Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old September 4th   #1
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Lowering springs installation

So I'm ordering lowering springs for the Mazda6 this week and in need of someone who can install them. I know of a couple shops who will do it for an alright price, but if I can find someone who does this type stuff on the side I'd be GREATLY appreciated! If yall know of someone who does, or of any shops that will for under $200 pleeease let me know. Or if any of yall do car work on the side and are willing to go at it lol
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th   #2
cheesepuff
cheesepuff
Says Roll Tide!!!

Munchie on here did mine for my lincoln, but im not sure he has any spare time with work and his photography business... Maybe he will chime in.. ( he knows what he is doing and i would recommend him to all my friends)
cheesepuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th   #3
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
BoostFab on here could probably do them.

I'd also recommend The Fiero Factory if BoostFab can't get to it.

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV

Last edited by Beckham; September 4th at 09:17 PM.
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th   #4
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Thanks cheesepuff hopefully he'll see this thread. Beckham, I got your email.....that was me (Virginia) about the springs on the '08 Mazda6 lol......and I messaged BoostFab yesterday and Fiero Factory replied but out of my price range, but thank ya
Old September 5th   #5
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

You'll be hard pressed to find a shop to do it under 200 dollars. It takes a few hours.
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
You'll be hard pressed to find a shop to do it under 200 dollars. It takes a few hours.
This.
Old September 5th   #7
Reckon
Reckon
so...

Is there a local Mazda forum you can ask? Might be some folks who have done it on other Mazda's that can probably help? Iwould but I have no idea on springs...I have some inkling on how to do it on my car, but I didn't go that route as I am already low enough as it is (have scraped my front splitter like 6 times already)!
Old September 5th   #8
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Not that I can find There aren't too many modded 6's. It's rare to find us lol. And yea S2K's are pretty low stock lol....I'm assuming you meant that and not the MX5
Old September 5th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

$200 is a really low price point for all 4. But it's usually not that hard if you have a factory service manual. I would say if you're willing to try, do it yourself.
Old September 5th   #10
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

It is really low I know lol. And I want to install them ourselves but Marcus doesn't feel comfortable with just jackstands and the possibility of the stock springs popping out at us -__-
Old September 5th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Yeah, I hear you on that. The main thing is to have the right instructions. I learned on my Altima that if I replaced the strut with the spring, there was no need to even use a spring compressor. Little tid-bits like this can help.

Is there not anyone in the Mazda 6 community that's nearby that's done it? That would be what I'd do. It might be a drive, but it would be a good time wrenching on the car with some friends.
Old September 5th   #12
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Nope. We're in the small crowd of modded cars lol and I haven't seen any others here. There's a sexy white Speed6 creeping around the Madison area time to time but that's about it aside from us 2. And howwww did you do that without a spring compressor??

Last edited by ginia; September 5th at 12:57 PM.
Old September 5th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I actually never did the job. I read up on it forever in the Nissan FSM and still have the springs and struts waiting to be installed. I was going to shop around for a shop until I realized I could do the whole thing myself if I did it at once.

I think I left off where I was looking for a good alignment place since that's something you should have done after. I only recently found out about that a few years back. Now, it's just time that I don't have to do it.
Old September 5th   #14
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Oh ok. I'd like to know how you'll do that without a spring compressor, when you get around to it....out of curiosity lol. And yes, definitely 100% make sure you get an alignment after you lower it. All Tune and Lube on 72 in Madison I think does alignments. He told me they'd install my springs so I'm assuming they'd align too. NTB will but I didn't ask how much
Old September 5th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

On the 1st Gen Altima, you remove the shock/strut as an assembly and then separate them on a bench with a spring compressor, etc. But if you're replacing both, you can just put them together and swap one assembly for the other. I'm sure most cars aren't like that though.

All Tune and Lube is managed by a very experienced enthusiast--Victor. That's his Galant VR4 you see out in front and he build the fastest VR4 in the nation at one point. He's well versed in cars, so he'd be a great person to take the job to. Tell him Samir sent you.
Old September 6th   #16
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

I didn't see the man's name that was working the front desk the other day, but he did say he'd install them just for labor, so no tax or other charges. $200 total
Old September 6th   #17
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
All Tune and Lube is managed by a very experienced enthusiast--Victor. That's his Galant VR4 you see out in front and he build the fastest VR4 in the nation at one point. He's well versed in cars, so he'd be a great person to take the job to. Tell him Samir sent you.
So that's where Victor went!

Does he still have his Evo VII?

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th   #18
Reckon
Reckon
so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
Not that I can find There aren't too many modded 6's. It's rare to find us lol. And yea S2K's are pretty low stock lol....I'm assuming you meant that and not the MX5
Haha, yeah, my S. The MX5 is actually my wife's fun car but I think I drive it around more than she does.
Old September 6th   #19
Munchie
Munchie
is purging all the poo out of his life!

Send a message via AIM to Munchie
Message sent! I can pretty much undercut just about anyone on pricing...seeing as I do it for fun mostly!lol
04 Chevy Trailblazer EXT-family ride
06 Joyner 650 Sand Spider-The Buggy
68 VW Rail Buggy-CNC rail conversion 44" Rear Paddles
85 19ft Bayliner Capri
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th   #20
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Replied back! My day has been made bc of you lol. I shall be rolling in the Speakerbox meet with moar low =D =D =D