Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Nissan Owners

North Alabama Nissan Owners A dedicated forum for the Nissan Owners in North Alabama

Old February 20th   #1
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Nissan Meet Success!

I have to say the past two meets have really shown out for the Nissan/Infiniti group. (All inclusive Michael) We've had a tremendous show out esp for the winter months. Between countless 350 and 370Zs we've had some 240s, 300s, Altimas, Maximas, Skylines and even the new GT-R come out.

The people are great also. I've had quite a few people come up to me and really like that we have classy folks in this group. Not a bunch of young thugs trying to out do each other. Everyone gets a long very well.

It's also been brought up that the leadership Michael and myself have used has been outstanding. No one feels left out, there's not politics involved and the meets are consistent. Seems like they are steadily growing every month. There were even some normal guys that weren't able to make this past month and a few others trying to get their cars ready and out asap. So I'm sure the numbers will grow. Personally, I can't wait to see what Spring and Summer hold for us. If we are getting 20+ cars in Feb, I hope we can keep that number going up as we head toward the Spring and Summer months.

People have been excited about the past few venues for parking and food so we will keep that in mind going forward also. The feedback is great so that Michael and I can keep delivering a great atmosphere and place for us guys to meet up and hang out.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th   #2
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

Haha it's not hard to be a leader of a non-club.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Well said, and kudos to you both for great work in keeping things organized and moving forward.

It's groups like this that I see growing into 40+ regular meets, and that would be very cool with the idea of a monthly gathering where all groups meet at once--giving Huntsville a couple of hundred cars each month to look at, maybe right in the heart of downtown Huntsville.

I know it's a far-fetched vision, but I truly believe that with people believing in it, it can happen. Everyone enjoying each others marques as well as their own and hanging out, a la one massive California-style cruise-in/meet.
Old February 20th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
It's never easy to be a leader. Pat yourself on the back.
Old February 20th   #5
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Truth. No rules, no real guidelines, no dues. Just bring your car out, eat, talk and have fun. (But don't act like a butt lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Well said, and kudos to you both for great work in keeping things organized and moving forward.

It's groups like this that I see growing into 40+ regular meets, and that would be very cool with the idea of a monthly gathering where all groups meet at once--giving Huntsville a couple of hundred cars each month to look at, maybe right in the heart of downtown Huntsville.

I know it's a far-fetched vision, but I truly believe that with people believing in it, it can happen. Everyone enjoying each others marques as well as their own and hanging out, a la one massive California-style cruise-in/meet.
It is very possible for this thing to grow. Funny how cars breed cars. As more Nissan guys ie the "faster, nicer" Zs, Skylines etc. see pictures and this thing growing, it will attract them out also. There are strength in numbers no doubt.

I plan on attending local car shows and events as the weather gets warmer. Hopefully we can bring out other guys from the group and attact more Nissan/Infiniti guys to our meets that way also.

Actually Samir, last night as I was laying in bed, I thought about having a get together of the Nissans, Subies, Evos, Camaros, Mustangs and all that to one big meet. Basically what the Speakerbox is doing. After I thought about it, we would need a venue like this to support it. (Even if just to let us use the parking lot) We already bring out 20+ cars. The Evo/Subie meet did the same. No add in the Camaros, Mustangs, Mopars, Hondas and your looking well over 100 cars. That could get out of hand without a proper venue willing to host it. But I'm for it if we can get a meeting of the leaders together and plan a place out.

Old February 20th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Actually Samir, last night as I was laying in bed, I thought about having a get together of the Nissans, Subies, Evos, Camaros, Mustangs and all that to one big meet. Basically what the Speakerbox is doing. After I thought about it, we would need a venue like this to support it. (Even if just to let us use the parking lot) We already bring out 20+ cars. The Evo/Subie meet did the same. No add in the Camaros, Mustangs, Mopars, Hondas and your looking well over 100 cars. That could get out of hand without a proper venue willing to host it. But I'm for it if we can get a meeting of the leaders together and plan a place out.
Welcome to my dream. This is one of the things that runs through my head every meet, every event, every meeting, every contact, and every night when I end my day working on HCS. I'm glad to see my dream is starting to get contagious.

