fun is the people mixing with the cars. We can bring the people, and others can bring the cars.
Pssssh! I wouldn't bring the Corolla to a function like this.

I'd bring the PT Cruiser!
Old January 12th   #20
highspeed
highspeed
is changing wheel bearings

Josh, that wiring looks sessy
highspeed is offline   Reply With Quote