Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

The First Wednesday Meet/Cruise-in
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

May 1st to December 31st 06:00 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Village of Providence, 7 Town Center Dr, Huntsville, AL 35806
Contact: Call/text Samir 615-512-5520 www.huntsvillecarscene.com

This is a meet. This is a cruise-in. This is just a good time hanging out and talking with your friends and fellow enthusiasts while perusing the cars that have come out. If you remember the old Dairy Queen Meet/Cruise-in in Madison from years past, this event is a reboot of that. It is a family-friendly environment with plenty to eat so bring your kids.

This event is for every enthusiast in the area, young or old, for any enthusiast vehicle new or old, fast or slow, on road or off, 2-wheeled or 4. There is no registration fee, no door prizes or anything like that. Just a good time with fellow enthusiasts.

From Huntsville Car Scene.com: http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...#ixzz3VbDS5tEK

UPDATED:

This event is in the spirit of the old Dairy Queen Cruise-In in Madison. If you loved that event, you'll love this one—same atmosphere, same vibe, same fun, and even more food choices.

Please enter from the front on the ramp over the sidewalk in front of The Brickhouse AFTER 5 PM (please allow the staff time to set up for the event). We will have some signs posted and cones placed to help aid with parking. Once the front lawn is full we will start parking on the rear lot. If that area fills up please find a parking spot around the grass.

The goal of this meet is to provide a fun family friendly environment. ALL CARS ARE WELCOME and parking will be FIRST COME FIRST SERVE however we do reserve the right to save a few spots for select cars.

Thanks again for everyones continued support and thanks a ton to everyone that helps make this event a success.

Like the old DQ event, this event is rain or shine and year round. See you there!

This event is held in conjunction with the Village of Providence, who graciously permits enthusiast vehicles to park on their grassy park at the center of Providence, surface permitting. When the ground may not be able to support the weight of vehicles, the parking spots adjacent to the park will be used. Parking notifications will be posted here on Huntsville Car Scene.com. This event is rain or shine and year round, just like DQ used to be.

The entrance for the grass field is behind the grass field. There is a small gravel road leading from the pavement. Follow the signs with arrows at the stop sign at Brickhouse. And if you're unsure, feel free to ask someone or contact me directly at 615-512-5520. I may not be able to answer calls immediately the day of the event due to volume, so feel free to call me in advance and I'll explain exactly where to go.

And just like DQ, there are discounts on food at the following restaurants:
  • Mellow Mushroom - 15%
  • Moe's Original BBQ - free banana pudding
  • Sweet Cici's - 20%
  • Tony's Little Italy - 10%
And if you want a meal for free, just stop by at Huntsville Car Scene supporter Liberty Mutual Insurance in Providence for a free quote on your auto and home insurance, and they'll send you a gift card for dinner at your restaurant of choice in Providence. Just have your proof of insurance and ID.

Come out and enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of Providence in your favorite ride. See you all there!

Here's a great detailed 3D map of the parking areas by gorkoracing:

Old April 23rd   #41
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba Mustang View Post
I can volunteer if needed.
Awesome! What time can you meet the day before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
I would but I got class on Wed night.
Completely understandable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I'm good to meet the day before. Also I think I have a few other people that will be willing to help. Thanks everyone for helping to spread the word!!!
Cool, let me know what time would work for everyone.

Also, how is the word spred to all the local clubs? Limestone County Mustang, Rocket City Mustang, Rocket City Camaros, Vets with Vettes, Valley Vettes, Corvettes of Huntsville, Alabama/Tennessee Viper Club, North Alabama Cobra Club, H2OTuning, Huntsville group on s2ki.com, etc. Any feedback yet?

I know the Huntsville Flat Four Subaru group has it on their calendar, and I think the local Mitsubishi and Nissan camps are aware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
I can assist some if needed as well
Sweet. What time can you meet the day before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjohns View Post
I went by and scoped out the spot. It looks like the NORTH entrance of the gravel lot is ALOT smoother. The southern entrance has some washed areas, but its possible if you stay to the left of them.
It is a lot smoother, but the dip on the other entrance is only bad if you enter head-on. You'll want to enter at an angle anyways since you're heading towards the grass field. I've also brought this up as one of the point to Providence, so hopefully it will be addressed by that date.

I'll see if I can't make a followup call this week to see where we are on the four items that needed to be addressed by Providence.

