Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old July 30th   #1
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Nsra nat

just wondering if anybody is going up for this.10,000 cars,500 vendors AND a swapmeet? and HEAT!!!!!

Last edited by b.a.king; July 30th at 08:28 PM.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st   #2
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

We usually go every year. We really have a great time. New products, lots of vendors and the swap meet. Not to mention the 10,000+ rides. This will be the first year in awhile that we are not going. Instead, for a change, we are going to the Frog Follies in Evansville, IN the end of August. A true pre '48 street rod event.
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st   #3
LastChance
LastChance

The show (or NSRA) has actually opened to anything that over 25 years old (someone please correct me if I am wrong). This is definitely on my bucket list to do but with the Ardmore Show the very next weekend, I just cannot take the time to go. I will one day though. I do know that Hargrove and that bunch is going up this Wednesday to the Nats and a few others from Ardmore are going later this week, It should be fun.

Coupe mention the Frog Follies, now this is a true pre-48 show and I have heard great things about it. Again another bucket list item.

I also want to hit the Emerald Coast Cruise, Speedweek at the Salt Flats, Cruizin the Coast, Good Guys @ Charlotte / Indy / Columbus / Texas / one in California, Hershey, Carlisle, and I would like to take about 2 weeks off and just drive across the country.

After that I will sell all my hot rod stuff and just make fun of people. LOL.
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.king View Post
just wondering if anybody is going up for this.10,000 cars,500 vendors AND a swapmeet? and HEAT!!!!!
Got a link for event info? Sounds massive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChance View Post
...and I would like to take about 2 weeks off and just drive across the country.
I've done this and it's a blast. It took me 3 weeks to drive from SF, CA back to Athens, AL via the Grand Canyon, Route 66, Dallas, Houston, MS and the Emerald Coast, Pensacola, and then back home. I still have a lot of cool pics from this trip I need to post (along with all the other thousands of images I'm behind on posting. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastChance View Post
After that I will sell all my hot rod stuff and just make fun of people. LOL.
Something tells me that you'll never be able to get out of hot rodding...or making fun of people, lol.
Old August 1st   #5
LastChance
LastChance

www.nsra-usa.com/

http://nsra-usa.com/Events/#

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Got a link for event info? Sounds massive!
I've done this and it's a blast. It took me 3 weeks to drive from SF, CA back to Athens, AL via the Grand Canyon, Route 66, Dallas, Houston, MS and the Emerald Coast, Pensacola, and then back home. I still have a lot of cool pics from this trip I need to post (along with all the other thousands of images I'm behind on posting. )
Something tells me that you'll never be able to get out of hot rodding...or making fun of people, lol.
LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st   #6
coupemama
coupemama
has no status.

For many years this NSRA was for pre '49s (street rods only); then a few years back opened up thru 1972. We love street rods, but throw a few '70s Cudas and Challengers in and it is a great variety. Marsha
coupemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th   #7
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupemama View Post
For many years this NSRA was for pre '49s (street rods only); then a few years back opened up thru 1972. We love street rods, but throw a few '70s Cudas and Challengers in and it is a great variety. Marsha
they opened it up to anything 30 years old and older it moves up each year. (1982) this year, close to 10,000 cars. about a 1000 inside vendors. great times

Last edited by b.a.king; August 5th at 06:00 PM.
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote