Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old October 18th   #301
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Tonight!!!!!!
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th   #302
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

I don't see any cars by the Princess theatre, just a bunch of kids

Last edited by redbaron93; October 18th at 05:11 PM.
redbaron93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th   #303
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

You were in the wrong area. The cars are on Bank Street. From Lee Street, where the Library, City Court and County Courthouse - keep going on Lee and when it curves to the right it becomes Bank Street. We should put exact directions on line for all next season that are not familar with downtown Decatur.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th   #304
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

Thanks. I eventually found it.
Old October 18th   #305
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron93 View Post
Thanks. I eventually found it.
SORRY YOU HAD TROUBLE. I'VE TRIED TO MAKE SURE FOLKS KNEW WHERE IT WAS AT. ANY WAY 85-90 CARS,PROLLY THE BIGGEST FOOT CROWD I'VE HAD. HAD A GREAT BAND START AT 8;30 WISHED I HAD KNOWN THAT SO I COULD HAVE POSTED IT.THIS IS THE KIND OF FRUSTRATION I'VE HAD DEALING WITH THE FOLKS DOWN THERE. THEY REFUSE TO COMUNICATE WITH ME. BUT THATS OK. I'VE HAD A GREAT TIME DOING THIS,MET A LOT OF NEW FRIENDS, SEEN A LOT OF OLD ONES.I'VE HAVE BEEN ASKED IF I WOULD WORK WITH THEM NEXT YEAR,I'LL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT. BUT THANKS TO EVERY BODY FOR THE SUPPORT THE LAST 2 YEARS. THE GROUND WORK IS THERE FOR IT TO BE A HUGE SUCCESS IF THE CITY WANTS IT TO BE. SEE YA ON THE ROAD

Last edited by b.a.king; October 18th at 09:25 PM.
Old October 19th   #306
383 Thunder
383 Thunder
mostly thunder-little lightning

Congrats Bruce. Finally made it over to Decatur and it did not disapoint. Good looking cars. Music everywhere- jazz ensemble, a guy on his six string, a harp group and the bandstand. Good food- sidewalk dining. It was festive.
Sorry I didn't get to meet you- guess I spent too much time at the Bud sampling booth
Hope the city continues to carry the torch. Thanks again.
Old January 5th   #307
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!! ITS A LITTLE EARLY BUT I THOUGHT I'D GO ON AND GET STARTED SINCE THERE ARE BIG CHANGES FOR THIS YEAR. I WILL GET TO HELP SOME THIS YEAR WITH THE CRUISE IN.I'M GLAD BECAUSE WE HAVE DECIDED TO TRY IT ON 2nd AVE THIS YEAR. WITH THE NEW JEFFERSONS REST. AND A NEW B.B.Q PLACE OPENING UP,PLUS THE MELLOW MUSHROOM,JUST SEEMED TO BE THE SMART THING TO DO.THERE ARE MORE PLACES TO EAT,I JUST CAN'T NAME THEM RIGHT NOW,BUT I WILL.IF THE CITY WILL WORK WITH US I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH SPOTS FOR A COUPLE HUNDRED CARS,PLUS! GREAT SPOT TO TAKE PICTURE IN FRONT OF PRINCES THEATER. PLUS MORE SHOPS AND MORE FOOT TRAFFIC,WHICH I FEEL WILL REALLY HELP.LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE IN MARCH. YALL COME
Old January 7th   #308
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
how about you too Samir!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
ya'll come..samir,open invitation
I hate that I've missed seeing this event grow into what we talked about with the city of Huntsville. You are THE MAN and made this a reality and a half for us enthusiasts.

Let me know the details of the new location, and if there's a new flyer, let's just start a new listing for the new location so no one gets confused.

I hope to see you soon!
Old March 14th   #309
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Officialy 1 week away! try the new location ! lots of GREAT PLACES TO EAT,more shops , Great photo op with the princess theater as a back ground. this could really grow to something like Gadsden has become if north Alabama will support it. Ya'll come'
2nd ave Decatur