Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 7th   #1
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I just wanted to share a refreshing experience at Lander's Chevy

I know a few of you have seen my recent issues with the top on my new vette. So last week I called Lynn Layton to see if the could get me in to take a look at the car and fix it. They told me to call GM and go through them........kinda odd I thought but I played along. After several calls with GM I basically got no where.

Monday I called John at Lander's and told him what was going on and he said to drop it by and they'd take a look at it and get it fixed. So I dropped the car off around lunch yesterday and they called me around 4 and said they had it fixed. I was shocked to say the least. Basically it was an issue with it not being properly adjusted from the last time the recall was performed. Long story short they did a great job with an amazing turn around.

I just wanted to give them a positive review since I've been pretty hard on them in past.

Samir: I don't really think this is considered advertising however if there is an issue with posting a review let me know.
Old March 7th   #2
NiTeZ
NiTeZ
7M-GE goes in today! :D

Send a message via Yahoo to NiTeZ
This is helpful info just like the post about the car lot Cody had an issue with. Good or bad either way I don't see this as advertising more like sharing your experiance with the rest of us.
NiTeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

On other forums I'm on there's a section for shop review's. I find them pretty helpful which is why I posted this.
Old March 7th   #4
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

yeah I thought we had one on here some where. I'm sure Samir will chime in soon on this .
Old March 7th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTeZ View Post
yeah I thought we had one on here some where. I'm sure Samir will chime in soon on this .
That's what I was thinking. I know he's still alive since I passed him a few times at the CBI swap meet.
Old March 7th   #6
NiTeZ
NiTeZ

Yeah and he posted the pics from the CBI meet lol. So he is around. I know he has been really busy lately with a lot of stuff. I've been trying to meet up with him to get my decals lol.
Old March 9th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I just wanted to give them a positive review since I've been pretty hard on them in past.

Samir: I don't really think this is considered advertising however if there is an issue with posting a review let me know.
Glad to hear they were able to resolve the issue so quickly.

Advertising would be if Landers posted your experience. You're just sharing your opinion.
Quote:
This is helpful info just like the post about the car lot Cody had an issue with. Good or bad either way I don't see this as advertising more like sharing your experiance with the rest of us.
Quote:
On other forums I'm on there's a section for shop review's. I find them pretty helpful which is why I posted this.
Quote:
Yep, it's great to have experiences. The only caveat to those experiences is when the whole truth is not there, which can lead to liability on the part of the poster and publisher (HCS). I don't think I'll ever add a shop review section as we all have a tendency to post when something goes wrong versus when it goes right, and that would just harm the shop rather than help. Every business will upset someone at one point. That doesn't make them a bad business, depending on the situation.
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. I know he's still alive since I passed him a few times at the CBI swap meet.
Quote:
Yeah and he posted the pics from the CBI meet lol. So he is around. I know he has been really busy lately with a lot of stuff. I've been trying to meet up with him to get my decals lol.
I'm alive! Just trying to catch up. The season is almost here and I want to get 2011 coverage for events posted before the 2012 events. That would just be bad...
Old March 9th   #8
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

I though I saw a different Vette in your work parking lot
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Freeman View Post
I though I saw a different Vette in your work parking lot
That would be me. This week was the first time I've actually driven it to the office.