Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old December 18th   #1
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Anniversary ideas?

My bf and I are having our 1 year anniversary in a few weeks and I still don't really know Huntsville that well, and I'm wondering if yall know of any good places we could go too after dinner? Like maybe somewhere with some amazing desserts. Or something we could do. I don't know where we're going before dinner, nor do I know where we're eating....he thinks he's being sneaky. So you may name where we're eating, for a dessert idea haha.

Only thing, wherever yall name, it needs to be pavement everywhere and not in a bad area since we'll be driving a friends Bentley Flying Spur The only thing I do know about that night -_-
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th   #2
AWDani
AWDani
is in full on mod mode.

I would go out to Providence and have dessert at Grille 29. It's a very nice restaurant- they have some of the best Crme Brle! Can't really go wrong with anything there though. And it very much has a "special place" feel to it.

Tomei Titanium Xpreme - AMS downpipe - AMS test pipe - Cobb Stage 2 - Rally Armor - Gram Lights 57D
AWDani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th   #3
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Sweet I'll see if we can go there afterwards. Thanks
Old December 19th   #4
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.

Your in luck. Every restaurant that I have been to in Huntsville has a paved parking lot also. Grille 29 does have a killer desert.
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #5
LagoGarda
LagoGarda
is back from trip to Lago Garda.

Dessert at the Melting Pot is not bad..it would be the only thing I would go there for though.
The New Yorker at Famous Joes Pizza is a killer dessert, but not an anniversary atmosphere...you'll need to order just one..
LagoGarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #6
GrantH
GrantH
aka GrantYoungPhotography
Huntsville Car Scene Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagoGarda View Post
Dessert at the Melting Pot is not bad..it would be the only thing I would go there for though.
The New Yorker at Famous Joes Pizza is a killer dessert, but not an anniversary atmosphere...you'll need to order just one..
My Aunt and I ate at the melting pot not long ago. It was really good, and dessert was best. Grille 29 is top notch on all fronts as well. Very good food...and they actually know how to cook scallops.
GrantH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cryer View Post
Your in luck. Every restaurant that I have been to in Huntsville has a paved parking lot also.

Grill 29 or the melting pot were the first two that came to mind.

I'd prolly lean toward Grill 29 if I was concerned about parking.
Old December 20th   #8
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Cryer View Post
Your in luck. Every restaurant that I have been to in Huntsville has a paved parking lot also. Grille 29 does have a killer desert.
Thank you smartass lol I was just pointing out my concern of taking care of his car lol. We'll probably go to Grille 29 since that seems to be the most stated.
Old December 24th   #9
k9racer
k9racer
has no status.

Thia Garden has Very good Lychee also their Rambutan is sweet, custard and Mango are good............................ Nothing but Noodles has great key lime pie,Their cannoli are like Chicago made,And they have a triple layer choclate cake....................... Another place that is carry out carry is the cafe lemon bleu on university that has a good selection..................................... Or last to be on the safe side. Drive that Bentley on down to krispy kreme donuts on North parkway open 24 hours they always have a big selection that is fresh. The last time I was down at this place they had good paving in the parking lot and drive through. good security because cops get donuts at a discount price less chance of getting the Bentley jacked................ Down side ...............................NOT conducive to romance............... Happy First.and many more to come.
k9racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th   #10
1JZPWRD
1JZPWRD
has no status.

Melting Pot a good place to eat???? What?? Are you all serious??? That is a rip off. Have to cook your own food for that kind of prices? The desserts are almost 20 bucks on top of that.. No way, no how. I would rather go to Ruth Chris or Grill 29 that everyone seems to agree on. Me and the wife went and spent 57 bucks on dinner for 2 with one dessert. Sorry Ginia, but I had to say something.

What have you decided on, narrowed it down yet?
1992 Lexus SC400 also known as "Sleeper", 1JZ swap, BW S366, Built R154, ACT clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MINZ fuel pressure reugulator, AEM gauges, AEM V2 standalone, HKS slip on, HKS BOV, and much more...
1JZPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th   #11
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Thanks Mark! No sorries needed lol. I told Marcus I wanna go to Grill 29 for dessert, unless we think the dessert at ? restaraunt is better or just as good. If I knew where he's taking us I'd say so, and get yalls opinions on desserts there
Old December 26th   #12
1JZPWRD
1JZPWRD
has no status.

Thanks for understanding my frustration. . Lol.

Congratulations on the one year anniversary. May you two have many, many more!!!
1992 Lexus SC400 also known as "Sleeper", 1JZ swap, BW S366, Built R154, ACT clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MINZ fuel pressure reugulator, AEM gauges, AEM V2 standalone, HKS slip on, HKS BOV, and much more...
1JZPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th   #13
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

Thanks!! And thanks to everyone else too