Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old September 18th   #81
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

This show is the one I always miss, or forget something, or plain forget. I won't make this one...going to the half mile run.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #82
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

How have the turns outs on these been? Just curious.
Old September 18th   #83
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I'm bad at guessing numbers but probably around 70 cars. I may be way off and I have only been once.
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #84
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cryer View Post
I'm bad at guessing numbers but probably around 70 cars. I may be way off and I have only been once.
Cool, I might ride over Friday when I get off work.
Old September 18th   #85
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
Quote:
The one which I covered was about 100+. My guess is that they've been holding steady around this number.
Old September 18th   #86
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

I believe the first one this season had the most attendance, but have stayed steady, filling the 3 or 4 blocks of downtown Bank Street.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #87
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

I REALLY enjoy these Friday nights! But I have been moving, & have missed the last 2. I DO plan to be there Friday night; it's supposed to be VERY nice weather - clear, & cool. I will bring my old Pony Hoss ('63 Pontiac Catalina). He's anxious to get out of the stable! I hope we have 150 vehicles!
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #88
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

yep this friday night. we will have breanna dean singing,also a doggy parade from 2nd ave to bank street.more music. the weather the last 2 times has been threatning,but the forcast for this friday night is great.only 2 left for this year,so come on out. clint bring the new hotrodder over,and parker also. car count has been between 80 -100+. ya'll come.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #89
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'll make it a point to try and make it over. I'm assuming there's plenty of parking where you won't get blocked in? In my mind I kinda see this like the Athens square monthly cruise in, not like the actual show (where you would get blocked in if you parked on the actual square.
Old September 18th   #90
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

ITS ON BANK STREET.park pretty much where ever you like. middle of the road,on the side,plenty of room. just got to lesve a fire lane up the sides of the roads,please.no square, straight road.
Old September 19th   #91
MrPontiac63
MrPontiac63
Pontiac Poor

I have found the parking to be great. Even if you park in the middle of the street, people usually leave enough room for you to pull out & go if needed; & there are lanes on either side of the street left open (as people park along the cubs) to go in either direction if needed. Not like the big show in Athens, where you can't get out. At Decatur, people are coming & going in their cars all night.
MrPontiac63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th   #92
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPontiac63 View Post
I have found the parking to be great. Even if you park in the middle of the street, people usually leave enough room for you to pull out & go if needed; & there are lanes on either side of the street left open (as people park along the cubs) to go in either direction if needed. Not like the big show in Athens, where you can't get out. At Decatur, people are coming & going in their cars all night.
Perfect. I was planning on just stopping by for a little while.
Old September 19th   #93
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

and.......ta daaaaaaaaa,we are having the dressed up doggie parade............... i have no idea!
Old September 20th   #94
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

friday nite!!!!lets have a big crowd.
Old September 20th   #95
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Given I have everything together for leaving Saturday, I may swing by REALLY quick and cover the cars that are there. I hate to have not covered it in some form yet, but I guess it is what it is.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #96
David W
David W
has no status.

Looks like we'll have great weather tomorrow night, and I'm bringing the Bridgeport.
David W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #97
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Big football game in hartselle that I am attending. Hopefully their will be a great turnout at the cruise in.
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th   #98
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
and.......ta daaaaaaaaa,we are having the dressed up doggie parade............... i have no idea!
Hey, the more the merrier.
Quote:
friday nite!!!!lets have a big crowd.
And the weather will be awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
Given I have everything together for leaving Saturday, I may swing by REALLY quick and cover the cars that are there. I hate to have not covered it in some form yet, but I guess it is what it is.
You should swing by even if you can't cover it just to check it out. It's a pretty neat event with the backdrop of the downtown area.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David W View Post
Looks like we'll have great weather tomorrow night, and I'm bringing the Bridgeport.
I love seeing it out. And I'm sure everyone else does too. There isn't one time that I haven't seen someone studying it as they admire it.
Quote:
Big football game in hartselle that I am attending. Hopefully their will be a great turnout at the cruise in.
What time is the game? Hopefully football won't be a conflict. We all know how that goes...
Old September 21st   #99
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

85 cars+ great crowd and one griper.all in all a very good nite. 1 left. lots of new cars thanks every one
Old September 21st   #100
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
85 cars+ great crowd and one griper.all in all a very good nite. 1 left. lots of new cars thanks every one
Sounds like a great way to spend a Friday night. Wish I could have been there!