Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old April 16th   #221
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

I'm trying to get together some of the FIAT club members for Friday. We'll see what everyone's plans are like. I may still try to make it by either way. We really enjoyed the atmosphere last time!

Stephen - 2013 FIAT 500 Abarth
Current: 30% Tint, Eibach Sportlines, Eurocompulsion R3T/V2 CAI, Interior LED Lighting, Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar, RoadRace Motorsports ECU

Check me out on Instagram

Alabama FIAT Club on Facebook

mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th   #222
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Hey everyone, it may be a little cool by Fri. night, but the rain is supposed to be finished by cruise-in time. Everybody put on an extra layer, or a coat & COME ON OUT! I am looking forward to it! My wife is planning to send her time inside the shops, anyway! :-)
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th   #223
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

ok barrels will be up with flags on them.if you come to one of these and want to go thru, please move barrel and go on thru,move it back please. most car folks know why the barrels are up.just don't want a lot of traffic in non enthusiast(?) type cars. park where you like. again 2 bands,one on top of the hill and one at the lower end. the one on lower end is u.s. army band, and i promise they rock. i like good ole rock and roll,and thats what they play. ya'll come.if you see me,(big guy look like santa) stop and give say hi and give suggestions. see ya friday.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #224
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

ya'll come...........bring a jacket...................say hi
Old April 18th   #225
Thames59
Thames59
has no status.

I am wanting to try to attend (never been to third Friday). Don't get off in time to get there at 4:30. Would probably be more like 5 to 5:30. I live in Albertville.
Should there still be room for my car that late? I know 1st Friday in Gadsden usually fills up early on Broad Street. I know nobody can say how big the crowd will be, just don't know how big the parking area is. Looking for an educated guess? Thanks.

Last edited by Thames59; April 18th at 03:42 PM. Reason: mispelled word
Thames59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #226
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

Should be room that late last time I got there at 7pm and its wide and few blocks in length

Last edited by willyplankhead; April 18th at 03:51 PM.
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #227
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

I may show up if I do it will be late. but I bet a 100 bucks if I make it everyone on bank street will know it. LOL.
Old April 18th   #228
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thames59 View Post
I am wanting to try to attend (never been to third Friday). Don't get off in time to get there at 4:30. Would probably be more like 5 to 5:30. I live in Albertville.
Should there still be room for my car that late? I know 1st Friday in Gadsden usually fills up early on Broad Street. I know nobody can say how big the crowd will be, just don't know how big the parking area is. Looking for an educated guess? Thanks.
not as big as gadsden.........yet, but i hope to. plenty of room. 80 to 100 cars on a good night. we don't put em in the parking lots, right in the middle of the road.
Old April 18th   #229
Thames59
Thames59
has no status.

Thanks for the input guys. I am going to try to make it. Hope to see you there.
Old April 19th   #230
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

B.A. that cold wind killed it bud next time holler at me before u split and I will give u a hand with barrels
Old April 20th   #231
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

thanks to all who braved a VERY COOL night. willy somebody got carried away with the orange barrels.hopefully there won't be that many out next time. or hopefully i'll need that many.lol
Old April 22nd   #232
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Thanks for the info...................got to try to get out to this one soon!!
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th   #233
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

well i'll start early this time. maybe it won't rain/snow /be windy this time. army band is coming again.they alone are worth the trip. food served,bank street green on lower bank street also the motel is serving food.inside and outside.hope to see a good turnout for the powers that be.ya'll come!!!
Old May 6th   #234
slowjoe24
slowjoe24
.......what do you want to talk about??
Huntsville Car Scene Staff Writer

Thanks for the info!
slowjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th   #235
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

Planning to be there. That's Fri. May 17th, isn't?
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th   #236
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If all goes well I should be there. I'll need to put a few miles on the car to get everything broken in so this will be a good excuse.
Old May 6th   #237
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

sorry,yep may 17th!!!!!!!
Old May 12th   #238
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

this friday!!! the band alone is worth coming out for!!! friday may 17th:<).. ya'll come
Old May 13th   #239
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

This is the dog parade one. We missed it last year. This will keep the fiance entertained........lol.
Old May 13th   #240
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

yep doggy parade.girlfriends and wives love this.and guys too!