Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Nopi Nationals 2012
Calendar: Events Calendar
gorkoracing  
September 22nd to September 23rd 12:30 AM to 12:00 AM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: 60 miles north of Atlanta
Contact: 800-277-6674 x204 • M-F 9-6 EST or email NOPIMAN@nopi.com

Posted over on lotustalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopiman View Post

NOPI NATIONALS is returning Sept 22-23, 2012. We hope this is welcome news and that you and/or your club will make plans to attend.

It’s at a new venue: Atlanta Dragway. It’s a world class Drag Racing facility that’s just as large as the former venue. It’s location is about 60 miles north of Atlanta. There is a link on the website that shows hotels, restaurants and shopping all within 1 mile of the track so it’s not in the middle of nowhere. All car show participants will also have the option to drag race their vehicles if that’s of interest to you.

100 Show Classes: This will be a "WINNERS ONLY" car show. The number of winners per class will be determined by the division and the number of entries in each class. Details are on the website. There will aslo be a "Best of Show" chosen for each of 3 divisions with a special award and $1000 each. All awards are custom crystal glass awards.

Car Clubs or Web Site Groups:
If your club will be attending, please forward me your club or group logo and link to your website so we can add it to the “club participation” page on NOPINATIONALS.com. Email info is on the Club Participation page of NOPINATIONALS.com

More details will be posted as they become finalized at NOPINATIONALS.com

What are the NOPI NATIONALS ?
NOPI NATIONALS GALLERY

Featuring Street Division European Supercar Class and Custom Division Supercar Class
What are the Car Show Classes?
CAR SHOW CLASSES

Show Info: 800-277-6674 x204 • M-F 9-6 EST or email NOPIMAN@nopi.com

It won’t be the same without you
I had some great times at this show in the past. I went 3-4 years straight. What do you think to see it back? It's not at the original location so that has me worried already. Interesting tho.
2 members will be attending this event:

Old April 3rd   #2
AirItOut
AirItOut
right meow!

hmmm... thats my birthday but its also the weekend before H2O International (a VAG specific show in Ocean City Maryland that I like to attend).
AirItOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #3
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
I havent mapquested the distance yet but 60 miles north of ATL sounds like possibly closer if driven through chatanooga so possibly only about a 2 hr drive which isnt that bad. I'll be giving it some thought about going.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #4
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
I'm interested in going. I went a few years in a row and had a blast.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #5
Wheel Fix It
Wheel Fix It
Is spinning wheels!
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Might have to hit this one up Brit has been on me about doin a NOPI show, so now that its back I might not have a choice! lol
Huntsville, Al 35816
256-830-9992
Monday-Friday
8am-5pm
Wheel Fix It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd   #6
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
I've not seen many but this was the best drift exhibition I've ever seen in person. It wasn't on the schedule but the ex-gf and I happened to be at the right place at the right time and someone from their drift team asked us to wait for 5 min where we were. They blocked the entrance to this lower area and let these guys do their thing for everyone. They were drifting about 4-5 feet away from us and inches from the concrete barrier in between us and them. Seeing this was one of the highlights of my car days and I finally got it transfered to a digital copy to upload. Here's my vid (about 15 min)

Edit: Pretty sure this was in 2004

Last edited by gorkoracing; April 3rd at 08:32 PM.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th   #7
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

This would be exciting!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st   #8
nopiman
nopiman
has no status.

NOPI NATIONALS Supershow - Atlanta - Sept 22-23, 2012 - Atlanta Dragway

NOPI NATIONALS is returning Sept 22-23, 2012. We hope this is welcome news and that you and/or your club or group will make plans to attend.

It’s at a new venue: Atlanta Dragway. It’s a world class Drag Racing facility located is about 60 miles northeast of Atlanta. There is a link on the website that shows hotels, restaurants and shopping all within 1 mile of the track so it’s not in the middle of nowhere.

CAR SHOW:
100 Show Classes: This will be a "WINNERS ONLY" car show. The number of winners per class will be determined by the division and the number of entries in each class. Details are on the website. There will also be a "Best of Show" chosen for each of 3 divisions with a special award and $1000 each. All winners awards are custom crystal glass awards. $35 to enter the show - includes Car & Driver for both days.

CAR CLUBS:
$1000 ($500each) will be awarded to the club with the “most entries” and the club with the “best quality” (best scores of your top 5 cars)

DRAG RACING:
Quick 32 - $3000 Payout as of 5/22. Anything can run so bring it out. Dial-in times on Saturday - Quickest 32 move to bracket eliminations on Sunday. $35 to enter this class - includes Car & Driver for both days

Supercar Challenge: - Open to all model “Supercars”. Run your Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Lotus, V-Series, Viper, XKR, R8, GT-R, NSX, LF-A, GT500, Z06, ZR1, AMG Benz, M5, M6 etc. down the quarter mile against other top performance models of all the car makes. We have a factory stock and a modified class. Dial-in times on Saturday and maybe one on Sunday/ The quickest 8 of each class will run heads up on Sunday. This is a new race for NOPI and classes may evolve as interest and participation is gauged. The latest details will be up on NOPINATIONALS.com

Open Test and Tune - All car show participants will also have the option to drag race their vehicles in Open Test and Tune for FREE

SOUND COMPETITION:
There will also be a USACi 3X Points / World Record sound competition

SWIMSUIT CONTEST:
Love it or hate it, the world famous NOPI NATIONALS Swimsuit contest is well known as one of the best in the country.

