Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Import Meet at Spec Clutch
Calendar: Events Calendar
1 BAD Z  
March 18th 11:00 AM to 04:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Meet at Chevron at Greenbriar 565 exit before 10am, Spec Clutch, 2490 Performance Cir, Bessemer, AL
Contact: Gustavo Perez-205.447.6343 or gustavoa.perez2@yahoo.com

ITS OFFICIAL, MEET @ SPEC CLUTCH, Inc 2012 (4th Annual MEET)
===brought to you by SPEC CLUTCHES, CHASEBAYS, ASSAULTECH, IMPORTALABAMA.COM

NO CHARGE TO ATTEND. THIS IS A FREE MEET*(please read bottom)

... Spread the word last year we had over 200+ Imports in attendance. Lets shoot for a bigger number this year. Also this year their will be some changes, but you will have to come out and see for yourselves

pass this to all the forums! All States welcome, we have had people drive from GA, MS, TN.. All Imports Welcome Honda, Toyota,Mazda, Nissan, Subaru..ETC... and yes even some Domestics :P

Go to ImportAlabama.com for pictures of last years event or ask around in Alabama's Import Scene (Group page) Also like us on FB ImportAlabama

Event will be Sunday 18 March 2012 from 1100am till 500pm.. After the meet their will be a cruise to a dinner location.

----
*BUSINESS/SHOP/CREW/CLUB
The price to hold yourself a booth is only $50 dollars this will cover your spot in the SPEC Parking lot an additional $10 dollars per vehicle you wish to showcase- a maximun of 2 (space limited due to size of parking lot). The proceeds of all Booths will be for event preparations and advertising. None of the money goes too SPEC or Myself. If you do not wish to have a booth, their will be a $10 Fee to hold a spot guarnteed in the SPEC Parking lot. Along with the money contributed you will be placed as a sponsor of the meet for your companys advertising.

If you have any question or concerns please contact me @ 205.447.6343 or gustavoa.perez2@yahoo.com

thank you,

I hope to see you guys out there!

Gustavo Perez

ImportAlabama/ Alabama's Import Scene
4 members will be attending this event:

Old February 27th   #2
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
OMG! I want to go! Thanks for Sharing.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th   #3
ray
ray

I am very interested in this as long as I get a few things checked off on my car. I plan to attend but I will mark myself once I know for sure.

If we get a group should we organize a caravan down?
Old February 27th   #4
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
I am very interested in this as long as I get a few things checked off on my car. I plan to attend but I will mark myself once I know for sure.

If we get a group should we organize a caravan down?
I'm with you on this one Ray! Roll in deep from Huntsville! I need to talk to Shelly Norton anyways. Hopefully she will be there.
Old February 27th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

This is always fun. I'll be thur.
Old February 27th   #6
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

Ugh... I will in b-ham for drill, but I doubt we will be released before 4:30....
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th   #7
protek
protek
is now a GTI owner.

Send a message via AIM to protek Send a message via Skype™ to protek
Will be here if the wrx is done in time. We need to caravan down for sure.

Last edited by protek; February 27th at 12:33 PM.
protek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hey, it's on a Sunday. I'm up for a nice drive to bham. Where do we want to caravan from? We could meet at the Chevron at Greenbriar.
Old March 7th   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Hey, it's on a Sunday. I'm up for a nice drive to bham. Where do we want to caravan from? We could meet at the Chevron at Greenbriar.
I'm game. Say around 9:30 or 10?
Old March 7th   #10
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

I'm game. Got to get with the wife and make sure she is either off or has a way to get to work and back.
Old March 9th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I'm game. Say around 9:30 or 10?
Sounds good. So caravan from Chevron Greenbriar rolling out at 10am. I'll add it to the listing.

I just noticed that there's a local autocross on Sunday, so I'm out. I thought I was free.
Old March 13th   #12
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'm out, last minute beach trip, i need a vacation way more then I need to go to a show............I've spread the word to several people though. Hope you guys have fun.
Old March 13th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

How many people are rolling out to this from the Chevron?
Old March 13th   #14
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

we invaded last year

(mine was the sport red tint coat, aka maroon one with the SS hood liner... also known as "the fast one"... lol)
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; March 13th at 05:54 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nice! You plan on going this year? I'm out because of the autocross here, but I was thinking of waking up early and hitting the rollout if people will be there.
Old March 13th   #16
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama

probably not... there weren't any domestics there last year, well, except the Cobalts, which were I4s with forced induction, so they still kind of fit the bill...
Old March 13th   #17
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Yeah I was supose to be there with my SS . But things happen and it sucks. I'm really hoping I can make it to this this year. So far things are looking good but we'll see. Samir, Adam was known for the fastest Cobalt in the state of Alabama that we knew of. I remember all those talks in the ss forums lol. Still waiting to see if he tries that with the Camaro lol.
Old March 13th   #18
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama

.....I have a long way to go with the Camaro to be claiming "fastest in the state"...lol

and that Cobalt pulled on a then new 5.0 coming back from that meet on 459

and I had the passenger in my car, lol

as far as being the fastest in the state, i'll just say this... that Jake kid "called me out" before the meet about how bad he was beating Josh's turbo Cobalt(which was stock tune, etc.)... with a passenger in my car and none in his, I think I beat him by 8 car lengths, lol... the yellow car(Justin's car) was actually quicker than his, which was pretty funny... Justin's car ran good for a M60 car

the best story is the night we went to Steele, I then had the Camaro but most of them tagged alone... Josh turned his best time of the night in his car, which was his personal best... I jumped in his car, botched the launch terribly(hadn't drove one of them in months and was wearing boots, not planning on working a clutch that night) and ran two 1/10ths faster than him and trapped 111mph... he was trapping like 108, lol... he didn't let me get another run, lol

I had my car dialed in though launching it, I was turning 2.0s on the street tires regularly, which for a 360+ ft-lb fwd car and no DRs is pretty dang good... my best in the Camaro right now is a 1.9, but that should change next trip to the track, lol

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; March 13th at 09:31 PM.
Old March 13th   #19
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama

it wouldn't be the fastest now though, I know of one BNR turbo car that if the guy can drive at ALL should run faster than my car... but that was the problem with the fast Cobalts... I wasn't around to drive them all, lol

they tried to buy my car back after I totaled it(or that idiot totaled it I should say), and Joel(if you remember him) even located it, they wanted like $7k for the car or some ridiculous number... he tried to buy the seats out of it and they wanted $700 A PIECE, lol... you can buy them new for that straight through GM

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; March 13th at 09:36 PM.
Old March 13th   #20
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Wow that is crazy. Last I heard no one knew where the car was. And for 7k totaled that is bs. Someone thinks they have a gold mine there. What is really funny, I have been seeing a lot of Cobalt SS's running around town lately. 3 of them, 2 red and one black, I have smoked. The worse part is I wasn't going to run them but when they took off toping out 1st gear (true noobies) it was over with. As I pass them I yell out "2nd gear son!" lmfao. I still don't think they understood what I was trying to say hehehe. I just love it tho how people are buying these cars and know nothing about them at all. Sorry I did my research before buying. I was on Cobaltss.net a month before I got my first one. If they did that as well they would've known don't top out 1st gear like that, hit second fast and go lol.