Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old February 8th   #1
bigben
bigben
has no status.

Anyone know of a reputable alignment shop?

I won't use any of my local tire shops because they all do half-ass work. "Zero the toe and go" does not count as an alignment in my eyes, and my most recent experience, the person didn't make sure the steering wheel was pointed straight before he did any adjustments.

I can do the alignment myself if I had a rack to use, and I'd even pay the person for an alignment and I do all the work, if they'd let me. Does such a place exist? Any recommendations?
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th   #2
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

i know of a very reputable place, but they aren't a vendor here so i don't know if i'm allowed to post the name of the shop or not....
Old February 8th   #3
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
I won't use any of my local tire shops because they all do half-ass work. "Zero the toe and go" does not count as an alignment in my eyes, and my most recent experience, the person didn't make sure the steering wheel was pointed straight before he did any adjustments.

I can do the alignment myself if I had a rack to use, and I'd even pay the person for an alignment and I do all the work, if they'd let me. Does such a place exist? Any recommendations?
I used to do them at Mitsu, but since I left there I haven't taken one anywhere. Van Cleef does a pretty good job. I don't know what the wait time is though. Alignments are very easy on Evo's, so I would ask around and see what type of machine they have. You aren't lowered yet are you?
4nmscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th   #4
bigben
bigben
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson! View Post
i know of a very reputable place, but they aren't a vendor here so i don't know if i'm allowed to post the name of the shop or not....
PM me, homeslice
Old February 8th   #5
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Quote:
I think it's ok to mention shops you use, as long as it's not your personal shop.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th   #6
Wilson!
Wilson!

Ahh, wasn't sure how Samir was doing that. Alabama Wholesale afire in Scottsboro is an EXCELLENT shop.

Last edited by Wilson!; February 8th at 05:29 PM.
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th   #7
Wilson!
Wilson!

Tire not afire... Autocorrect...
Old February 8th   #8
G_Horneck
G_Horneck
has no status.

Me too... I just replaced my rack and tire rod assemblies and need toe set. Nothing else is adjustable. I just need toe set to 0. Anyone right here in town?
Old February 9th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:

Watch the language. See section 5.a.2 of the Terms of Service.

This thread had a lot of good recommendations including one gentleman in Athens with his own personal alignment rack that will set it up however you like:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4142

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
I think it's ok to mention shops you use, as long as it's not your personal shop.
Correct. If you're talking about someone as part of a discussion, that's allowed. If you're promoting yourself, that's not without an advertising contract.
Old February 9th   #10
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
This thread had a lot of good recommendations including one gentleman in Athens with his own personal alignment rack that will set it up however you like:
Ron is awesome! He did a great job on my VR-4 that has 4 wheel steering and aftermarket coilovers and camber plates. I thought his rates were very reasonable and he's a very knowledgeable guy. I would highly recommend him.
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4Rob View Post
Ron is awesome! He did a great job on my VR-4 that has 4 wheel steering and aftermarket coilovers and camber plates. I thought his rates were very reasonable and he's a very knowledgeable guy. I would highly recommend him.
And I've heard this multiple times too. I know he's who I'm going to take my cars to.
Old February 10th   #12
bigben
bigben
has no status.

I spoke to Ron on the phone earlier and he sounded like he's more than happy to help us out. I'll get him to align mine the week after next. Sorry for dropping that a-bomb, Samir. I guess these redneck's bad habits are wearing off on me.
Old February 11th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I spoke to Ron on the phone earlier and he sounded like he's more than happy to help us out. I'll get him to align mine the week after next.
Awesome!
Quote:
Sorry for dropping that a-bomb, Samir. I guess these redneck's bad habits are wearing off on me.
All good. I know how most forums are like the wild wild west, but here we've got kids and families online, so the rules are geared towards that.
Old February 11th   #14
4nmscle
4nmscle
is hibernating
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

I know. I can't stand that foul mouth. It's not nice to say dirty words. I never say them
4nmscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th   #15
bigben
bigben
has no status.

Ron aligned my car this morning and man oh man does it track smooth again. Almost all of the vibration is gone now except for that one warped front rotor. He is very proficient and does it in a very timely manner. If anyone wants his info, I'll gladly give it to you. He works only by appointment and calibrates his equipment monthly.
Old February 27th   #16
ray
ray

Quote:
Ron aligned my car this morning and man oh man does it track smooth again. Almost all of the vibration is gone now except for that one warped front rotor. He is very proficient and does it in a very timely manner. If anyone wants his info, I'll gladly give it to you. He works only by appointment and calibrates his equipment monthly.
Text me his contact info. I will have tires, suspension and refinished wheels going on all at the same time and something tells me it would be an excellent time for an alignment.
Old March 4th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Text me his contact info. I will have tires, suspension and refinished wheels going on all at the same time and something tells me it would be an excellent time for an alignment.
It's in this thread as well:
Old March 6th   #18
AmsoilVR4
AmsoilVR4
Just put in the new cv axle on the car, so much better

Rick's Frame and Alignment

Best place to go in huntsville, this guy will unbend ur frame, align it, and pretty much anything else for a reasonable price. Very trustworthy, located off of Cook Ave/Church St
AmsoilVR4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th   #19
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmsoilVR4 View Post
Best place to go in huntsville, this guy will unbend ur frame, align it, and pretty much anything else for a reasonable price. Very trustworthy, located off of Cook Ave/Church St
What kind of VR-4 do you have that uses Amsoil products?
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th   #20
AmsoilVR4
AmsoilVR4
Just put in the new cv axle on the car, so much better

Ive got brandons old green one. He was usin Rotella 15W40 and i changed it to Amsoil Full Synthetic 10W30.