Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Huntsville Vintage Motorcycles Gathering
Calendar: Events Calendar
RDO FLR  
January 19th to December 21st 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Red Robin Gourmet Burgers‎, 2720 Carl T Jones Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
Contact: Charles Quillen 2563748113

Monthly meeting of Vintage Bike enthusiasts. Location changes each month, so watch for monthly postings. Ride, or load your vintage bike in your truck, and meet others with vintage/classic motorcycles.

Contact:Charles Quillen

District Sales Manager



Cell ( 256)374-8113

cquillen@weldquip.com
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Thank you for the post! Post the various locations in this thread and I'll update the listing.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th   #3
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
This is a great group of guys with some really cool old bikes. I will be there with the XS Bobber, hope to see everyone there to support a new club.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th   #4
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
This weeks meeting 2/16.2013 will be at Barely Legal Bikes in Athens on HWY 72 at 10am. There will be a dyno available to run your Vintage bike. So if your on a Vintage ride, or have one, or would just like to have one, come hang out.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lowghia View Post
This weeks meeting 2/16.2013 will be at Barely Legal Bikes in Athens on HWY 72 at 10am. There will be a dyno available to run your Vintage bike. So if your on a Vintage ride, or have one, or would just like to have one, come hang out.
This had to be really cool! I hate that I missed it. Definitely keep posting updates and now that I'm back in the states, I'll be able to quickly update the listing.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st   #6
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Will do Samir. This is a brand new club, so we are moving the meeting around to different locations everyweek to try to get as much area participation as possibe. We will always meet around 10 am 3rd SAT of every month. We already have several members, not bad for a motorcycle club started in the winter, and I'm sure we will generate much more interest as the weather warms up. Hope to see you at one of the coming meetings.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lowghia View Post
Will do Samir. This is a brand new club, so we are moving the meeting around to different locations everyweek to try to get as much area participation as possibe. We will always meet around 10 am 3rd SAT of every month. We already have several members, not bad for a motorcycle club started in the winter, and I'm sure we will generate much more interest as the weather warms up. Hope to see you at one of the coming meetings.
Very cool. Keep me in the loop and I'll definitely try to come out to a meeting.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #8
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
This weeks (March 16th) Meet up/ cruise in will be at Knuckleheads in Madison at 10:30 am. So if you have an old or older bike, or you are just interested in vintage motorcycles, please come by and check out this club. Hope to see many folks out in the spring weather.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lowghia View Post
This weeks (March 16th) Meet up/ cruise in will be at Knuckleheads in Madison at 10:30 am. So if you have an old or older bike, or you are just interested in vintage motorcycles, please come by and check out this club. Hope to see many folks out in the spring weather.
Thank you for the update! Listing updated.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th   #10
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Location RED Robin Jones Valley. 10:30 AM.

Next meeting is April 20th. Iím thinking the area around Red Robin over on Jones Valley road. Huge parking lot, several options for lunch and a lot of exposure for the club.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68lowghia View Post
Next meeting is April 20th. Iím thinking the area around Red Robin over on Jones Valley road. Huge parking lot, several options for lunch and a lot of exposure for the club.
Thank you for the update! Listing updated.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th   #12
b.a.king
b.a.king
old,fat grumpy
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 792
open invatation to come over to decatur on april 19th to our 3rd friday cruise in. great band in april,u.s.army band. they are outstanding. last year 3guitars,drums and really cute girl singer. love to have the bikes
b.a.king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th   #13
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Thanks B.A.King I will pass this info on to the Club and hope to make it over soon. I am also in the NAVWC, and plan to have our VWs over in APR for 3rd Fri.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th   #14
boatdrinks
boatdrinks
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Thank you for the update! Listing updated.
Samir,

We appreciate you getting the word out about or vintage motorcycle club. To date we have approximately 40 members/people who have expressed interest in our little club. As riding weather returns we will be participating in as many cruise in events as we can to help promote our club and the care and feeding of vintage motorcycles.

I would ask that everyone check us out on Facebook at North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club and gives us a like. We post club meeting details there.

Thanks again!

Charles Quillen
NAVMC
boatdrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdrinks View Post
Samir,

We appreciate you getting the word out about or vintage motorcycle club. To date we have approximately 40 members/people who have expressed interest in our little club. As riding weather returns we will be participating in as many cruise in events as we can to help promote our club and the care and feeding of vintage motorcycles.

I would ask that everyone check us out on Facebook at North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club and gives us a like. We post club meeting details there.

Thanks again!

Charles Quillen
NAVMC
You're welcome Charles. Glad to see it up and growing!

Feel free to give me the link to the Facebook page and I'll add it here. Also, keep updating this thread with the meeting locations and I'll keep making sure it gets out there.
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th   #16
boatdrinks
boatdrinks
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 6
Here you go, thanks again!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/North-...11004735686864
__________________
Charles Quillen
North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club
boatdrinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 22,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatdrinks View Post
Added to the listing.

Hey, and since you guys have over 25 likes, you should get your page name so it will be facebook.com/North-Alabama-Vintage-Motorcycle-Club:
https://www.facebook.com/help/pages/usernames
__________________
Don't hate...appreciate
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th   #18
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
Good morning all! Our next meeting is April 20th at the Red Robin on Carl T Jones Blvd. in Huntsville. Same time, 11:00.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th   #19
A_Cryer
A_Cryer
has no status.
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 320
What type of motorcycles normally comes to these?
A_Cryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th   #20
68lowghia
68lowghia
has no status.
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 19
We are a pretty diverse group of riders. Any Motorcycle over 20 years old typically falls into this catagory in our group. However you do not even have to own a vehicle in order to come out and be a part of the group. As long as you have an interest in Vintage motorcycles you are welcome. Curently the bulk of the vintage bikes in the group are vintage japanese bikes, although there are some British, and american bikes in the group as well. I ride a 1982 yamaha XS650 custom bobber, there are several KZ bikes, a very Nice RD350, an old H2, a very nice old indian, and many others. Just come check it out. All are welcome.
__________________
Jason Kerr with NAVWC
68lowghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why yes, we do installations on motorcycles as well! Beckham The Speakerbox: 256-852-0300 0 March 14th 03:13 PM
Vintage Motorcycles and One Man's Opinion Samir Show and Shine 3 December 9th 10:31 AM
Shoals Wings Gathering Samir Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 0 September 24th 11:44 AM
EuroBrit gathering on Saturday.. mboxtyger Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 2 June 5th 11:11 AM
Watch for Motorcycles! Samir Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage 1 February 10th 06:11 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2001 - 2012, Huntsville Car Scene
Terms of Service