Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old February 17th   #1
yitzac1990
yitzac1990
is a drifter in the making

Need help getting power steering rack and pump rebuilt

Looking for a place around here that does good work rebuilding/cleaning racks and pumps. Let me know....
yitzac1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

The one place I heard a lot about when I had the 1-800-Radiator franchise here in Huntsville was Cannon's Racks and Axles. Almost everyone in town used them to rebuild steering racks and CV Axles. Hope this helps!
Old February 18th   #3
Dakar318
Dakar318
has no status.

yea cannon is the man.

you might want to head down to R&R and pick up some redline high temp CV grease and have him rebuild/ repack everything with that.

i had him repack some axles from my road race miata, brought him the grease i wanted him to use, he said no problem and had 2 axles done in about an hour.
Dakar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th   #4
yitzac1990
yitzac1990

awesome thanks a lot. I don't think i need grease though for PS rack though, do I?
Old February 18th   #5
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar318 View Post
yea cannon is the man.

you might want to head down to R&R and pick up some redline high temp CV grease and have him rebuild/ repack everything with that.

i had him repack some axles from my road race miata, brought him the grease i wanted him to use, he said no problem and had 2 axles done in about an hour.
Good to hear. I was thinking about using him to build some bulletproof CVs for one of my cars. So R&R has the Redline CV grease in-stock? That's awesome. Finding Redline stuff in stock around here is a bit hit or miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yitzac1990 View Post
awesome thanks a lot. I don't think i need grease though for PS rack though, do I?
You shouldn't need any CV grease for the PS rack, but depending on the fluid requirements, you may be able to use one of Redline's ATF fluids. Just check the stock specs and the Redline specs. I've been able to use Redline ATF in my Nissan racks.
Old February 18th   #6
yitzac1990
yitzac1990

awesome, thanks for the tip. I really do need to change out all my fluids with higher quality stuff since I drive it so hard anyways haha
Old February 19th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Better fluids are one of the first things I do. But definitely do your research--some cars like Redline, some Royal Purple, some Amsoil. Just be sure to pick the best stuff for the job since it's not cheap!

Last edited by Samir; February 19th at 01:35 PM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote