Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old June 12th   #1
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

If you drive a Vette and Work at SBC

I don't know you
I have never raced you or your vette
Quit talking crap to the people I work with in our Parking Lot at work
Quit hollaring at me while I'm driving down the road

If you raced a Yellow GTO it wasn't mine
If you would like to run them, then stop and speak to me directly

Old June 12th   #2
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Yeah, Now What!?!?;-)
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #3
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

{+*Silly vette people.....*+}-insert sarcasm font.
Old June 12th   #4
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
{+*Silly vette people.....*+}-insert sarcasm font.
yeah I know - wheres that link from Jim Rome on "Corvette Guy" when you need it LOL
Old June 12th   #5
SaabStory2.0T
SaabStory2.0T
has no status.

Lol I had someone in a red corvette turning off of ride out rd onto Pulaski pike try to race me after the Wednesday Night meet. Not sure what he was trying to prove by racing a Saab, but it made me laugh.
SaabStory2.0T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th   #6
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Thanks to hsv racing we have pretty much figured out who it is

Name is Matt
Black Z06
Really cocky and known to talk a bunch of crap

Love the power of the interweb
Old June 12th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

mainly the hsvracing mafia........
Old June 12th   #8
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

You would think I could arrange whoopin from a guy with a blue Z06. Just saying
Old June 13th   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If he wants to race I'm game.
Old June 13th   #10
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

ata boy -

I put a sign over my tag this AM at work that reads "VETTE KILLER" THAT SHOULD STIR HIM UP PRETTY GOOD.
Old June 15th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjohns View Post
I don't know you
I have never raced you or your vette
Quit talking crap to the people I work with in our Parking Lot at work
Quit hollaring at me while I'm driving down the road

If you raced a Yellow GTO it wasn't mine
If you would like to run them, then stop and speak to me directly

Sounds like someone full of drama. Kinda like the people who talk bad about me but won't say a thing to my face. Same psychological profile as the bullys in high school--being aggressive to cover up for some sort of insecurity. Best just to leave him alone.
Quote:
Thanks to hsv racing we have pretty much figured out who it is
Doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of drama like this on there. Waste of time imo.
Quote:
mainly the hsvracing mafia........
Which is what exactly? A bunch of grown men that feel the need to assert their 'strength'? There's people with exotic cars in town that are nicer to meet.

I think this entire thread is a example of the waste of time that the drama in the car scene can be.
Old June 15th   #12
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Sounds like someone full of drama. Kinda like the people who talk bad about me but won't say a thing to my face.
The people that know of him say he is all talk about racing people, but very rarely puts up.

I am pleased to announce that he tradded his vette in on a BMW. So maybe when he saw me the other day he was still having buyers remorse.

at any rate

/thread

Last edited by clintjohns; June 15th at 06:44 AM.
clintjohns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
The people that know of him say he is all talk about racing people, but very rarely puts up.

I am pleased to announce that he tradded his vette in on a BMW. So maybe when he saw me the other day he was still having buyers remorse.

at any rate

/thread
But my point is if someone is like this, are they really worth your time to shut up?

In my experience, you can best them at any game they bring, and then they'll still find another game because they need to fill a psychological void they can't fill. You're actually dealing with someone with a slight mental illness in these cases, and that type of problem can't be solved racing, but with proper therapy.

If the BMW is a 335, I almost guarantee you he'll still be at it--maybe not with you, but someone else. The problem is much deeper than what's at the surface.
Old June 15th   #14
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Quote:
But my point is if someone is like this, are they really worth your time to shut up?

In my experience, you can best them at any game they bring, and then they'll still find another game because they need to fill a psychological void they can't fill. You're actually dealing with someone with a slight mental illness in these cases, and that type of problem can't be solved racing, but with proper therapy.

