Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

H2O Tuning Get Together
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

December 12th 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Meet by 7pm at shopping center at 916 Highway 72 East in Athens, AL across from Walmart

If you've got a watercooled VW or Audi and are into Euro Tuning, this is the group for you. Come and hang out!

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

It had been a long time since I had a chance to go to a H2O Tuning get together. These are some of the most chill meets in the entire scene, feeling more like a bunch of guys and girls hanging out in a parking lot more than anything else.

Originally the idea was to meet up and then choose a place to eat, but Matt got hungry and headed towards the Asian buffet and everyone followed, lol.

It was some good food and hit the spot. Some people didn't eat which messed up the restaurant into thinking some people walked out without paying. It was an akward moment and a laugh later.

There was a good collection of everything in the world of euro tuning. From Audis to Volkswagons to Matt's new 996 Carrera. And I'm sure that purchase was influenced a bit by the President of the Heart of Dixie Porsche club, who's actually his relative. Gives a whole new meaning to the saying, "it's in our blood", lol.

Some members also came over from Florence, which was pretty awesome. It's good to see some Florence-Huntsville connections brewing. I know there's a lot of stuff going on over on that side of the state, but it's hard for me to keep up with it.

Don (crmmzn) drove his new ride and project--an Audi. It already had some beautful wheels on it, and the black is definitely a contrast from the silver of the Jetta. Knowing Don, there's a lot of mods that are forthcoming, and I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before the car will be well known in the worldwide Audi scene.

The various conversations are always cool, and you can pick up so much just by listening. Tonight I learned something new about turbos--watercooled turbos still cool after the engine is shut off, so there's no need for a turbo timer. Good to know.

I was also able to spend a lot of time talking to Mr. Johnson of Johnson Foreign Car in Decatur. He's been distributing parts for decades. And because of his direct manufacturer connections, he can actually get parts cheaper than major wholesale (b2b) distributors like Worldpak--one of the largest wholesale distributors of German aftermarket parts in the US. He told me how he started the Huntsville location, but sold it to Jay, who happened to also have the same last name. It's a completely separate business now, but was once part of Mr. Johnson's three locations.

As we all stood around and talked, several cars cruised through before we all headed out.

It was a fun night, and good to see everyone again. See everyone at the next one!

There are no replies to show.