This idea was proposed at the first, and this point only, Summit Meeting. I have a file sitting here that I need to photocopy and get to G_Horneck and people like yourself so you guys can start getting those quarterly meetings rolling again. The Summit is something so big that it really needs a committee to help with communications. I can't do it alone. And it requires a committee with the same vision, the same dream, and the same enthusiasm.
Old February 21st   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I agree. Plus you need and over all leader to kinda get the ball rolling to the leaders of each group and let them organize the group into coming. Much like Beck did for the Speakerbox meet. He threw the idea out there and guys like Ray and myself are organizing get the Nissans and Evo guys there and together. (As I'm sure others are doing for the other brands)

Someone needs to have the "hook-up" or "know" of businesses in the community to convince property owners and vendors to come out also. That's what will make this big.

Joe Davis Stadium, Milton Frank stadium or the old airport would make great venues for such an event. Personally, my resources end at getting the Nissan guys to come. I don't know big names like this nor do I personally have any sort of sales pitch lol. That's why I work in a back office doing computer type work and filing.

Old February 21st   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

You're absolutely right by needing to have a person that connects all the leaders together. Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, I've gotten that title by default, even by the leaders of the various groups. The only problem is the amount of available time I have in a given day with all the other responsibilities I have. But the progress of the scene cannot hinge on just one person, although it currently does.

It takes more than just throwing it out there as Beck learned on the first meet. It takes constant communication and interaction to fill all the gaps and make sure nothing falls through the cracks (several things did last year, but no one really knew this).

It will take more than just a property owner, but a real convergence that benefits all, including property owners and other businesses. I don't see why it's not possible since it happens in other cities. It's just a matter of doing the work to make it happen.

I can definitely understand being limited to a single group as we've all got things to balance. And I'm so glad you and Michael have turned the small group into something I've always wanted to see since the days of Altimas.net.
Old February 21st   #9
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Altima.net... wow, that is oldschool. CustomAltima.com... lol good times

It is a meeting of the minds but also someone actually getting out there and doing the dirty work. You would be right in saying most of us have to many other obligations to do it right. My old car club was SO demanding and I loved it for a while but as you grow older, your priorities change. Without Michael, this wouldn't be as effective as it's been. We really just pick a place, set a time, invite ppl putting the world out there and see what happens.

This idea, however, will take much more effort and planning. Also, finding that backing that the car scene is alive and well here and will be beneficial for vendors to come out and a venue to use will be the difficult part. Most have a bad taste in their mouth from car clubs running the streets like a bunch of gangs. Most have grown up since then and don't act like that anymore.

Also most ppl just want to show up, clean their ride and leave. Which is fine. But you have to have others that want to step up and do more. Also most "Big" cruise in's have a finacial allure to them. Anything big has money involved. Import Alliance blew up and it's $10 to get in. It's gotten a bit out of control and I doubt the City of Huntsville wants to deal with anything of this magnitude. The cons outweigh the pros.

Old February 21st   #10
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

Quote:
Without Michael, this wouldn't be as effective as it's been.
haha what did I do?
Old February 21st   #11
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
haha what did I do?
Quit fishing for compliments! haha!

Old February 21st   #12
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.

lol no really. I don't do anything.
Old February 21st   #13
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
lol no really. I don't do anything.
Yeah, me neither lol

Old February 23rd   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Altima.net... wow, that is oldschool. CustomAltima.com... lol good times
Great times!
Quote:
This idea, however, will take much more effort and planning. Also, finding that backing that the car scene is alive and well here and will be beneficial for vendors to come out and a venue to use will be the difficult part. Most have a bad taste in their mouth from car clubs running the streets like a bunch of gangs. Most have grown up since then and don't act like that anymore.

Also most ppl just want to show up, clean their ride and leave. Which is fine. But you have to have others that want to step up and do more. Also most "Big" cruise in's have a finacial allure to them. Anything big has money involved. Import Alliance blew up and it's $10 to get in. It's gotten a bit out of control and I doubt the City of Huntsville wants to deal with anything of this magnitude. The cons outweigh the pros.
I disagree with the car clubs running the streets like a bunch of gangs. Most organizations in the scene have been organized for over a decade now, so I don't see any of those problems. The organizations that were a bit on the 'informal' side have also changed. There's no real drama in the scene besides the normal amount found in the youngest generations of enthusiasts.

The City of Huntsville is very interested in anything that can benefit the community, and the numbers support such an event. It's a matter of just finding the right connections and help to make it all happen.