If the BMW is a 335, I almost guarantee you he'll still be at it--maybe not with you, but someone else. The problem is much deeper than what's at the surface.
I'm not concerned about "beating him" in a race, or shutting him up. Im over that crap. I do however want to find out as much information about an individual who clearly has a problem so that if anything does happen I have some information that will aid me down the road.

I just knew with the way this guy was acting some people would know of him. Clearly that was the case.
Old June 15th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I'm not concerned about "beating him" in a race, or shutting him up. Im over that crap. I do however want to find out as much information about an individual who clearly has a problem so that if anything does happen I have some information that will aid me down the road.

I just knew with the way this guy was acting some people would know of him. Clearly that was the case.
I can see your point, but it's really easy to just ignore people like this and they go away. They only stick around if they feel they're getting a rise out of someone. It's the standard bullying mentality, except with 4 wheels, lol.
Old June 15th   #16
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Sounds like someone full of drama. Kinda like the people who talk bad about me but won't say a thing to my face. Same psychological profile as the bullys in high school--being aggressive to cover up for some sort of insecurity. Best just to leave him alone.
Doesn't surprise me. There's a lot of drama like this on there. Waste of time imo.
Which is what exactly? A bunch of grown men that feel the need to assert their 'strength'? There's people with exotic cars in town that are nicer to meet.

I think this entire thread is a example of the waste of time that the drama in the car scene can be.
You read into things to much.........lol. If you view it as humurous you wouldn't get near as frustrated with it. As for Clint trying to find dude, I know I hate it when people talk crap. If i can find them and shut them up it's kinda fun. I'm not going to go out my way to do this or waste a bunch of time but heck to each there own i guess.

What I clarifiy as the "hsvracing mafia" is a group that for the most part can spot almost anyone because there's active users all over the area. If I'm looking for an answer on who someones car is, how to fix something, etc. it's the place to ask it. Once again this is a great point in case.

Dude sold car, race won't happen.

/thread.

Old June 15th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
You read into things to much.........lol. If you view it as humurous you wouldn't get near as frustrated with it. As for Clint trying to find dude, I know I hate it when people talk crap. If i can find them and shut them up it's kinda fun. I'm not going to go out my way to do this or waste a bunch of time but heck to each there own i guess.

What I clarifiy as the "hsvracing mafia" is a group that for the most part can spot almost anyone because there's active users all over the area. If I'm looking for an answer on who someones car is, how to fix something, etc. it's the place to ask it. Once again this is a great point in case.

Dude sold car, race won't happen.

/thread.

No, I'm definitely not reading too much into it. That's the true nature behind what's going on. I find it humorous that grown adults or young adults feel that it's better to spend their time on drama than make something of themselves. And that's fine with me because it leaves the path wide open for those of us that do make things happen.

Yeah, I guess I'm different. I find it a waste of time 'shutting people up'. I don't find drama fun in any quantity. Probably because I have enough stuff going on in my life to occupy all my time.

The 'mafia' you describe sounds like a great bunch of people. And yet, they don't seem to be active in the greater enthusiast scene around here. I've always wondered about that...

I don't think this person will stop harassing people. They're being driven by something that has nothing to do with cars.
Old June 21st   #18
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

Quote:
No, I'm definitely not reading too much into it. That's the true nature behind what's going on. I find it humorous that grown adults or young adults feel that it's better to spend their time on drama than make something of themselves. And that's fine with me because it leaves the path wide open for those of us that do make things happen.

Yeah, I guess I'm different. I find it a waste of time 'shutting people up'. I don't find drama fun in any quantity. Probably because I have enough stuff going on in my life to occupy all my time.

The 'mafia' you describe sounds like a great bunch of people. And yet, they don't seem to be active in the greater enthusiast scene around here. I've always wondered about that...

I don't think this person will stop harassing people. They're being driven by something that has nothing to do with cars.
keyboard warriors FTW!!!!!!!!!
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st   #19
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Quote:

at any rate

/thread

Dead thread people - nobody likes a zombie
Old June 21st   #20
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Don't worry. I got this.