If your club will be attending, please forward me your club or group logo and link to your website so we can add it to the “club participation” page on NOPINATIONALS.com. Email to: nopiman@nopi.com

More details will be posted as they become finalized at:
NOPINATIONALS.com

What are the:NOPI NATIONALS ?
NOPI NATIONALS GALLERY

CAR SHOW CLASSES

What are the Car Show Details?
CAR SHOW DETAILS

What are the Latest Drag Race Details?
DRAG RACE DETAILS

nopiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopiman View Post

NOPI NATIONALS is returning Sept 22-23, 2012. We hope this is welcome news and that you and/or your club or group will make plans to attend.

It’s at a new venue: Atlanta Dragway. It’s a world class Drag Racing facility located is about 60 miles northeast of Atlanta. There is a link on the website that shows hotels, restaurants and shopping all within 1 mile of the track so it’s not in the middle of nowhere.

CAR SHOW:
100 Show Classes: This will be a "WINNERS ONLY" car show. The number of winners per class will be determined by the division and the number of entries in each class. Details are on the website. There will also be a "Best of Show" chosen for each of 3 divisions with a special award and $1000 each. All winners awards are custom crystal glass awards. $35 to enter the show - includes Car & Driver for both days.

CAR CLUBS:
$1000 ($500each) will be awarded to the club with the “most entries” and the club with the “best quality” (best scores of your top 5 cars)

DRAG RACING:
Quick 32 - $3000 Payout as of 5/22. Anything can run so bring it out. Dial-in times on Saturday - Quickest 32 move to bracket eliminations on Sunday. $35 to enter this class - includes Car & Driver for both days

Supercar Challenge: - Open to all model “Supercars”. Run your Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Lotus, V-Series, Viper, XKR, R8, GT-R, NSX, LF-A, GT500, Z06, ZR1, AMG Benz, M5, M6 etc. down the quarter mile against other top performance models of all the car makes. We have a factory stock and a modified class. Dial-in times on Saturday and maybe one on Sunday/ The quickest 8 of each class will run heads up on Sunday. This is a new race for NOPI and classes may evolve as interest and participation is gauged. The latest details will be up on NOPINATIONALS.com

Open Test and Tune - All car show participants will also have the option to drag race their vehicles in Open Test and Tune for FREE

SOUND COMPETITION:
There will also be a USACi 3X Points / World Record sound competition

SWIMSUIT CONTEST:
Love it or hate it, the world famous NOPI NATIONALS Swimsuit contest is well known as one of the best in the country.

If your club will be attending, please forward me your club or group logo and link to your website so we can add it to the “club participation” page on NOPINATIONALS.com. Email to: nopiman@nopi.com

More details will be posted as they become finalized at:
NOPINATIONALS.com

What are the:NOPI NATIONALS ?
NOPI NATIONALS GALLERY

CAR SHOW CLASSES

What are the Car Show Details?
CAR SHOW DETAILS

What are the Latest Drag Race Details?
DRAG RACE DETAILS

Thank you for the details nopiman!
Old June 5th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

If you're going, be sure to say you're with Huntsville Car Scene.com! We're on the show page:
http://nopinationals.com/index.php?vn=CC03
Old June 5th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Hmmm...I just saw this too for their sponsorship program. Would you guys use it if I signed us up?
http://www.nopi.com/k_dsp_twp.php?vn=SPONSOR2
Old June 6th   #12
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I might have to try this super car challenge, mainly because i really doubt that many will come.
Old June 6th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Nopi has good reach. I'm sure they'll have at least 20.
Old June 6th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Plus now that i think about it this will be in forged and top speed's back yard. Yeah, i'm going to get destroyed. O well.
Old June 7th   #15
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

I'm in for the swimsuit contest
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #16
ray
ray

This is awesome! I might be in the Atlanta area this whole weekend. There is a standing 1/2 mile run up in Clayton, GA at an airstrip (I'll post an event listing as soon as I can) and then I can make it down for NOPI on Sunday!

I'm excited just thinking about this weekend even though it is a ways out.
Old June 7th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
I'm in for the swimsuit contest
I don't think you'll win. I keed! I keed!
Old June 7th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
This is awesome! I might be in the Atlanta area this whole weekend. There is a standing 1/2 mile run up in Clayton, GA at an airstrip (I'll post an event listing as soon as I can) and then I can make it down for NOPI on Sunday!

I'm excited just thinking about this weekend even though it is a ways out.
That would be cool to have a standing 1/2 mile closeby--definitely let us know the details when you have them.

If the Corvette was running, I would've wanted to see what it could do. It was still pulling hard at 168.
Old June 7th   #19
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I don't think you'll win. I keed! I keed!
Have you seen my figure? Its flawless
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th   #20
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene