Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old September 21st   #101
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

Guess we missed everyone. Got there around 7 and only saw maybe 7 or 8 cars. Kinda disappointing for something that was to go until 9. Last October I went to the Gadsden event and when I left at 8-8:30 they still had plenty of cars and people roaming around.
Old September 22nd   #102
David W
David W
has no status.

Had every intention of being there, but the Bridgeport's clutch apparently flew apart on the way to work yesterday AM. So it'll be torn down for a little while.
David W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd   #103
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron93 View Post
Guess we missed everyone. Got there around 7 and only saw maybe 7 or 8 cars. Kinda disappointing for something that was to go until 9. Last October I went to the Gadsden event and when I left at 8-8:30 they still had plenty of cars and people roaming around.
Probably the weather that drove everyone home. This seems to happen at all the evening events as the weather starts to cool down. Was the other parts of the event still going? Or was everyone gone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by David W View Post
Had every intention of being there, but the Bridgeport's clutch apparently flew apart on the way to work yesterday AM. So it'll be torn down for a little while.
Ouch! Well, that clutch definitely did it's job for quite a while.
Old September 22nd   #104
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
I bet you did the same thing I almost did. I road around 2nd Ave. for about 10 minutes thinking this can't be it.........so i stopped and ask a few people and they gave me directions.

I have no clue why 2nd ave. is even mentioned in the flier, it looked like they had something going on but not car related. The actually cruise in is on bank street. I left around 7:30 and there were still cars coming in. I hate that you didn't find it but I feel your pain because I almost did the exact same thing.

This is a pretty cool little event and will be back.

Last edited by EvilZ; September 22nd at 11:02 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd   #105
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I left around 7:30 and there were still cars coming in. I hate that you didn't find it but I feel your pain because I almost did the exact same thing.

Good to hear. I thought 7pm was way too early for things to be ending right now as it's still quite pleasant at that time.
Old September 22nd   #106
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

It's possible we missed it. I saw a road blocked off with a few cars inside. Did not look to be as big as the last time I was there. Oh well, we went and watched Trouble With The Curve. Good movie.
Old September 22nd   #107
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
...we went and watched Trouble With The Curve. Good movie.
Interesting title. Is this new?
Old September 22nd   #108
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
I bet you did the same thing I almost did. I road around 2nd Ave. for about 10 minutes thinking this can't be it.........so i stopped and ask a few people and they gave me directions.

I have no clue why 2nd ave. is even mentioned in the flier, it looked like they had something going on but not car related. The actually cruise in is on bank street. I left around 7:30 and there were still cars coming in. I hate that you didn't find it but I feel your pain because I almost did the exact same thing.

the reason 2nd ave is on the flyer is it was to start on bank street and then when the road work on 2nd was done the cruise in would move down there.but in talking to all the folks that show up, all that i can, 95% said leave it where it is. we had about 85 cars pretty good going up gainst football and a big show in tunica. thr city has invited the vw crowd if the wish to come down to 2nd ave. just things we have to work out.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd   #109
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Interesting title. Is this new?
Yeah it has Clint Eastwood in it, looks pretty good from the trailers I've seen. Came out yesterday
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd   #110
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
thr city has invited the vw crowd if the wish to come down to 2nd ave. just things we have to work out.
Do you specifically which vw crowd? Watercooled or air cooled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba Mustang View Post
Yeah it has Clint Eastwood in it, looks pretty good from the trailers I've seen. Came out yesterday
Ah, yes now this makes sense. I thought it might have been some sort of car movie from the title. He's always done great work, and his latest movies have been some of his finest work. I loved Gran Torino. Very powerful film.
Old September 23rd   #111
redbaron93
redbaron93
Just along for the ride

It's a baseball movie. Eastwood plays an aging scout for the Braves.
Old September 23rd   #112
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Do you specifically which vw crowd? Watercooled or air cooled?
Ah, yes now this makes sense. I thought it might have been some sort of car movie from the title. He's always done great work, and his latest movies have been some of his finest work. I loved Gran Torino. Very powerful film.
have no idea.a bug is a bug is a bug
Old September 23rd   #113
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
the reason 2nd ave is on the flyer is it was to start on bank street and then when the road work on 2nd was done the cruise in would move down there.but in talking to all the folks that show up, all that i can, 95% said leave it where it is. we had about 85 cars pretty good going up gainst football and a big show in tunica. thr city has invited the vw crowd if the wish to come down to 2nd ave. just things we have to work out.
Gotcha. I was just really confused because there were several area's blocked off on 2nd Ave. but very few cars. Long story short it's a really cool venue. I just hate it took me until now to make it over.
Old September 23rd   #114
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

hopefully it will be back next year bigger and better. but we still have one left this year in october.ON BANK STREET.!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 23rd   #115
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

I rode around down there also around 7:30 and saw cars leaving. Also saw the VW with the street closed off. O well
Old September 23rd   #116
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Did you not find bank street???
Old September 24th   #117
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

For the ones coming into Decatur on 565 and over the bridge to downtown Decatur via 6th Avenue. When you reach Lee Street where the Library is on your right (as well as Lucky's grocery store), turn right onto Lee Street and stay on this road. In a few blocks when it makes a right bend it becomes Bank Street and follow that down to the end where you will run into the cruise-in and vendors. Hope all finds okay in October and we have a great attendance.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #118
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Yes I know where Bank street is. As a matter of fact I have a vender that has the large buliding on that street and was just over there last week. I just had it in my head about 2nd ave and the Princess theater and thats where I headed. I know where your talking about now. Maybe I can make it next month
Old October 10th   #119
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

go ahead and get a head start on this one. come on out and see old friends. that seem to happen every month. run into folks you havent seen in a while. last cruise of the year lets make it a big one.street party with car/hotrods as the main attraction.park in the street. its on BANK STREET . next friday oct. 19
Old October 15th   #120
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Assuming the weather is good I plan on attending this again. I had a really good time last time after I finally found it...........lol.