Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

36th Annual Alabama Championship Tractor and Truck Pull
Calendar: Events Calendar
Kornbred  
July 27th 07:00 PM to 10:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Tanner High School, 12060 Sommers Road Tanner, AL 35671
Contact: 256-431-1292 256-233-2153 256-232-8589 256-262-5158 www.midsouthpullers.com

From the flyer and web site:

Admission is $15 for adults and $10 for children 6-12. Children under 6 are free! Over $44,000 in payouts for the different classes.

"The Mid-South Pullers Association’s is headed to Tanner, Alabama for some more Alabama clay. This weekend, July 27th and 28th, the Tanner High School Quarterback Club will be hosting their annual “Alabama Championships” truck and tractor pull. The event will take place at 7:00 pm sharp each night at Tanner High School behind the football field. Tanner has been the recipient of the 2-Day Pull of the Year award many times so expect nothing but the best. The Tanner area is also home to many pullers such as Keith, Cody, & Shirley Haney, Louis & Leon Haney, and Tommy Williamson,"

Old July 26th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I went to the one in chapell hill, TN last weekend and had a blast. Apparently is one of the largest in the U.S. Defiantly something you need to check out once.
Old July 26th   #3
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Free to spectate? How are the boundaries around the track? Is it only bleacher seating or is it like a drag strip where you can stand behind a fence not too far off the track?
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #4
Kornbred
Kornbred
has no time for this forum stuff!

You can actually get pretty close to the track, addmission is probably $10.

http://youtu.be/zqhSqqC5pBg

1987 Grand National
2007 JK Rubicon / For Sale
2005 RAM 2500 C
2006 Jeep GC SRT8 / SOLD
2004 SRT-4 / SOLD
Kornbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th   #5
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Woops, I guess I should have read. Looks to be 15 bucks on the flyer. I guess i'll decide tomorrow as I head out of work haha.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th   #6
Kornbred
Kornbred
has no time for this forum stuff!

As redneck as a tractor pull may seem, it's definitely impressive to see the machines run!
Anyone who claims to be a gear head would have to enjoy seeing a diesel powered tractor running 3 or 4 turbos with over 100 psi of boost and making about 2000 hp go down the track.

1987 Grand National
2007 JK Rubicon / For Sale
2005 RAM 2500 C
2006 Jeep GC SRT8 / SOLD
2004 SRT-4 / SOLD
Kornbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you so much for the post! I wish I would have seen this earlier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
Free to spectate? How are the boundaries around the track? Is it only bleacher seating or is it like a drag strip where you can stand behind a fence not too far off the track?
I noticed my parent's hotel is listed as one of the host hotels so I probably could have scored you some free admission if I would have seen this sooner. But this is a yearly event, so I'll have to keep it in mind for next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kornbred View Post
As redneck as a tractor pull may seem, it's definitely impressive to see the machines run!
Anyone who claims to be a gear head would have to enjoy seeing a diesel powered tractor running 3 or 4 turbos with over 100 psi of boost and making about 2000 hp go down the track.
It definitely is. 6spd_Hayes covered the event one year and sent me a bunch of pictures. I have to get all this old media back on the site too.
Old July 29th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I found some media from the event:
http://hookmagazine.exposuremanager....nner_mspa_2012