Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old April 18th   #1
Josh_NGR
Josh_NGR
Next.Generation.Ricing?

Looking for 1996 eclipse 5 spd only!

My name is Josh and I'm 18 years old, so sadly, I cannot buy directly from any dealership. So if there are any local sellers around looking to rid their driveway of a 1995-1999 mitsubishi eclipse, then let me know. Reply via forum first before email.

Requirements: 5 spd; engine and transmission must function properly; preferably 4-cyl models only
Josh_NGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #2
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Welcome to hcs Josh. Are you looking for a turbo model or non turbo, awd or fwd? All of the 95-99 eclipses are 4cyl just some come with the 420a non turbo motor (RS and GS models) and some come with the 4g63 turbo motor. The turbo models are avaialble in fwd (GST) and awd (GSX). The convertibles either come with a non turbo 4g64 motor or the turbo 4g63

Last edited by gorkoracing; April 18th at 01:05 PM.
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #3
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Go 4G63 if you can. Much better motor. The V6s or the GT didn't come out till the third gen Eclipse. 4NMSCLE has experience in this area and might can lead you in the right direction.

Common sense isn't a common virtue.

Link to the Nissan/Infiniti group page:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/154828527932506/
1 BAD Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #4
ray
ray

You want to buy an Evo?

But in all seriousness, check on www.Evolutionm.net too for cars. A good bit of eclipses are listed there.

There are some other guys around here who have the cars you are looking for and can probably point you in a better direction.

Once you get it, bring it to the next NAMO meet! (www.facebook.com/NAMOonline)

Last edited by ray; April 18th at 03:36 PM. Reason: I have terrible grammar...
ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
Once you get it, bring it to the next NAMO meet! (www.facebook.com/NAMOonline)
Or come to a meet anyways with cash in hand and see who sells theirs to you on the spot.

Last edited by Samir; April 18th at 03:41 PM.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #6
Josh_NGR
Josh_NGR
Next.Generation.Ricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Welcome to hcs Josh. Are you looking for a turbo model or non turbo, awd or fwd? All of the 95-99 eclipses are 4cyl just some come with the 420a non turbo motor (RS and GS models) and some come with the 4g63 turbo motor. The turbo models are avaialble in fwd (GST) and awd (GSX). The convertibles either come with a non turbo 4g64 motor or the turbo 4g63
I would love a GST depending on the price difference between the base price of a non-turbo and a GST. No convertibles. I'm not much for the bugs in my teeth. And what makes a 420a engine so much better than the other model engine? I'm not too familiar in the field of eclipses but am more than willing to learn anything and everything I can about them. I fell in love with eclipses after seeing a friend of mine who had a red 95 GSX. All stock, i believe, except for maybe cool-air intake, lowered suspension, and racing seats. Extremely clean and I'd like to recreate the same feeling I use to get when I'd hear/see it zooming down the backroads.
Old April 19th   #7
Josh_NGR
Josh_NGR
Next.Generation.Ricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 BAD Z View Post
Go 4G63 if you can. Much better motor. The V6s or the GT didn't come out till the third gen Eclipse. 4NMSCLE has experience in this area and might can lead you in the right direction.
I would love to...except for the price Plus I want the body style of the 2g. And no V6 is fine with me. I am looking for nice performance but it'll also be my everyday drive so gas cant be too high.
Old April 19th   #8
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

I agree, the 2G was the best eclipse out there. The 4G isn't bad either but the 3G is the girls eclipse and the 1G is just ugly imo

Old April 19th   #9
BigTyla
BigTyla
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_NGR View Post
I would love a GST depending on the price difference between the base price of a non-turbo and a GST. No convertibles. I'm not much for the bugs in my teeth. And what makes a 420a engine so much better than the other model engine? I'm not too familiar in the field of eclipses but am more than willing to learn anything and everything I can about them. I fell in love with eclipses after seeing a friend of mine who had a red 95 GSX. All stock, i believe, except for maybe cool-air intake, lowered suspension, and racing seats. Extremely clean and I'd like to recreate the same feeling I use to get when I'd hear/see it zooming down the backroads.
The 420A is the least performance-oriented engine option. The 4G63 comes in non-turbo and turbo variants. As cheap and plentiful as 4G63 turbo cars are there's really not a reason to not buy one. You just have to be careful as many of them are ragged out or were improperly modified for big power.

If you look around a 100-150 mile radius and are patient you will eventually find the right car. Just keep an eye out on Autotrader, Craigslist, and other various classifieds. Look for one as lightly modified as possible. If you're not picky about gens, adding the 1Gs to your list will make the search even easier.
BigTyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #10
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

Expect about 22-28 MPG on a non modified GST or GSX. A GS/RS/Base Model will get 30-35.

One other thing is that you need to put premium in the GST and GSX, while the RS/GS can run on regular fuel.

The GST and GSX have more performance potential, but if your not looking to go fast the 420a can be just as reliable as a 4g63, with less issues that need to be addressed (oil cooler leaks, turbo related maint etc)
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th   #11
Josh_NGR
Josh_NGR
Next.Generation.Ricing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTyla View Post
The 420A is the least performance-oriented engine option. The 4G63 comes in non-turbo and turbo variants. As cheap and plentiful as 4G63 turbo cars are there's really not a reason to not buy one. You just have to be careful as many of them are ragged out or were improperly modified for big power.

If you look around a 100-150 mile radius and are patient you will eventually find the right car. Just keep an eye out on Autotrader, Craigslist, and other various classifieds. Look for one as lightly modified as possible. If you're not picky about gens, adding the 1Gs to your list will make the search even easier.
I guess it's a GS I'm looking for then. I'll keep looking. If you happen to see or hear anything interesting...Come let me know. Please
Old April 19th   #12
Tanro
Tanro
Rebuilding my KA24DE

The only bad thing about 420a cars is that they are usually beaten on a lot harder, stay away from a modded 420a if you don't know much about cars mechanically. They are usually cheaper, and easier to find. The car guy that knows what he is doin will usually stay away from them, so the car guy that thinks he knows usually beats the crap out of them, neglects maintenance, and buys all his parts from eBay.
Tanro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th   #13
Josh_NGR
Josh_NGR
Next.Generation.Ricing?

That was already my goal. I want to mod a car that's as stock as I can find. And I would take it to a shop before modding and I'd only buy direct from the manufacturers.
Old April 20th   #14
1 BAD Z
1 BAD Z
got'em hatin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanro View Post
The only bad thing about 420a cars is that they are usually beaten on a lot harder, stay away from a modded 420a if you don't know much about cars mechanically. They are usually cheaper, and easier to find. The car guy that knows what he is doin will usually stay away from them, so the car guy that thinks he knows usually beats the crap out of them, neglects maintenance, and buys all his parts from eBay.
I'd recommend this comment for about any car out there.

I know there are ppl who mod their cars correctly also but is it really worth the risk? I mean, some wheels, tint and a stereo is one thing.