Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourself here!

Old June 10th   #1
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

New from Gadsden

Hey all, the names' Brad, I'm from Gadsden, and primarily into diesels, but pretty much enjoy anything with an engine... with some exceptions... anyways, heres my junk.....paint isn't great, but i'm getting the drivetrain ironed out first...before I tackle that...

I hate I missed ya'lls dyno day, hopefully I can make the next one...

mudn_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #2
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Paint isn't great? Some of us don't have paint at all...haha
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #3
BamaMopars
BamaMopars
Mopar or No car!

Truck looks good!
BamaMopars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #4
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Thanks ya'll... It has scratches all over, clear is coming off hood and roof, and there is a pretty good dent in the tailgate.... It looks ok from 20ft...
Old June 11th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

It's amazing the power you can make with a diesel. A friend just picked up a 2500 6 speed truck. It needs a head gasket a few other things but should be a neat truck when he's done.

Btw you so need a sticker that say's "Dodge a father, Ram a daughter". I saw one on a Ram the other day, I hate stickers but if i had a ram I would have that sticker. Period.
Old June 11th   #6
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
It's amazing the power you can make with a diesel. A friend just picked up a 2500 6 speed truck. It needs a head gasket a few other things but should be a neat truck when he's done.

Btw you so need a sticker that say's "Dodge a father, Ram a daughter". I saw one on a Ram the other day, I hate stickers but if i had a ram I would have that sticker. Period.
LOL.. I can help him with anything he needs and hopefully save him some money in the long run.... I can also replace the HG for him if he isnt planning to do it...
Old June 11th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'll send you a message about it.
Old June 11th   #8
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Quote:
I'll send you a message about it.
I'll bet I have to reach a certain # of posts before I can view or reply... not sure though
Old June 11th   #9
dragginbody87
dragginbody87
has no status.
Official Huntsville Car Scene Grammar Police

No one has IM abilities here yet. I think it sends to your email.
dragginbody87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th   #10
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
No one has IM abilities here yet. I think it sends to your email.
Oh, ok. thanks man
Old June 13th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaMopars View Post
Truck looks good!
I second that. . Welcome to the site Brad!.. I bet TruFacts can do quite a bit with the paint.
Quote:

It is. I have a video from a tri-turbo setup that was transplanted to a mustang. That sticker is just plain wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginbody87 View Post
I think it sends to your email.
Yep.
Old June 13th   #12
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I second that. . Welcome to the site Brad!.. I bet TruFacts can do quite a bit with the paint.
Thanks, what is truFacts?
Old June 14th   #13
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

^they detail cars.

If the clear is pealing off though I really doubt their is much anyone could do aside from painting. I could be wrong though (it wouldn't be the first or last time).
Old June 14th   #14
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Quote:
^they detail cars.

If the clear is pealing off though I really doubt their is much anyone could do aside from painting. I could be wrong though (it wouldn't be the first or last time).
yeah, the clear is coming off the roof and hood... worse on the roof as i keep a coat of wax on the hood.... and the truck has some pretty bad scratches all over, as well as a big dent in the tailgate.... i do have another tailgate, just need to get it painted.... but I kinda want to do it all at once
Old June 15th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
Thanks, what is truFacts?
One of the site sponsors that specializes in detailing. Here's a link to more info:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4518
And some of their work:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=5717
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudn_1 View Post
yeah, the clear is coming off the roof and hood... worse on the roof as i keep a coat of wax on the hood.... and the truck has some pretty bad scratches all over, as well as a big dent in the tailgate.... i do have another tailgate, just need to get it painted.... but I kinda want to do it all at once
Ahh, they might be able to do something with the hood, but that top may be gone.

Have you considered vinyl wrapping the truck? It'll cost around the same as paint, but no paint prep and it's done in a day. And if the top is the only thing gone, you may be able to just wrap that for now rather than the whole truck.
Old June 15th   #16
mudn_1
mudn_1
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
One of the site sponsors that specializes in detailing. Here's a link to more info:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4518
And some of their work:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=5717
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4978
Ahh, they might be able to do something with the hood, but that top may be gone.

Have you considered vinyl wrapping the truck? It'll cost around the same as paint, but no paint prep and it's done in a day. And if the top is the only thing gone, you may be able to just wrap that for now rather than the whole truck.
no but thats an idea
Old June 16th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'm doing that for my Accord once I get it back on the road. My top and hood clear coat are both failing too.
Old June 17th   #18
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

if you vinyl wrap a car, it better be garaged kept or white and not left in the sun often

because any colored vinyl, its not a matter of IF but when the sun starts to fade it...

in fact, about the longest warranty you will find on a wrap is 3 years and that is integrity, not fading

one of my good friends is one of the installers/designers at a graphics place here and while he does a lot of wraps for vans and trucks(for businesses), even he said there is no way he'd wrap his own personal vehicle as a means of customization...
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune

Last edited by 2SSRSinBama; June 17th at 08:32 PM.
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRSinBama View Post
if you vinyl wrap a car, it better be garaged kept or white and not left in the sun often

because any colored vinyl, its not a matter of IF but when the sun starts to fade it...

in fact, about the longest warranty you will find on a wrap is 3 years and that is integrity, not fading

one of my good friends is one of the installers/designers at a graphics place here and while he does a lot of wraps for vans and trucks(for businesses), even he said there is no way he'd wrap his own personal vehicle as a means of customization...
I'm sure cheaper vinyls will fade faster, but there are some newer vinyls coming out specifically to be a substitute for paint. I'm sure they'd hold up better.

Besides, nothing like getting that rat rod look every few years and then changing the color.
Old June 23rd   #20
Smyly@TFR
Smyly@TFR
Professional Detailer
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

wish I would have seen this sooner I am running a sale to stock up on a bunch of new products this is a one time deal until my old products run out so its going for cheap! Check it out and let me know what I can do for you!http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...#axzz1ydZ8IyOD