Keep spreading the word! I'd love for our problem to be too many cars.
Old April 23rd   #42
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

I am free all day tuesday
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th   #43
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

The only groups I've really been able to hit is one guy from H2O is suppose to spread the word and I've also talked to Nissan group as well. Other then that I've been more focused on the non affiliated group. I figured most clubs would see it posted on here.

As for time on Tuesday it'd be best for me after 5:30 or around lunch 11-1.
Old April 24th   #44
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Sweet. What time can you meet the day before?
I should be off work by 4 so anytime after that I'm currently available for
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th   #45
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
The only groups I've really been able to hit is one guy from H2O is suppose to spread the word and I've also talked to Nissan group as well. Other then that I've been more focused on the non affiliated group. I figured most clubs would see it posted on here.

As for time on Tuesday it'd be best for me after 5:30 or around lunch 11-1.
The thing that made DQ great was the regular showing by all the local groups. I think if that's missing, we're missing a major part of the event. The unaffiliateds are great to have, but I don't think they will consistently show, and that what we will need to have a regular event here.

Quote:
I am free all day tuesday
Quote:
I should be off work by 4 so anytime after that I'm currently available for
How's meeting at 6pm on Tuesday work? Weather may be a factor too, so someone needs to check almanac.com for the weather history.

I called my contact in Providence and he's been swamped so I'm re-emailling him the list, and I'll add the small flags for the downed trees, low spots, etc that we observed on the field itself.
Old April 25th   #46
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

That sounds good to me

2 out of the last 5 years it has rained on May 2nd. In 2010 .5 inches and in 2009 with 3.21

Forcast on weather.gov says 20% chance, mostly sunny, and a high of 82.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 25th at 04:27 PM.
Old April 25th   #47
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
That sounds good to me

2 out of the last 5 years it has rained on May 2nd. In 2010 .5 inches and in 2009 with 3.21

Forcast on weather.gov says 20% chance, mostly sunny, and a high of 82.
awesome! I didn't think I remembered rain in the history. But remember, its not just rain, but wet ground that makes a difference.

Hey, any luck getting in touch with the mustang clubs?
Old April 25th   #48
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Just spoke with Mojo, and he let me drop off a stack of flyers at the wzyp table at the patio party. I'm emailling him the event info so he can talk about it on the air.

Also a bonus- the beautiful Jeanie now works at brickhouse . This has the potential to be epic...
Old April 25th   #49
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

I posted it up on their facebook pages and I will bump it back up.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 25th at 05:27 PM.
Old April 25th   #50
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Has anyone responded to it?
Old April 25th   #51
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Not really, wasn't really surprised with RCMC since they pretty much don't do anything anymore. LCMC I didn't really hear anything from, but I guess we will just have to wait until wednesday and see who shows up.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 25th at 09:47 PM.
Old April 25th   #52
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Who's the leadership in RCMC now? Have you tried contacting them directly? For LCMC, Get in touch with Joe as I'm sure he doesn't want his club to miss this.

Anyone else worked on the clubs? They made up a big part of DQ and are a big part of making this event a success.
Old April 25th   #53
sok07
sok07
has no status.

I will drop by in the spyder in may!
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th   #54
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Yeah I can contact them.

The president of RCMC is Jennifer Burch, and Lisa is the vice president.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 25th at 10:12 PM.
Old April 25th   #55
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sok07 View Post
I will drop by in the spyder in may!
Sweet! We'll love to have you.
Old April 26th   #56
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
6pm on tuesday works for me. I went through there at 5:30 last night and the street was full and the patio was packed. about 15-20 of the spots in the parking area along the side of the field and hotel were filled.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th   #57
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Ok got in contact with Joe and Jennifer. They are going to send out info and the flyers to all members of the Clubs.
Old April 26th   #58
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
6pm on tuesday works for me. I went through there at 5:30 last night and the street was full and the patio was packed. about 15-20 of the spots in the parking area along the side of the field and hotel were filled.
hmmmmmm.........
Old April 26th   #59
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

6pm it is.

Yep, that's what I saw too. I talked with Mojo and they actually need more room on the patio for the patio party. After we hit it with 200 cars, their patio party will be unlike anything ever seen in Huntsville.

I looked at the rear lot and there's probably 20 spots or so that can be squeezed out of that lot as well. It's pretty smooth even though there are some rocks and bricks.
Old April 26th   #60
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

So where exactly are we meeting at 6? Around the field?