Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old July 20th   #61
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I am in downtown Decatur, and from my window, the clouds are light, and sunshine on the parking lot. So hopefully it will be good this evening.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #62
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

The Weather is holding together. Should be a fun nite for a cruise.
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th   #63
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Stuck in traffic and family came on esrly so im out.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st   #64
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

car count was off a little,88,.i'm sure the weather had a lot to do with that. but all in all pretty good. turn out. weather turned out great, cool, breezy and dry!had a huge crowd tho. heading in the right direction. thanks to all who came out.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd   #65
Don 79 TA
Don 79 TA
has no status.

The weather certainly held us back
we had rain here Friday and last night
wish events like this were weekly, this way your not setback with the weather
can't help mother nature
actually been about a month now since we've used the cars, hopefully in the next few weekends the weather improves
it's good to see that many showed up especially with what the forecast was calling for
just sucks.... another month going by quickly....
Don 79 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd   #66
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
The weather certainly held us back
we had rain here Friday and last night
wish events like this were weekly, this way your not setback with the weather
can't help mother nature
actually been about a month now since we've used the cars, hopefully in the next few weekends the weather improves
it's good to see that many showed up especially with what the forecast was calling for
just sucks.... another month going by quickly....
Weather is always a factor, especially in our area. Any event that's held weekly is too frequent for a good turnout. One of the main reasons every regular event is once a month. But because there's at least one of these each weekend, there's always something to go to.
Old July 23rd   #67
Don 79 TA
Don 79 TA
has no status.

i'm not sure i agree with that too frequent for a good turnout, but perhaps in this area it may be true? maybe that's the car culture around here, which we aren't accustomed to
Seems like Murfreesboro always has a nice crowd
and back where we came from they always had a great crowd as well
we used to get people from as far away as MD, DE, NJ, PA, CT, RI, update NY, and even VT/NH, and that says alot for having to deal with the crappy NYC roads/traffic
i can say from talking with various people in the area here, lack of a standard/weekly hang out is missing
i know people get annoyed about figuring where it's at on X day, and then hope it doesn't rain or have lousy weather for that X day
ohhh well... maybe the weather holds out for the next one
always seems to be raining over our area anyway
we had it friday and saturday, must be something with that little mountain in the area, or perhaps mother nature knew i had the cars somewhat clean and ready to go lol
it's all good anyway... she enjoyed the Shell Fish Fest this weekend big time
Don 79 TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th   #68
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

reminder now as i will be out of town next week,tina coleAKA tina turner will perform fridaynight puts on a great show. ya'll come. somebody bump this up for me next week
Old August 12th   #69
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Gotcha
Old August 12th   #70
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don 79 TA View Post
i'm not sure i agree with that too frequent for a good turnout, but perhaps in this area it may be true? maybe that's the car culture around here, which we aren't accustomed to
Seems like Murfreesboro always has a nice crowd
and back where we came from they always had a great crowd as well
we used to get people from as far away as MD, DE, NJ, PA, CT, RI, update NY, and even VT/NH, and that says alot for having to deal with the crappy NYC roads/traffic
i can say from talking with various people in the area here, lack of a standard/weekly hang out is missing
i know people get annoyed about figuring where it's at on X day, and then hope it doesn't rain or have lousy weather for that X day
ohhh well... maybe the weather holds out for the next one
always seems to be raining over our area anyway
we had it friday and saturday, must be something with that little mountain in the area, or perhaps mother nature knew i had the cars somewhat clean and ready to go lol
it's all good anyway... she enjoyed the Shell Fish Fest this weekend big time
That's an interesting perspective. I had no idea we needed a weekly hangout since there actually is one every Friday/Saturday night at Staples in Madison. But this is not officially an event and can be canceled at any time. Maybe an official Huntsville Car Scene weekly get-together needs to be started?
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
reminder now as i will be out of town next week,tina coleAKA tina turner will perform fridaynight puts on a great show. ya'll come. somebody bump this up for me next week
Thank you for the update! Sounds like it's getting better every week.
Old August 12th   #71
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

We prefer the monthly cruise-ins and monthly re-occuring events. We like to travel around, visit others and see different rides; and would not attend the same event or same location every week. But that is just us and the ones that we cruise with.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th   #72
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

still on !!!!! ya'll come
Old August 17th   #73
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Plan on being there this time
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th   #74
Stephen Freeman
Stephen Freeman
has no status.

I am there, Ha after 6
Stephen Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th   #75
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

threat of rain hurt a little,but again no rain
Old August 17th   #76
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

What do you drive?
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th   #77
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

last night i was in a white 52 chevy p.u. most of the time im in a well worn 59 el camino with a lot of ...................patina
Old August 18th   #78
AGearHead4Life
AGearHead4Life
is in the garage...

Quote:
last night i was in a white 52 chevy p.u. most of the time im in a well worn 59 el camino with a lot of ...................patina
last night I was in quite a few different beauties... Including a 49 Panel Truck and a '68 Camaro... and then.... I woke up to my 84 C10. It'll do.
AGearHead4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th   #79
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Love those rides!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGearHead4Life View Post
last night I was in quite a few different beauties... Including a 49 Panel Truck and a '68 Camaro... and then.... I woke up to my 84 C10. It'll do.
lol, I thought I was the only one that did that.
Old September 18th   #80
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

I hope to make it this month - Sorry I've been slacking - but life is real busy with two boys under 4