Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Decatur 3rd Friday Cruise In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 15th to November 1st 04:30 PM to 09:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Bank Street, Downtown Decatur, AL

The city has decided to add a cruise in to their 3rd Friday event in down town Decatur. They hope to pattern it after the Gadsden Cruise In. For the time being it will be held on Bank Street just down from the old bank building. When all road work is done on 2nd Ave close to Princess Theater, it may move up there. It will start about 4:30 -5:00 p.m.-ish and go to about 9:00 p.m. Bring the wives as there are antique shops, Civil War museum, Tenn Valley Pecan Co, and more. Restaurants are A Little Slim, Simp Mcgee's, Tim Buck 2 deli shop. They are working on getting more food vendors in for the cruise. If you know of food vendors have them contact me.

The old state bank parking area should be open for photo ops if you so desire. We hope to be able to park in the very middle of the street like Gadsden, but must leave a fire lane. Work with us as this was done on very short notice. Ya'll come. Hope I covered it all.

Old March 12th   #161
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyplankhead View Post
coming in to decatur make a right on hwy 20 after the bridge go to 1st light make a left.1st street u come to make a right and u dead end into bank street
canal st is what you will turn off of from hwy 20. 1st street to turn right on is church.IF that is blocked go back over a block to lafayette street. not really that hard2nd ave will have activities also, but cruise in is on bank st.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th   #162
willyplankhead
willyplankhead
if u cant say nothing nice atleast make it funny

No problem I dont really know what's going on over there as far as road work I know decatur is haveing alot of it LOL
willyplankhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th   #163
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

I may have have my car done or not right now if u want to drive it round buckets are the seats it has no interior at the moment
Old March 12th   #164
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
why, thank you!!!!
You're welcome good buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
Aren't there 2 Decatur exits? Which one will we take?
If you follow 565 straight into Decatur, you can follow the directions ba has posted.
Quote:
Madison from 72 I 65 south first decatur exit
No I-65 if you're coming on 565. That will take you to Birmingham. Only take I-65 South if you're coming from Athens or taking 72 all the way to Athens. I wouldn't recommend this route from Madison...
Quote:
willy,if we have the stage, that intrance to bank street may be blocked. may have to go over another block.or,,,,when you cross bridge if you go straight to 3rd redlight (lee street) turn right follow it around and it turns into bank street.if ya'll want i'll p.m. you my phone number and you can call. might want to eat before you get there. one is kind of pricey the other is very good,fair price but always crowded.don't know yet if we will have food vendors. anybody know some?
Crimson Pig BBQ was at Bugs and Brats a couple of years. I think I have their contact info somewhere, but you may be able to google it. Really, really great bbq.
Quote:
I may have have my car done or not right now if u want to drive it round buckets are the seats it has no interior at the moment
I wouldn't risk riding on buckets. Just wait a month and bring it fully done. Better yet, bring the truck!
Old March 13th   #165
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

I would bring the truck. but, It's still wrecked haven't had time to finish repairing it yet.
Old March 13th   #166
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
canal st is what you will turn off of from hwy 20. 1st street to turn right on is church.IF that is blocked go back over a block to lafayette street. not really that hard2nd ave will have activities also, but cruise in is on bank st.
stage will up!! if its past say 4-4;30,your best bet is to go down to lee street,(3rd redlite) turn right and follow it to bank st. won't have to turn off of lee.

also i was wrong, oak street is where the traffic lite is on hwy 20,canal is the next street

Last edited by b.a.king; March 13th at 05:36 PM.
Old March 14th   #167
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I would bring the truck. but, It's still wrecked haven't had time to finish repairing it yet.
Agh! What happened to it?
Quote:
stage will up!! if its past say 4-4;30,your best bet is to go down to lee street,(3rd redlite) turn right and follow it to bank st. won't have to turn off of lee.

also i was wrong, oak street is where the traffic lite is on hwy 20,canal is the next street
Thank you for the update! So the best route will be coming over the bridge and then a right at Lee?
Old March 14th   #168
willyplankhead
willyplankhead

Someone tried to park a Volvo station wagon in the back of it at 60mph
Old March 14th   #169
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Agh! What happened to it?
Thank you for the update! So the best route will be coming over the bridge and then a right at Lee?
yep.3rd traffic lite
Old March 14th   #170
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Someone tried to park a Volvo station wagon in the back of it at 60mph
Ouch! I'm glad you're alright.
Quote:
yep.3rd traffic lite
Cool, I got it right.
Old March 15th   #171
kyphur
kyphur
is plotting

Send a message via AIM to kyphur
Hopefully I can get out there tonight. It's only like 5 mins from my house but I have something I have to do after work today.
my fquick
kyphur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #172
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

tonight!!!!! great weather!hope to have a big crowd. see ya there!!! say hi!
Old March 15th   #173
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It's beautiful outside. Everyone get out and enjoy it!

Last edited by Samir; March 15th at 01:44 PM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #174
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

I'll be there. Look for the low and slow Mercedes holding up all the traffic.
JLowery28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #175
cletusberontwood
cletusberontwood
has no status.

See you guys there! We'll be in our blue VW EuroVan!
cletusberontwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #176
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Soooo.....turn right off the Decatur exit from 565? And go over a bridge and turn right at the 3rd light, Lee St?
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #177
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

Had a lot of fun! We had 4 Fiats there we saw you pass by us JLowery. I need to start yelling at people when I recognize them, haha.

Ready for the parade tomorrow!
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #178
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
Soooo.....turn right off the Decatur exit from 565? And go over a bridge and turn right at the 3rd light, Lee St?
I wish I had seen this but we got there around 5. For future reference, yes, the best route was over the bridge and the third light. Take a right (Lee Street) and then continue down it. We took a right on Canal Street and kinda ended up on the wrong side to enter from but I think if you just stay on Lee it would have run into the cruise-in area.
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th   #179
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Glad you guys had a great time. I'm hoping I can wake up in the morning as I'm still working.
Old March 16th   #180
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

Yeah, it was fun. Weather was pretty much perfect. We had to skip out a little early cause the girlfriend was craving pizza and we didn't want to walk to vittones so we drove to the other end of downtown. Next month we'll be a little more prepared and I plan to bring out the sonett. I think it'll fit in a little better than the Benz. And probably get more looks. But, for future reference, I will answer to both James, and JLowery28 haha. So don't hesitate to yell at me.
JLowery28 is offline   Reply With Quote