Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old April 17th   #1
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Possibly moving to AL..

Sooo, the boyfriend and I are talking about possibly moving to Alabama. We live in Colorado as of right now and the car scene here is incredible. We were just curious as to how the car scene is down there? Any meets, cruises, etc. We are both huge into that kinda stuff. My boyfriend owns a Silver 07' STI, Signed by Tanner Foust . We would love to become a part of some of the events you guys have coming up. I guess my question is, is there alot of activity up there?

: This is my boyfriends 07' STI.

Last edited by Britni; April 17th at 08:28 PM.
Britni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #2
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

Yes, lots of activity. Pretty much a cruise in or car show every weekend starting about now through into the fall. There is also one every first wednesday of each month.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 17th at 09:07 PM.
Ba Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #3
BamaMopars
BamaMopars
Mopar or No car!

We are warm for a long time here in Bama! Welcome to HCS!
BamaMopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #4
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Yeah I actually used to live in Bama for about 3 months 2 summers ago in Jackson's gap and don't see much. I saw one white Evo and one red srt4 and I'm huge into cars so I was a bit disappointed haha but thanks for the welcoming! How's the Subbie/Evo scene down there?
Old April 17th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Welcome Britni! I think the car scene here is pretty incredible too for such a small population (under 1 million in North Alabama). Any given Saturday during the season, you could literally get up at 7am and be at events continuously until 2am. I know because I used to do it. Now, I only do it 12-14hrs a day on every Saturday.

We also have a very active Subaru group, so there's a lot of Subie love here too.

I'd love to see what the scene is like there! If you've got some pictures of your favorite events, post them and I'll show you what we have to compare.
Old April 17th   #6
Britni
Britni
has no status.

Yeah we have a nation wide meet here every Sunday about 700+ cars show up. It's pretty intense! How are the drag strips down there? Cause I have a house near AC (Alex city) but my boyfriend doesn't wanna be the loan ranger down there lol. So we were just trying to get a little info on how it is
Old April 17th   #7
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

There is one here in hunstville and one in moulton, I've never been to them though.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 17th at 09:43 PM.
Old April 17th   #8
SaabStory2.0T
SaabStory2.0T
has no status.

Yeah, the Subie/Mitsu people here are awesome. I have a Saab, and they decided I was "okay" enough to hang out. They are both pretty active about monthly meets from my understanding.

The Mitsu group should have their own sub forum (on here) and a Facebook page (search NAMO in Facebook if you have one).

Overall, the Huntsville Scene has surprised me. I just started coming out a month ago, and there's something going on every Saturday all over North Alabama. Some groups have meets during the week. It just depends on what you want to do!
SaabStory2.0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britni View Post
Yeah we have a nation wide meet here every Sunday about 700+ cars show up. It's pretty intense! How are the drag strips down there? Cause I have a house near AC (Alex city) but my boyfriend doesn't wanna be the loan ranger down there lol. So we were just trying to get a little info on how it is
Nationwide and every Sunday? Yeah, we're nothing like that. The best we've got for a meet was around 400, 1000+ for a cruise-in, and for a car show just over 1000.

There's a few drag strips locally, all 1/8mi--Huntsville Dragway, Baileyton, Moulton, and Sand Mountain. Oh, and I almost forgot, one 1/4mi in Steele.

But Alex City puts you down in the Birmingham area, which I'm not too familiar with. I know there's a lot of stuff going on down there as well, just no single web site like this to find it all.

Last edited by Samir; April 17th at 09:55 PM. Reason: added 1/4mi info.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #10
SaabStory2.0T
SaabStory2.0T
has no status.

I was actually just reading up on this, but wasn't there a strip in Hunstville that just got refinished? I could be wrong though.
SaabStory2.0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #11
Ba Mustang
Ba Mustang
terrible forum

The Huntsville Dragway was just fixed up after the April 27th tornadoes hit it.

Last edited by Ba Mustang; April 17th at 09:50 PM.
Old April 17th   #12
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

Steele isn't too bad of a Drive, Its a 1/4th.
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
Steele isn't too bad of a Drive, Its a 1/4th.
Yeah, I forgot about that one.
Old April 18th   #14
Reckon
Reckon
so...

Welcome!
Old April 18th   #15
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Welcome! Great scene down here!

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #16
dr1ft@gious
dr1ft@gious
needs money for bilstein sports.

Personally i like the scene down here, but its not as good as it should be or as good as other cities maybe compared to birmingham. My friend Daniel is from colorado and he too drives a WRX and he says that the scene here isnt really anything like up in colorado, especially the driving. Haha he said everyone around here drives really slow and stupid.

welcome though! i hope your decision is wise and you come down here to make our scene just that much better!

Last edited by dr1ft@gious; April 18th at 07:27 AM.
dr1ft@gious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #17
dmcmahan12
dmcmahan12
Nissan power now!!!

Welcome aboard! I will send you a PM about some Subaru stuff if you and your boyfriend are interested about meets and thing like that.
dmcmahan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #18
ray
ray

That's all we need...more Subarus around here!

But seriously, welcome and there is plenty around here. We (the Mitsubishi owners) even get along with the Subaru guys in town and have joint meets and cruises. Everyone gets along whether they like it or not
Old April 18th   #19
Britni
Britni
has no status.

That's great to hear guys! Yeah i'm trying to do some convincing haha cause i have a house down there on the lake but we are huge into cars, cruises, meets etc so he wants to make sure its great. The scene here is really nice but the cops always have to ruin it! How are the jobs down there? Cause that is another thing he is worried about haha
Old April 18th   #20
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britni View Post
That's great to hear guys! Yeah i'm trying to do some convincing haha cause i have a house down there on the lake but we are huge into cars, cruises, meets etc so he wants to make sure its great. The scene here is really nice but the cops always have to ruin it! How are the jobs down there? Cause that is another thing he is worried about haha
Check Forbes mag and other sources. The Huntsville area was the top city to live in during these times. Barely hit us compared to other areas. The economy in this area is still really good.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote