Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old September 18th   #1
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Heading to North GA this weekend, anyone else?

I'm going out to the WannaGoFast event this weekend if anyone wants to follow/trail/ride with. Going to book a room at Days Inn I believe for 50 bucks and the entrance is 15 to the show. The event is in Clayton, GA (about as North as possible). I'm hoping to get media access if there is any, but I will be shooting the event in some fashion even if I don't. Looking for other photographers to join me, but anyone is welcome.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th   #2
GrantH
GrantH

Event begins at 7am (roughly) and I will be leaving in time to get there for that time without needing a hotel for the night. Basically, I'm leaving at 2amnSaturday morning if anyone cares to follow.
Old September 19th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantH View Post
I'm going out to the WannaGoFast event this weekend if anyone wants to follow/trail/ride with. Going to book a room at Days Inn I believe for 50 bucks and the entrance is 15 to the show. The event is in Clayton, GA (about as North as possible). I'm hoping to get media access if there is any, but I will be shooting the event in some fashion even if I don't. Looking for other photographers to join me, but anyone is welcome.
Quote:
Event begins at 7am (roughly) and I will be leaving in time to get there for that time without needing a hotel for the night. Basically, I'm leaving at 2amnSaturday morning if anyone cares to follow.
I can get deep discounts at Days Inns, so let me know if you need a place to stay. I've posted in the shootout thread about media passes since you're covering the event for HCS--hopefully they have them.
Old September 19th   #4
GrantH
GrantH

I got a room for 60 bucks at some hotel out there. I forget the name lol. Think it was the Days Inn.
Old September 21st   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

That's a pretty standard deal if it's $60+tax. Did you tell them you had a AAA or any other discount? You should be able to get $60 out-the-door.
Old September 21st   #6
GrantH
GrantH

Was like 61.50 total. Even if it's normal rate, it's going to be worth every dime spent. My monopod and tilt head just came in and well...I can't use the language it properly deserves, on this forum.
Old September 21st   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Was like 61.50 total. Even if it's normal rate, it's going to be worth every dime spent. My monopod and tilt head just came in and well...I can't use the language it properly deserves, on this forum.
That's a pretty good deal for sure. The new toys must be fun!