Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old April 10th   #1
COPO
COPO
has no status.

Applications being taking

Local Fab shop in the Athens area is taking applications for employment. Duties include sweeping and cleaning of the shop. Assembly of rolling chassis with complete drive train(99% new). Operating basic hand tools to CNC machine. Applications will be given, received by appointment only beginning April 16th. You can reply to this thread and pm me. Below are pics of the work environment. If you can hustle, learn and enjoy working on cars let me know.

Andy

COPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow, this looks like the dream job for many. How much experience and attention to detail is needed for this position?
Old April 10th   #3
GsxJawsh
GsxJawsh
Is ready for this summer!

GRRRRRRR why are all the cool jobs available when i cant have them but when i get to a point where i can they are taken :'(
Old April 11th   #4
Mediarocker
Mediarocker
hasn't been on in a while...

Wow this sounds like an amazing opportunity! I'll PM you my contact information.
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #5
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

This is something I would love to do, but I feel like I'm way too inexperienced. I could sweep all day though.
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #6
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
If you feel like you're too inexperienced for a position (not just this one) I'd urge anyone to go ahead and apply. The worst they'll do is put the resume in the trash. However, you could get a shot and every job i've worked at there was someone to teach you the ins and outs. My current job for instance I had the experience of a BASIC user of the software. I let everyone interviewing me know this but because of my other experience and personality I was offered the position and I've progressed to be pretty knowledgeable at what I do. If there's ever a job out there that you want but you may not have all the qualifications that they're looking for go for it anyway as you never know how bad the company is needing help.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #7
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
If you feel like you're too inexperienced for a position (not just this one) I'd urge anyone to go ahead and apply. The worst they'll do is put the resume in the trash. However, you could get a shot and every job i've worked at there was someone to teach you the ins and outs. My current job for instance I had the experience of a BASIC user of the software. I let everyone interviewing me know this but because of my other experience and personality I was offered the position and I've progressed to be pretty knowledgeable at what I do. If there's ever a job out there that you want but you may not have all the qualifications that they're looking for go for it anyway as you never know how bad the company is needing help.
Agreed.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #8
duh09
duh09
needs parts for all of my cars!

Well you talked me into it, I went ahead and sent him my information. We'll see!
duh09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #9
COPO
COPO
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duh09 View Post
Well you talked me into it, I went ahead and sent him my information. We'll see!
It's always worth a try.
Old April 11th   #10
COPO
COPO
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Wow, this looks like the dream job for many. How much experience and attention to detail is needed for this position?

Hard question to answer as every one has different skill sets. More of the ability to learn and listen...that will get you further than experience.
Old April 11th   #11
ray
ray

Is this position one that you are looking for a full-time or part-time? And are you looking for someone during the week or would weekends be an option?

I have a feeling I know the answers to these questions but I am just wondering if it would fit in with my current job, I might be interested.
Old April 11th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you for the encouraging words. It's good to hear from someone who's made it, and it makes you want to reach for things you don't think you could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by COPO View Post
More of the ability to learn and listen...that will get you further than experience.
Very good to know! If I didn't have a full job and half working on Huntsville Car Scene, I'd be very, very tempted.
Old April 11th   #13
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Man I bet this would be awesome to do, but I have limited schedule due to school.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 11th at 01:37 PM.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #14
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the encouraging words. It's good to hear from someone who's made it, and it makes you want to reach for things you don't think you could.
Hmmm perhaps I should quit my job and become a motivational speaker!

Sersiously guys. It's hard to find people who have a certain set of skills so as long as someone has some skills and the desire and motivation to learn and build on those skills they have a shot IMO. I'm always happy to learn something new in my industry. As for whoever mentioned the hours, his original ad mentioned nothing about it so while you may assume he's talking about a full time 40hr/week job he may be open to hiring a couple part time employees. Similar to the experience/qualifications thing, if an employer is in a bind for some help then they'll be flexible with a potential employee's schedule. When in doubt...Apply anyway
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #15
HOSS429
HOSS429
not getting old .getting better

if i were 30 years younger ..
HOSS429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #16
Mediarocker
Mediarocker
hasn't been on in a while...

My account says PM's are disabled, so I hope you received my PM
Mediarocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #17
COPO
COPO
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediarocker View Post
My account says PM's are disabled, so I hope you received my PM
Yes I received a email.
Old April 11th   #18
jcymez
jcymez
speak up or lose your turn

I just sent my resume in and thank you for the opportunity.
jcymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th   #19
Wilson!
Wilson!
is wishing he was in a kayak on the river...

Maybe I should send a resume'. Auto industry for 15 years, some ASE's under my belt, domestic and import training, and a general love of cars...
Old April 11th   #20
COPO
COPO
has no status.

Quote:
Hmmm perhaps I should quit my job and become a motivational speaker!

Sersiously guys. It's hard to find people who have a certain set of skills so as long as someone has some skills and the desire and motivation to learn and build on those skills they have a shot IMO. I'm always happy to learn something new in my industry. As for whoever mentioned the hours, his original ad mentioned nothing about it so while you may assume he's talking about a full time 40hr/week job he may be open to hiring a couple part time employees. Similar to the experience/qualifications thing, if an employer is in a bind for some help then they'll be flexible with a potential employee's schedule. When in doubt...Apply anyway

Finally got home and read both your post...every one should read both them at least a couple times. Desire and motivation are the two best words you can say. We have had several that liked their jobs ....but lacked those two abilities to make them better, faster and a asset to the company. Its a job to those ppl...a 40hr job. It's not a job to me....it's a way of life.

The applications will not be tossed, never burn a bridge you may need to cross one day.

Yes it's a full time of 40hrs, but not looking for a clock watcher that's going to worry about working over 3mins. Rather one that puts their head down so they can learn how to do something else. 90% of what is pictured in chassis above is made in house, there is a lot to learn then you have to perfect your skills to stay on top.