Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

The Speakerbox Fall Super Meet / Cruise-In
Calendar: Events Calendar
Beckham
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

October 6th 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: The Speakerbox, 2100 Highway 72 East, Huntsville, AL 35811

So here it is, guys! I will be adding info to this thread and vendors, cars, etc. get nailed down. Be prepared for another big one, though!

RSVP on the Facebook event as well!

http://www.facebook.com/events/450461028298927/

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

So I woke up 30 minutes late to the sound of my fiancée Susan telling me it's raining. I quickly checked the radar, and called Beck. He mentioned that it had rained about 10 min ago, but that the ground was just damp and the meet was still on. I saw on the infrared radar that it would be at least 6 hours before a big rain came, so I quickly got ready and headed out the door. On my way I ran across a pretty good shower in Madison. Usually, this means that Speakerbox would have had rain too, but this rain was only extending up from a shower just south of us and I knew it would be bone dry when I got there.

I arrived around 8:30am to already see the first line starting to be formed.

This year, parking was more carefully designed to hold the anticipatedly large crowd that has attended these events the last few times. Thanks to the new redesign, parking was quicker and used the space more optimally.

There were lots of vendors to check out including HCS sponsors In Depth Auto Detailing and Wheel Fix-It.

Even Mike from Jireh Customs was present with his latest work on a local and rare Volvo.

The RE Audio van was in front of the Speakerbox after its tour across the US. We should see a lot more of this van locally.

As usual there were a large number and variety of cars, including even more exotics than last year. The full roster included:

We even had a classic Porsche 930 turbo stop by that had well over 500whp.

People came from all over for the meet, and several cars were from surrounding metros like Birmingham and Nashville. And there were a lot of people from right here in Huntsville, like the dozens of members of Huntsville Car Scene.com. Several local groups rolled in together including the North Alabama Nissan group as well as the Huntsville Flat Four Subaru group.

And there were some great giveaways and raffles including some t-shirts delivered via the Speakerbox's own in-house fabricated t-shirt launcher.

Everyone expected it to be a lot warmer than it was, as the clouds kept the sky overcast all day. But this was actually a blessing to all the photographers out there, as it created the perfect soft light for taking pictures. And take pictures I did. There's almost 700 pieces of media for you to look at if you missed this event. And there's a lot of videos to bring the event to life.

I want to thank Beck and the staff at the Speakerbox for everything they did to make my day easier, and for helping unite the scene with events like this that we all enjoy. And a big thanks to all the volunteers that worked the event. You guys did a super job! See everyone at the next one! -- Samir
29 members will be attending this event:

Old October 9th   #201
1JZPWRD
1JZPWRD
has no status.

Anyone happen to get the video of me leaving? I had to leave the correct way out of the parking lot and not alot of people saw me leave. I did see one very small clip of five seconds that Samir got, but anyone get me coming back by? There were several people looking as we were coming back.. White SC400, silver wheels. Thanks...
1992 Lexus SC400 also known as "Sleeper", 1JZ swap, BW S366, Built R154, ACT clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MINZ fuel pressure reugulator, AEM gauges, AEM V2 standalone, HKS slip on, HKS BOV, and much more...
1JZPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th   #202
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD View Post
Anyone happen to get the video of me leaving? I had to leave the correct way out of the parking lot and not alot of people saw me leave. I did see one very small clip of five seconds that Samir got, but anyone get me coming back by? There were several people looking as we were coming back.. White SC400, silver wheels. Thanks...
I saw you come back by haha. I also saw you have to get on the brakes pretty hard.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th   #203
1JZPWRD
1JZPWRD
has no status.

Yeah I did. My stepson was like WOWWWW!!! Thanks for the upgraded brakes I just installed.. Almost hit the Ford !!!!
1992 Lexus SC400 also known as "Sleeper", 1JZ swap, BW S366, Built R154, ACT clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MINZ fuel pressure reugulator, AEM gauges, AEM V2 standalone, HKS slip on, HKS BOV, and much more...
1JZPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th   #204
ItsCarbonFiber
ItsCarbonFiber
Supercars are my thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisGT View Post
Looking forward to seeing your video, Clay!

Here's a few clips I grabbed.. I missed a lot of the good pull outs.

http://youtu.be/_FxQ7_e-u7A
I liked yours, Chris!

Your stang has a moment in it!
ItsCarbonFiber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th   #205
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
The only thing I'd say is your parking exit doesn't work for low cars. Harley's z06 was a no go and my mustang (not that low) drug the exhaust pretty good. But other than that, great meet and thanks for your effort and hard work.
Yeah, we're going to have to make provisions for that. The parking guys kept and eye out for that and let some of the low cars head out the front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Parker Photography album on Facebook of The Speakerbox Meet:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...8574853&type=1
Sweet. Too bad the non-fb'rs can only see the first page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckham View Post
Federal Low Speakerbox Meet album on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5082568&type=3
Not public album.
Old October 10th   #206
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Here's a great album by user blacksupra:
http://natureshots.smugmug.com/Cars/...5790523_254Zvv
Old October 13th   #207
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

...he should've spread out his focus on cars other than only exotics. But good pics nontheless. Who was the guy taking pics of people pulling in during early morning? I'd like to see his too
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th   #208
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
...he should've spread out his focus on cars other than only exotics. But good pics nontheless. Who was the guy taking pics of people pulling in during early morning? I'd like to see his too
To each there own......I know I only take pictures of things that interest me vs. taking pictures of everything I see.

That would be Evan. Some one already posted his pictures earlier. Look him up on facebook. NextGenPhoto's.

Last edited by EvilZ; October 15th at 07:12 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th   #209
gorkoracing
gorkoracing
soon....

Send a message via AIM to gorkoracing
Didn't take many pics but here's mine
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3435332&type=3
gorkoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th   #210
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Quote:
Samir shoots everything that moves at the events he goes to, the others are simply bonus. Samir does that because people come here to see everything that moved...one more time. Most of the people you see with DSLR's are simply "practicing" so the photos they take are going to be of what they like, and trying to show it how they see it.

Me included. I don't usually take photos of boring stuff at the shows and meets. Not to mention, the stuff that goes on my page is culled down a lot more than what I submit to Samir to put in galleries. It's never good to show all your work, rather than your best.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th   #211
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
He was only there a short time and a friend of one of the exotic owners, so that was probably his focus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
To each there own......I know I only take pictures of things that interest me vs. taking pictures of everything I see.
And that's what most people do. So there's 12 billion photos of the same car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkoracing View Post
Didn't take many pics but here's mine
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3435332&type=3
no love for the non-fb'ers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
Samir shoots everything that moves at the events he goes to, the others are simply bonus. Samir does that because people come here to see everything that moved...one more time. Most of the people you see with DSLR's are simply "practicing" so the photos they take are going to be of what they like, and trying to show it how they see it.

Me included. I don't usually take photos of boring stuff at the shows and meets. Not to mention, the stuff that goes on my page is culled down a lot more than what I submit to Samir to put in galleries. It's never good to show all your work, rather than your best.
Yep. I'm not creating art like most photographers are attempting to do--I'm creating massive editorial content that everyone at the event can enjoy. A newspaper on steroids. I try to get some artistic shots when the opportunity is there, but I'm not focusing on it like others are.

Showing your best images is crucial when showcasing your work. I have a portfolio of what I think is some of my 'best' work, but it hasn't been updated for the better part of a decade now. I'm just happy shots like this turn out as nice as they do:
Old October 20th   #212
JayMack75
JayMack75
www.showstopperz.net

Send a message via AIM to JayMack75 Send a message via Yahoo to JayMack75

Yeah, I probably should have posted this up in here a week or so ago, but I have been really busy at work. Check it out! Jennie got there a little late, but she did the best she could to cover it!
Old October 20th   #213
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post Jay! Better late than never as I always say.
Old October 20th   #214
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I just checked out the gallery and I think the first few pics are from the Madison Street Festival, which I didn't get out to. Feel free to post that gallery too!
Old October 24th   #215
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Video put together by ItsCarbonFiber! Thanks, Clay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VowT...Q&feature=plcp

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th   #216
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMack75 View Post

Yeah, I probably should have posted this up in here a week or so ago, but I have been really busy at work. Check it out! Jennie got there a little late, but she did the best she could to cover it!
First car to roll out of your old garage
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote