Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Old December 6th   #1
call me mr grinch
call me mr grinch
has no status.

Talking local clubs going to distant shows

Are any of the "top notch" car clubs ging to any far away shows in the '05 season, like SHOWFEST, GATOR DRAG, BLOOD DRAG, SLAMMIN-N-JAMMIN, etc ? I was just curious...
call me mr grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I know some people head out to Slammin-N-Jammin because it's so close by, but I haven't even heard of the others.
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th   #3
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

wheres snj? Im always down for a car show
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th   #4
The Prez.
The Prez.
has no status.

Slammin and Jammin is in Lebanon, TN. Showfest is in Greenville, MS. The others I really don't know about.
The Prez. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

How good is the Greenville one? I know what Slammin and Jammin is like, and it usually is pretty good, although more on the truck side.
Old January 17th   #6
The Prez.
The Prez.
has no status.

The last 2 Showfest in Greenville have been great. It's like a melting pot show. Alot of cars from the East Coast, with just as many from the West. The number of magazine quality vehicle on the showgrounds is amazing. They don't have a stereo competion, so it's just show what you brung and enjoy the weekend. The cruise scene is awesome. They allow you get out on the highway and just do just about anything but burn out. So you can try to fight the traffic or just set around and watch 4-800 of the baddest rides drag, hop, three-wheel, etc. down the highway, with 10-20,000 people !!! It's has been rated the best show for the last 2 years by many of the top magazines.
Old January 17th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Wow that sounds really cool! How do they get the whole highway like that? Is it official or do they just cruise down it? It sure would be nice to have something like that around here.
Old January 17th   #8
The Prez.
The Prez.
has no status.

We have been told that this is the largest single income that the local people have all year. The club that puts it all on is Assorted Miniatures (I think clubassorted.com). I guess they get permission from the local government, to have them let us run amuck in their town. This is somewhat similar to what Slammin' and Jammin' is except they aren't as forgiving up there in TN. I talked with a local Sherrif up there last year and he said that the city of Lebanon had over 92% of their force on the srtip that Saturday night, and had like rented the next 3 closest counties of deputies. Showfest is the greatest show that I have been to in the last several years. It is a mix of everything, euro, mini-truck, fullsize(low and high), and old school too, but it's really the best quality that you'll ever see in one place.
Old January 17th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Sounds like a very unique event with the best of the best for all. You know where we can see any pics?
Old January 17th   #10
The Prez.
The Prez.
has no status.

Most of the big car websites had pictures. Sportruck.com, layinbody.com, streetsource.com. It's even supposed to be bigger and better this year.
Old January 17th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Cool. I'll check it out when I get a chance. I checked out www.clubassorted.com too, but they didn't have pics.
Old January 24th   #12
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

Send a message via AIM to Nevr2loS10
hey all of us mini truckers from the huntsville to birmingham area are goin to all the shows listed above..were all not a club yet but will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-20 cruisin up together if your lookin to go
Nevr2loS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th   #13
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

oh and blood drag is in live oak florida some of our guys are goin to that

Body dropped 84 s10 and 20s for sale hit me up if interested
Old January 24th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Where do you plan to meet up? I may not go, but I can take a few pics of the crew going up.
Old January 26th   #15
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

who knows too soon to tell...hey samir how come you still havent posted the pics and vid from when you came out to the car show in new hope with us that time a while back?

Old January 26th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by krs02noma
who knows too soon to tell...hey samir how come you still havent posted the pics and vid from when you came out to the car show in new hope with us that time a while back?
I have a ton of pics that have yet to be posted, many from last year. The goal is to get them up asap, but so is getting the site completed. Of course, I also need to clear the current 10 day backlog. It keeps me busy, I can say that much.
Old January 27th   #17
The Prez.
The Prez.
has no status.

Samir, You just keep up the great work !!! I think you do an outstanding job. Thanks for all that you do.
Old January 27th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you. I try to do my best. Even when you've dedicated your life to it, there is so much going on that it is difficult to get a grasp on all of it.

Part of completing the site will involve recruiting a staff to help with the site. But I still have to think of the compensation packages considering I currently don't have any cash flow.
Old January 27th   #19
The Prez.
The Prez.
has no status.

Well I don't know much, but anything I can do to help just let me know. My crew and I will do what we can.
Dirty South Customs "If it ain't DIRTY, it ain't clean."
Old January 27th   #20
Nevr2loS10
Nevr2loS10
has no status.

samir ill help ya out anyway i can man i take good pics when i go to shows and will do it for free...just the recognition for takin em

hey the prez did you get that email i sent your way?..tryin to contact you to see if you remember who i am or not and to try and get u and ur crew to come chill with ours hit me up on aim if u have it nevr2los10

Last edited by Nevr2loS10; January 27th at 08:43 PM.