Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Little River Canyon Cruise 2012
Calendar: Events Calendar
clintjohns  
November 17th 08:30 AM to 05:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Meet at by 8:30a at 100 Jetplex Blvd. SW, Huntsville, AL 35824

This will be the 3rd year in a row that we will be doing the LRC drive. Here is what I'm thinking as far as loctions to meet and times

Alabama and Auburn both play cake teams so that's the reason this date was picked.

8:30 AM - MEET UP AT THE CARS AND COFFEE EVENT ON JETPLEX BLVD AND LEAVE FROM THERE AROUND 9:00 AM
(Collaborations CDC, 100 Jetplex Blvd. SW, Huntsville, AL 35824)

11:00 PM - ARRIVE AT THE CANYON PARKING LOT AND GROUP UP. MAYBE WALK DOWN TO THE FALLS AND DO A GROUP PHOTO

WHEN EVERYBODY IS DONE LOOKING AROUND WE WILL DRIVE THE CANYON PKWY AND END UP AT THE CANYON MOUTH PARK WHERE WE WILL SNACK AND BENCH RACE

2:30 PM AT THE LATEST LEAVE THE PARK AND TAKE THE BACK ROADS TO GUNTERSVILLE TO HAVE A NICE MEAL AT TOP OF THE RIVER WITH A POSSIBLE DETOUR TO THE OLD MONTE SANO 4 LANE HWY TO STRETCH OUR LEGS A LITTLE.

MAP OF THE LOCATIONS AND ROUTES IN BETWEEN
http://goo.gl/maps/rYq67

This will be a nice drive on a nice Saturday afternoon by a variety of car types. Classics to current, import to domestic. Come join us!

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

13 members will be attending this event:

Old August 23rd   #2
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

I thought we would utilize the cars and coffee event for our meeting spot this year. Will be an easy place to exit to 565 also
Old August 23rd   #3
06 Blue Devil
06 Blue Devil
is tired

In
Old August 24th   #4
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Sounds like a really fun time! I like the idea of hitting the Cars and Coffee beforehand. It is a really great place without much traffic. Plus lots of cool cars to convince to join us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Blue Devil View Post
In
Be sure to mark yourself as attending!
Old August 24th   #5
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

HSV RACING THREAD ABOUT THE EVENT - http://www.hsvracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49271
Old August 24th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintjohns View Post
HSV RACING THREAD ABOUT THE EVENT - http://www.hsvracing.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=49271

Last edited by EvilZ; August 24th at 11:37 AM.
EvilZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you! Added to the event listing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post

I need to stress this point now that I've looked at the discussion in that thread--if there will be any dangerous activities, then this event will be deleted from HCS. I don't want the HCS name associated with anything that can get someone hurt.

It is also important to note that a person organizing an event is actually personally liable for what happens at the event. Something to keep in mind before someone plows into an embankment and their wife sues in court. Then the fun's over for sure.
Old August 24th   #8
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

I don't know what you read, or what you read into but danger is not what this drive is about
Old August 24th   #9
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you! Added to the event listing.
personally liable .
I know what your getting at - but there is very little difference in this an the Vettes with Vets cruise or the British Motoring Cruise. If everybody acts like adults everything is fine.

Public roads, private insurance, non endorsement
Old August 25th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I don't know what you read, or what you read into but danger is not what this drive is about
Here's what I read that alarmed me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93redgt
im in .....i had a blast the one i went to.....are we gonna haul again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ
Try not to act as stupid as we did last time we all went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FAST2C
Think i had last years speed record, albeit leaving the park not through the canyon lol. That road back out to 35 is long and straight. Did 120 for a while before i had to slow down.
Quote:
I know what your getting at - but there is very little difference in this an the Vettes with Vets cruise or the British Motoring Cruise. If everybody acts like adults everything is fine.

Public roads, private insurance, non endorsement
The difference is that both those organizations have an insurance policy for their club in case something does go wrong. I'm only pointing it out because I'd hate to see someone destroy your life with a lawsuit when you were trying to set up a good time for everyone.

