Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 10th   #1
COPO
COPO
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Applications being taking

Local Fab shop in the Athens area is taking applications for employment. Duties include sweeping and cleaning of the shop. Assembly of rolling chassis with complete drive train(99% new). Operating basic hand tools to CNC machine. Applications will be given, received by appointment only beginning April 16th. You can reply to this thread and pm me. Below are pics of the work environment. If you can hustle, learn and enjoy working on cars let me know.

Andy






COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Wow, this looks like the dream job for many. How much experience and attention to detail is needed for this position?
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th   #3
GsxJawsh
GsxJawsh
Is ready for this summer!
 
GsxJawsh's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 230
GRRRRRRR why are all the cool jobs available when i cant have them but when i get to a point where i can they are taken :'(
__________________
That awkward moment when the truck beside you at the stoplight is faster than your sports car
GsxJawsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #4
Mediarocker
Mediarocker
hasn't been on in a while...
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 199
Wow this sounds like an amazing opportunity! I'll PM you my contact information.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #5
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 303
This is something I would love to do, but I feel like I'm way too inexperienced. I could sweep all day though.
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #6
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 869
Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
If you feel like you're too inexperienced for a position (not just this one) I'd urge anyone to go ahead and apply. The worst they'll do is put the resume in the trash. However, you could get a shot and every job i've worked at there was someone to teach you the ins and outs. My current job for instance I had the experience of a BASIC user of the software. I let everyone interviewing me know this but because of my other experience and personality I was offered the position and I've progressed to be pretty knowledgeable at what I do. If there's ever a job out there that you want but you may not have all the qualifications that they're looking for go for it anyway as you never know how bad the company is needing help.
__________________
06 Lotus Exige
95 240sx SE
[SOLD] 97 Eclipse RS-T
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor
 
Beckham's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,517
Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
If you feel like you're too inexperienced for a position (not just this one) I'd urge anyone to go ahead and apply. The worst they'll do is put the resume in the trash. However, you could get a shot and every job i've worked at there was someone to teach you the ins and outs. My current job for instance I had the experience of a BASIC user of the software. I let everyone interviewing me know this but because of my other experience and personality I was offered the position and I've progressed to be pretty knowledgeable at what I do. If there's ever a job out there that you want but you may not have all the qualifications that they're looking for go for it anyway as you never know how bad the company is needing help.
Agreed.
__________________
www.TheSpeakerbox.net - 256.852.0300

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #8
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 303
Well you talked me into it, I went ahead and sent him my information. We'll see!
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #9
COPO
COPO
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by duh09 View Post
Well you talked me into it, I went ahead and sent him my information. We'll see!
It's always worth a try.
COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #10
COPO
COPO
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Wow, this looks like the dream job for many. How much experience and attention to detail is needed for this position?

Hard question to answer as every one has different skill sets. More of the ability to learn and listen...that will get you further than experience.
COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #11
ray
ray
...
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 936
Is this position one that you are looking for a full-time or part-time? And are you looking for someone during the week or would weekends be an option?

I have a feeling I know the answers to these questions but I am just wondering if it would fit in with my current job, I might be interested.
__________________
-Ray
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
If you feel like you're too inexperienced for a position (not just this one) I'd urge anyone to go ahead and apply. The worst they'll do is put the resume in the trash. However, you could get a shot and every job i've worked at there was someone to teach you the ins and outs. My current job for instance I had the experience of a BASIC user of the software. I let everyone interviewing me know this but because of my other experience and personality I was offered the position and I've progressed to be pretty knowledgeable at what I do. If there's ever a job out there that you want but you may not have all the qualifications that they're looking for go for it anyway as you never know how bad the company is needing help.
Thank you for the encouraging words. It's good to hear from someone who's made it, and it makes you want to reach for things you don't think you could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
More of the ability to learn and listen...that will get you further than experience.
Very good to know! If I didn't have a full job and half working on Huntsville Car Scene, I'd be very, very tempted.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #13
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum
Guest
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 407
Man I bet this would be awesome to do, but I have limited schedule due to school.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 11th at 01:37 PM.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #14
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 869
Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the encouraging words. It's good to hear from someone who's made it, and it makes you want to reach for things you don't think you could.
Hmmm perhaps I should quit my job and become a motivational speaker!

Sersiously guys. It's hard to find people who have a certain set of skills so as long as someone has some skills and the desire and motivation to learn and build on those skills they have a shot IMO. I'm always happy to learn something new in my industry. As for whoever mentioned the hours, his original ad mentioned nothing about it so while you may assume he's talking about a full time 40hr/week job he may be open to hiring a couple part time employees. Similar to the experience/qualifications thing, if an employer is in a bind for some help then they'll be flexible with a potential employee's schedule. When in doubt...Apply anyway
__________________
06 Lotus Exige
95 240sx SE
[SOLD] 97 Eclipse RS-T
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #15
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,080
if i were 30 years younger ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #16
Mediarocker
Mediarocker
hasn't been on in a while...
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 199
My account says PM's are disabled, so I hope you received my PM
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #17
COPO
COPO
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
My account says PM's are disabled, so I hope you received my PM
Yes I received a email.
COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #18
jcymez
jcymez
speak up or lose your turn
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12
I just sent my resume in and thank you for the opportunity.
jcymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #19
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 702
Maybe I should send a resume'. Auto industry for 15 years, some ASE's under my belt, domestic and import training, and a general love of cars...
__________________
due to current financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice...
Wilson! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #20
COPO
COPO
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Hmmm perhaps I should quit my job and become a motivational speaker!

Sersiously guys. It's hard to find people who have a certain set of skills so as long as someone has some skills and the desire and motivation to learn and build on those skills they have a shot IMO. I'm always happy to learn something new in my industry. As for whoever mentioned the hours, his original ad mentioned nothing about it so while you may assume he's talking about a full time 40hr/week job he may be open to hiring a couple part time employees. Similar to the experience/qualifications thing, if an employer is in a bind for some help then they'll be flexible with a potential employee's schedule. When in doubt...Apply anyway

Finally got home and read both your post...every one should read both them at least a couple times. Desire and motivation are the two best words you can say. We have had several that liked their jobs ....but lacked those two abilities to make them better, faster and a asset to the company. Its a job to those ppl...a 40hr job. It's not a job to me....it's a way of life.

The applications will not be tossed, never burn a bridge you may need to cross one day.


Yes it's a full time of 40hrs, but not looking for a clock watcher that's going to worry about working over 3mins. Rather one that puts their head down so they can learn how to do something else. 90% of what is pictured in chassis above is made in house, there is a lot to learn then you have to perfect your skills to stay on top.
COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EPA gives E15 go-ahead despite objections, approves production applications dragginbody87 General Discussions 16 April 5th 04:52 PM
Come by Sound Depot today and check out EB Liquid, taking orders on site. EBLiquidprint EB Liquid Print: 256-797-2414 0 February 10th 09:30 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service