Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Show and Shine

Show and Shine Post pictures, videos, and other stuff to look at

Old February 19th   #1
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
Porsche stuck in cement! ARE YOU SERIOUS!

I seen this today on Yahoo news and had to share it. I love one of the comments on this page, "high performance car, low performance driver" lol. I'm sorry but why do d-bags like this get the nice cars that those of us respect and can actually take care of. Too many people now blowing money on high performance cars like this for status and think the car is going to improve their driving skills. I see people like this flying through school zones and construction sites and it really irritates me. I really go off about the school zones. I will block jerks like this in traffic and really make them late for what ever reason they are risking kids lives for.

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...210302568.html
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I can't tell if that's a S, or a 4S. Hopefully a 4S so it's awd.

I think that was an honest mistake. City driving in San Francisco and other larger cities is a bit of a nightmare, and you can't follow all the rules or you simply won't get to your destination.

I understand what you mean by with some people driving higher performance cars. But until you own one of these, you don't realize that you can go literally double the speed limit and still have the same level of safety as a regular car if you stay alert. That's what renting a Carrera Turbo for a weekend taught me. 90mph in that was less than 10 seconds and I could scrub that speed off within 3 seconds. It was like piloting your own rollarcoaster. I could do so much because of the cars capabilities like highway merges from a standstill and braking -40mph in a second. These aren't things most cars can dream of.
Old February 19th   #3
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
One big key to that Samir, you can drive and be safe about it. That is my point. but to go around a closed road while there is construction workers present isn't smart. I have done road work so I guess I kinda take it to heart. I have had someone get upset because we "inconvinenced" him and almost hit me and took out 3 cones. So I hope you can see why I said what I said. It's one thing to own a car like that and be able to drive. I might not do the speed limit at all times but I DO NOT speed in school zones or road construction areas. If an road is closed it's closed for a reason. I understand not following the rules but if there is a sign up and cones out saying this road is closed off, especially in a car like that, would you risk it?
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Now I see a little better where you're coming from. It's very dangerous to try going around cones and such like that around here, but there in San Francisco, everything is a mess. And since it looked dry, they tried it--big expensive mistake. I hope they got a good steam cleaning of the underside that day so they're in for some expensive cleaning.
Old February 20th   #5
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

I'm sure most of you know I work in Traffic with the city. I am amazed daily at the idiots that we have driving. This may not taste well, but I see more women and elderly people make stupid driving decisions than any other group. Never fails we have cones out and lights on our vehicles blocking a lane and working in front of the vehicle and some people will nose their car in in front of us while we are working. I have on more than one occasion approached someone and questioned their ability to drive a vehicle, and then do whatever I can to delay them in any way i can.

The guy in this car deserved what he got. Couldn't have happened to a better guy LOL