I know you've got good judgment, so I'm not worried too worried. Just don't want it to become a 'full retard' run.
Old August 25th   #11
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

No retards allowed
Old August 25th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
No retards allowed
lol. You know what I mean.
Old August 27th   #13
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

So I posed this question to another board and made a call to a lawyer friend. Got some interesting takes on it, bottom line as long as i'm not encouraging crazy acts then I will be fine. If I was setting up an underground race from point A to B is where an issue would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Steelers View Post
You wouldn't think a group of friends with similar interests out driving together would not have anything to worry about, but in today's society, who knows?!? As long as you are not promoting anything that could cause someone to drive like an idiot, I wouldn't worry about it much.

Besides, if I wreck on my way to work, I can't sue my employer....although maybe I should be able to.....my employer is the one who organized this get together here in the building starting promptly at 8am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
I didn't know this was even an issue? Just go have fun and be safe....thats what matters. If someone wrecks or causes a wreck then that person is held liable for their actions.....not just because you had a get together.

But if you're that scared then just don't do it and go out for a drive on your own.

BTW, I wish the Cruze wagon was going to be released here.....I'd own one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjunRAIV View Post
Technically, anyone can sue you over anything. Just have fun.

Game on - Who's IN
Old August 27th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Have fun, be safe.
Old August 27th   #15
Troy Denby
Troy Denby
has no status.

Back in the spring I bought a Miata..whooo....you wouldnt believe the flak I got from that...It was all in good fun though...Ive enjoyed the little car. parts are cheap, it responds well to mods and it is quite a departure from my regular fare of 1500 chevys...

My grandson loves the little car, he is 12 and ive let him drive it in big empty parking lots...

I want to go on this run with him and hopefully introduce him to an community of people with like interests and fan the fire of the car guy all young men have inside..

But Im not interested in getting drilled off the road by a car with 4 times the horsepower driven by some idiot with something to prove...thats about as plainly put as it can get...and I know several folks who would bring out some really nice rides, but are a bit put off by some of the earlier runs....

Not hatin'....just statin'
Troy Denby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Denby View Post
Back in the spring I bought a Miata..whooo....you wouldnt believe the flak I got from that...It was all in good fun though...Ive enjoyed the little car. parts are cheap, it responds well to mods and it is quite a departure from my regular fare of 1500 chevys...

My grandson loves the little car, he is 12 and ive let him drive it in big empty parking lots...

I want to go on this run with him and hopefully introduce him to an community of people with like interests and fan the fire of the car guy all young men have inside..

But Im not interested in getting drilled off the road by a car with 4 times the horsepower driven by some idiot with something to prove...thats about as plainly put as it can get...and I know several folks who would bring out some really nice rides, but are a bit put off by some of the earlier runs....

Not hatin'....just statin'
Welcome to the import world Troy! Glad you're enjoying your zoom-zoom. Now you know why these little cars are still sought after even today.

This cruise is full people that will help fan those flames that consume each of us as enthusiasts. Your grandson will be in good company.

And you won't have to worry about being driven off the road or anyone driving like they're having to prove anything--this isn't that type of event and never has been. It's for people who enjoy the drive and meeting new people and adventures along the way. It will be great to have you along so mark yourself as attending.
Old August 28th   #17
clintjohns
clintjohns
ROLL TIDE

Couldn't have said it better Samir. Look forward to having you Troy. If people are going to act like that then they will be asked to not join us on this trip. I don't intend on any big speed, just a nice pace that makes for a nice drive with some great people
Old August 28th   #18
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better Samir. Look forward to having you Troy. If people are going to act like that then they will be asked to not join us on this trip. I don't intend on any big speed, just a nice pace that makes for a nice drive with some great people
I remember last year's event and knew that's what you wanted for this year's event. Sounds be a great time.
Old August 28th   #19
naikaidriver
naikaidriver
Finally home for a while!

Count me in for this cruise! Not like I needed another excuse to go back up there!

Scott
naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th   #20
BLACKIE66
BLACKIE66
has no status.

I have been both years the first time i broke down on the road just before the canyon. The fan belt broke buddy went back down and found me one install but i was 90 min. Behind so my buddy went back too town had a great meal we had a good time last year made the whold trip enjoy it looking too this year my buddy from mississippi coming over
BLACKIE66 is offline   Reply With Quote