Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

J.F. Drake 11th Annual Car Show
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

April 14th 09:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: J.F. Drake State Technical College, 3421 Merdian St., Huntsville, AL 35811

From the flyer:

Registration is $15 for vendors and vehicle entries and ends at noon. Trophies and prizes to be awarded at 2pm.

Rain date is April 21st.

Pre-registration is available here:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ev...show_flier.pdf

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

This year, the participants had some of the nicest paint jobs I've seen at a single show. These were three of the most deeply captivating perfect paint jobs I've seen:

Turnout was a bit lighter than usual because of the bigger shows in Cullman and Pigeon Forge that pulled people out of the local area. Less than a handful of participants had left before I got there, but I don't think they had registered.

The North Alabama British Motoring Society won best club participation again this year. Someone's going to need to challenge them at some point.

I gave some suggestions to the show organizer for improvements, so this event will only get better! See everyone next time!
8 members will be attending this event:

Old March 23rd   #2
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Hey, they have a silver 350Z on there. They must want Patrick and Michael to come!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th   #3
badgirl69nova
badgirl69nova
shining chrome for this weekends shows...

Wanna know what really sux... I go to school here and haven't heard about the show until seeing it on HCS just now. You would think they would advertise it more!!!
For Sale: 69 Nova ~ 350 good strong running motor, needs some love but in good condition. Recent appraisal... Near Complete... Asking $11,500 (Will consider REASONABLE offers) As seen at local shows and cruise ins. Pics can be texted but its a MUST SEE TO APPRECIATE car. 256-348-9303
badgirl69nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgirl69nova View Post
Wanna know what really sux... I go to school here and haven't heard about the show until seeing it on HCS just now. You would think they would advertise it more!!!
And this is exactly why I created HCS. If regular media won't cover it, HCS will. It's the local enthusiast's source.
Old April 14th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Good turnout, but they think Pigeon Forge being the same weekend definitely hurt the number of pariticipants.