Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old March 16th   #181
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Very cool! I'm surprised the Merc didn't get some attention as well considering it is a Euro classic.
Old March 16th   #182
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactography View Post
I wish I had seen this but we got there around 5. For future reference, yes, the best route was over the bridge and the third light. Take a right (Lee Street) and then continue down it. We took a right on Canal Street and kinda ended up on the wrong side to enter from but I think if you just stay on Lee it would have run into the cruise-in area.
I think we also turned on Canal St. One thing that was confusing/annoying was that if you're a late comer, then you're not getting in thanks to the barrels. We ended up parking at the end, past the Mustangs. If I'm off work in time, we'll have to ride down with yall next time.
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #183
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
I think we also turned on Canal St. One thing that was confusing/annoying was that if you're a late comer, then you're not getting in thanks to the barrels. We ended up parking at the end, past the Mustangs. If I'm off work in time, we'll have to ride down with yall next time.
Yep, I agree with that!!!@
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #184
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Interesting. So from I gather (and ba correct me if I'm wrong), this event is modeled after the monthly cruise-in in Gadsden. And there, the enthusiasts just move the barrels themselves and put them back. If there were still spots available inside, then that's what I believe you have to do.
Old March 16th   #185
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyplankhead View Post
Yep, I agree with that!!!@
So, about that Saturn bro..
Old March 16th   #186
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
yep just get out and move barrels. if i'm there i'll move them for you. the barrels are there to TRY,AND I SAID TRY to keep out.well how do i put this,uh non-cruise in type vehicles. who want to park close to restraunts. most of the locals look at barrels as just a suggestion tho. go right past them!!! but in the future feel free to get out move barrel . next time i hope to have up some pennat streamers. anybody know where i can score some??

and thanks to all who came out.about 80 cars not bad for first of the year. next month we have 2 bands playing,one on upper bank street the other on banks street green(down the hill) this band will be the u.s.army band. now don't think the just a stogie old bunch playing classical music.we had this group last year and they rocked the house.young group who really know their music.also there will be a guy set up selling burgers hot dogs and mixed drinks.look for the signs more later.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #187
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Man! I am so sorry I missed it!!!!!! I had to come down to Montgomery to help take care of my mother who is in the hospital. I know it was great! How many cars were there?
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #188
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Oops... just saw the last post that there were about 80 cars. GREAT!
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #189
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
yep just get out and move barrels. if i'm there i'll move them for you. the barrels are there to TRY,AND I SAID TRY to keep out.well how do i put this,uh non-cruise in type vehicles. who want to park close to restraunts. most of the locals look at barrels as just a suggestion tho. go right past them!!! but in the future feel free to get out move barrel . next time i hope to have up some pennat streamers. anybody know where i can score some??

and thanks to all who came out.about 80 cars not bad for first of the year. next month we have 2 bands playing,one on upper bank street the other on banks street green(down the hill) this band will be the u.s.army band. now don't think the just a stogie old bunch playing classical music.we had this group last year and they rocked the house.young group who really know their music.also there will be a guy set up selling burgers hot dogs and mixed drinks.look for the signs more later.
Thank you for the clarification.

At one point, I think you posted about needing a food vendor. I met Moe's Southwest Grill's event coordinator Adrian Mosley today, and she's highly interested in being a food vendor there. You can reach her at 256-880-0113, and I've got a cell and email too if you need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPontiac63 View Post
Man! I am so sorry I missed it!!!!!! I had to come down to Montgomery to help take care of my mother who is in the hospital. I know it was great! How many cars were there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPontiac63 View Post
Oops... just saw the last post that there were about 80 cars. GREAT!
Old March 16th   #190
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

Quote:
Sorry we didn't see you there. I finally got to meet with Samir today and got my Huntsville car scene stickers that I'll be putting on the car in the morning so it'll help identify us Fiat guys in the scene.

And past where we were I didn't realize there were more cars down that direction honestly until everyone starting dispersing. I hope as time goes on people will become more accustomed to that area. Like I said, I think we came in the wrong direction.. thankfully we had someone directing us and it worked out, but hopefully we didn't tick anyone off in the meantime. (We were about 30 minutes late)
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #191
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Quote:
So, about that Saturn bro..
What about it?
Old March 17th   #192
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

It's very colorful lol.
Old March 17th   #193
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Kids love it that's what matters to me not really my style though.
Old March 18th   #194
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the clarification.

At one point, I think you posted about needing a food vendor. I met Moe's Southwest Grill's event coordinator Adrian Mosley today, and she's highly interested in being a food vendor there. You can reach her at 256-880-0113, and I've got a cell and email too if you need them.
thanks for the info.if i can't reach her at this number i'll get the cell number. thanks again
Old March 18th   #195
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
thanks for the info.if i can't reach her at this number i'll get the cell number. thanks again
No problem.

I also just saw this email:

"I am with the Morgan County Humane Society and we are looking for events where we can bring our food truck to help us raise money for our shelter. Are you still doing a cruise-in at 3rd Fridays in Decatur? I notice that you were looking for food vendors for that at some point. I'm not really too informed about the car show scene, but a friend said we might do well there. Please let me know if you might consider allowing us at any of your events.

Thanks.

Kimberly

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morgan-Co-Alabama-Humane-Society/115375015277529"

She also sent phone and email contact info that I can email to you.
Old March 19th   #196
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

send me the phone contact,well send both. thanks that 2 good leads thanks samir
Old March 19th   #197
icuh8nme
icuh8nme
just trying to have a little fun and bring the car community together on Friday Nights! !

here is the facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=cc5ccc0e63

and i've been editing some shots and posting them here: https://www.facebook.com/RookieRoadsPhotography

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Link to pics?
icuh8nme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th   #198
icuh8nme
icuh8nme
just trying to have a little fun and bring the car community together on Friday Nights! !

i'm going to have to start dumping my photos on my flickr account that why more people can see and share them

Last edited by icuh8nme; March 19th at 04:58 PM.
Old March 19th   #199
icuh8nme
icuh8nme

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecivi...7633036183031/

i'll start uploading the good shots to my flickr account! check it out!

Last edited by icuh8nme; March 19th at 05:06 PM.
Old March 19th   #200
icuh8nme
icuh8nme

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjEpcG9x my flickr link to 3rd friday in decatur!