Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old September 24th   #1
naikaidriver
naikaidriver
Finally home for a while!

Brought the FRS to the Dragon!

Well after turning over 1500 miles on the odometer, my wife and I brought the FRS to the Dragon for the weekend!

What a blast this car was to drive on this marvelous stretch of road! We made sure to get there really early to minimize the traffic and we were rewarded with 3 full runs and only having to slow down a few times.

(for you law enforcement types, I NEVER exceded 30mph! <wink>)

We couldn't have asked for a better day to run highway 129 and the surrounding roads no could have taken a better car in my humble opinion.

I tried it with different settings on the stability and traction control and with it completely off for one of the runs which after a few heart-attacks from my wife I switched it back to sport mode so she would stop white-knuckling the arm-rest handle and relax a little. In all, she was a good sport and let me concentrate on negotiating the turns while experimenting with the car.

One thing I can definitely say about the FRS is that I will never again complain about the lack of power when driving this car the way it was built to be driven. The chassis sorts out bumps and elevation changes with ease and the stock rubber lets you know very early when the car is approaching its limits. The power-level on the car certainly keeps you out of trouble if you decide to get too agressive and when the rear does step out, its much more forgiving (if you're paying attention and don't overreact) than my old MR-2 turbo or BMW 325ci. Its light, responsive and not to mention elicited a LOT of looks out there!

In all I just love the car more than ever and the whole trip was a complete blast! Here are a few pics that I purchased from killboy. After reviewing all of the pics from the various photographers that were camped out there, I liked his the best. I have one more from 129Slayer that shows the inside-front wheel almost lifting off the ground in one corner but and when I can download it, I will post it as well.

Scott

naikaidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #2
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

You should try out Old Copper Road by the Ocoee River/Whitewater Kayak spot. It's a lot of fun as well.

Last edited by GrantH; September 24th at 12:55 PM.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #3
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

DG is the best. EVAR. First time I went I fell in love with my car all over again. Went back this past July and enjoyed it as much as the first time. Though I gotta admit I kept it above 30 lol. 129 is too fun of a road to go the speed limit when there's little to no traffic. Flame me if you want but I don't care lol
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #4
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
DG is the best. EVAR. First time I went I fell in love with my car all over again. Went back this past July and enjoyed it as much as the first time. Though I gotta admit I kept it above 30 lol. 129 is too fun of a road to go the speed limit when there's little to no traffic. Flame me if you want but I don't care lol
This one is around the Ocoee. GA60, a sweet road

nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #5
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.

Oops... sorry about that huge image.
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th   #6
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

GA60 is fun, as is all of 64 between Clayton and Cleveland. So many great roads in that part of the country. 64 had zero cops or anything law related on it all the way through for me. 88 miles of pure dowhateveryouwant.

Last edited by GrantH; September 24th at 04:52 PM.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Very cool! It's really great to hear the car really lives up to it's online reputation. Finally! A fun, affordable car is here again!

There's so many great roads around our area. I have yet to take my fiancee on them since we've just been too busy, but I know the second we take off 10mi outside the city and she sees the natural beauty around us combined with the fun roads, she'll really, really know what I love about living here.
Old September 26th   #8
naikaidriver
naikaidriver

Here are a few more pics I just received.

Old September 26th   #9
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

I'll have to check out GA60. And beautiful Ducati! I want a 999

FRS has a bit more body roll than I would've thought coming out of that curve. But not too shabby
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th   #10
Beckham
Beckham
is at our new location in MADISON now!
Huntsville Car Scene Staff and Site Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Beckham
That looks like so much fun!

www.facebook.com/TheSpeakerboxHSV
Beckham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th   #11
2SSRSinBama
2SSRSinBama
is stimulating the economy through burned rubber!!!

my buddy just got back from taking his '12 Triumph Street Triple up there... he had a lot of fun and said he only saw one totaled '13 GT500 and a couple of wrecked out Gixxers... which isn't bad for a trip to the Dragon, I saw a new vette, a Rx8, and a Golf Gti totaled on my last trip, lol... and no less than 5 bikes off the road

you can usually count a hand full of Gixxers alone up there that are crashed
Headers(no cats), Catback, CAI, SLP UD Pullies, Ported TB, tune
2SSRSinBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th   #12
naikaidriver
naikaidriver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginia View Post
I'll have to check out GA60. And beautiful Ducati! I want a 999

FRS has a bit more body roll than I would've thought coming out of that curve. But not too shabby
Because I only have stills and no video you're not quite getting the whole story. The pictures that I selected are showing the car at maximum lean before the car starts to slide. The tires were vehemently complaining in each of these corners.

Like you said though, not too shabby for a fresh off the showroom car under $28k!

Thanks for the compliments on the pics everyone! Next time there will be video!

Scott
Old October 5th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Awesome stuff!

I saw the car at the Speakerbox earlier tonight. It's even nicer than I remembered.