Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old January 19th   #1
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The Speakerbox Supermeet

The Nissan guys seem to be going to this in a big group. Let's get the Mitsu guys together and do the same thing! What do you say?
Old January 19th   #2
ray
ray

Yeah I'm gonna light a fire under all of them after the February meet. I'll work out details then

Last edited by ray; January 19th at 11:42 AM.
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'd recommend the Citgo as a gathering point. My cousin can help coordinate all the details.
Old January 19th   #4
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I'd recommend the Citgo as a gathering point. My cousin can help coordinate all the details.
Haha while I agree the Citgo is nice...we might as well just drive straight to the meet. Not much of a roll out there. We could just put up a sign that says "NAMO Cars This way ----->" so we wouldn't have to move the 100 feet to the Speakerbox.
Old January 19th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It would still be a rollout--from one parking lot to another, but a rollout nevertheless.
Old January 19th   #6
ray
ray

Quote:
It would still be a rollout--from one parking lot to another, but a rollout nevertheless.
Haha true. We could probably idle there or just get a push
Old January 19th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It should actually be safer as you guys would just be staying on the access road the whole time. It's going to be important to have traffic flow in quickly to get out of the main road. Sitting there is like being a sitting duck. Waaaay too easy to get hit.
Old January 20th   #8
ray
ray

Quote:
It should actually be safer as you guys would just be staying on the access road the whole time. It's going to be important to have traffic flow in quickly to get out of the main road. Sitting there is like being a sitting duck. Waaaay too easy to get hit.
Agreed. Maybe a cop should be on standby to direct traffic?
Old January 20th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayman View Post
Agreed. Maybe a cop should be on standby to direct traffic?
They're expensive. And I don't think it's necessary if they direct cars into the back immediately and then bring them to the front vs allowing them to directly park in front, which takes time and can cause a line to form and spill out onto 72.
Old January 20th   #10
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Yeah, I will be getting all of the parking planned out better this year.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Sweet.
Old January 20th   #12
ray
ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Yeah, I will be getting all of the parking planned out better this year.
My only request (and this is partially my fault from last year) is that we have a parking setup where you can leave easily and at any time. Not that I didn't want to stay last year...but I didn't have a choice in the matter for the majority of the day, haha
Old January 20th   #13
Beckham
Beckham

Quote:
My only request (and this is partially my fault from last year) is that we have a parking setup where you can leave easily and at any time. Not that I didn't want to stay last year...but I didn't have a choice in the matter for the majority of the day, haha
I agree and appreciate the input.

I will have more help, signage, etc this time as well. I hope to have a map of parking available to everyone online before the meet as well so people have an understanding of where to go and park.

Old January 20th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Excellent! I hope you're able to talk to more of the local groups this year as well. I think they'll be more receptive since the first one was a good time for all.
Old February 17th   #15
ray
ray

Alright I am going to start organizing us as a unit for the Speakerbox meet that is coming up. I will create an event listing so we can coordinate time and place to meet before arriving as a group (to ensure we get proper parking)

I will make sure I post up more details as I get them. I am going to work with the Subaru owners group in town as well as Speakerbox themselves to arrange our parking and meet.

Stay tuned.
Old February 17th   #16
Beckham
Beckham

Thanks, Ray! You can make a FB event for the pre-meet spot like the Z guys did. If you do that, just send me an invite to it so I can keep up to date on the info.

Also, I may ask you and David to come out to the shop at the same time so we can go over locations as it gets closer. As of right now, the AWD and Z group are the two biggest groups that are coming so I'd like to get input and spot preference put together.

Last edited by Beckham; February 17th at 10:56 AM.
Old February 17th   #17
ray
ray

That sounds like a good idea Beck.

My course of action is:
Get my car running safely
Get out to the next Subaru event and talk to Dana
Meet with you and discuss the details

And I will talk to Dana and see if he wants to come along to the Speakerbox (cause I know he has already talked to you, he was handing out flyers at the Mitsu/AWD meet last weekend) and we can hammer out specifics with David as well.

I still want to talk to Dana but I think it would be cool to have a row of the Mitsu cars and a row of the Subaru cars face to face like they are across a "battleground" of sorts, haha.
Old February 17th   #18
ray
ray

I need everyone's input on the meet ideas. We will arrive as a group so that everyone can park together (I will iron out parking specifics with the Speakerbox).

Right now I need votes and ideas about what everyone would like to do. The meet starts fairly early at 9am.

Last year we met at a gas station down the road. This year the Nissan group is using that as their "staging" area.

I see the pre-meet gathering as being one of two things. A meeting spot a short to medium distance from the Speakerbox itself where we can have a nice drive/cruise to the meet.

Or...we meet close to the Speakerbox and just take a short hop over to the meet itself.

What does everyone want to do?
Old February 17th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I still want to talk to Dana but I think it would be cool to have a row of the Mitsu cars and a row of the Subaru cars face to face like they are across a "battleground" of sorts, haha.
I wanted to do that at the last meet, but it was too cold and we ran out of time.
Quote:
I need everyone's input on the meet ideas. We will arrive as a group so that everyone can park together (I will iron out parking specifics with the Speakerbox).
I would look for something nearby that allows easy caravanning without the fear of getting separated by lights. There's a road behind that shell that may have some open parking spots that would be good to stage at, and then roll around the block to the light, take a right, and then head to Speakerbox.
Old February 17th   #20
AWDani
AWDani
is in full on mod mode.

What about Oh Bryans right near there? I don't think they serve breakfast do they? If not, their parking lot would be abandoned and would serve as a close spot to gather beforehand.

What we need is one or two people to help direct parking into their respective herds once we get there LOL. I definitely want to be parked with/near the Evos this time. /discrimination

Tomei Titanium Xpreme - AMS downpipe - AMS test pipe - Cobb Stage 2 - Rally Armor - Gram Lights 57D
AWDani is offline   Reply With Quote