Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Local Group Forums > North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners

North Alabama Mitsubishi Owners A dedicated forum for the Mitsubishi Owners in North Alabama

Old February 25th   #1
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.

Wrecked the Evo. Recommend a body shop

I need recommendations for a good body shop to take my smashed Evo X. One that I can trust not only to do the work right, but won't abuse my car once it's fixed.

Got side swiped by an old guy in an old Land Rover Saturday on 72 and County Line. I'm waiting for the Insurance companies to call me this morning and set up me up with a rental and see if what/how they'll set me up with a shop. Last time I had fender bender I was able to pick from a list of shops that the insurance recommended, but that was back when I lived in Houston.
Yoo Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th   #2
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

More then likely they will recommend Rod's Customs. Do NOT us them. The paint guy I use doesn't really do a lot of collision stuff so it really depends on how bad it is.
Old February 25th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Depending on who your insurance carrier is, you may be able to pick whoever you want to use. Check out these threads for some good recommendations:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4863
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...4&postcount=27

Be sure to talk to site supporter Jireh Customs. Their work is very high quality.
Old February 26th   #4
Jack Tar
Jack Tar
is being a sailor
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Depending on who your insurance carrier is, you may be able to pick whoever you want to use. Check out these threads for some good recommendations:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=4863
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/sh...4&postcount=27

Be sure to talk to site supporter Jireh Customs. Their work is very high quality.
Just to let everyone know, your insurance company CAN NOT tell you where you have to take your car. They will usually tell you to take it to their recommended shop, but you are not required to.

I will be happy to take a look at it, just bring it by or if it is not drivable, send me some pics and we will set up a time to come look at it.
Jack Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th   #5
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.

Turns out the guy didn't and hasn't had insurance for almost a year, so my insurance is taking care of it.

My car is over at Lander Mcarthy right now. The initial adjustment from the field rep had the repair at $4800, but there's some obvious suspenion and potential drivetrain damage that the shop is going to assess today or tomorrow and let myself and my insurance rep know about in detail.
Old February 28th   #6
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
Turns out the guy didn't and hasn't had insurance for almost a year, so my insurance is taking care of it.

My car is over at Lander Mcarthy right now. The initial adjustment from the field rep had the repair at $4800, but there's some obvious suspenion and potential drivetrain damage that the shop is going to assess today or tomorrow and let myself and my insurance rep know about in detail.
That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate low lifes that don't have insurance. I have a feeling Samir might feel your pain.
Old February 28th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
That sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate low lifes that don't have insurance. I have a feeling Samir might feel your pain.
I hate non-insurance carriers that collide with our enthusiast vehicles--and I typically don't hate anyone.

I do feel your pain.

One of C&K Roofing's Crew's illegals hit one of my 95 Altimas doing over $2200 in damage. I don't have uninsured motorist on the car , so it's coming out of my pocket. The owner of C&K physically threatened me when I went to get payment from them. I should've let Charles Pitman handle my case as he mentioned it was an open and shut case, but would've cost more in legal fees than what I would have gotten if I would've used him. But at least then C&K would've felt the pinch. Too bad for statues of limitations, or I'd do it now...

Last edited by Samir; March 18th at 11:38 PM. Reason: grammar
Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th   #8
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.

so how is the Evo? All fixed yet?
nine3shoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th   #9
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine3shoof View Post
so how is the Evo? All fixed yet?
Just spoke with my adjuster and he said it looked like the right rear spring popped off the strut and that the strut might be bent, but they're still in the process of getting all of the parts off to assess what all is damaged. I'm curious how they'd handle it being that the springs are Eibach, and the strut has about 20k miles. I also have a Whiteline RSB which hopefully isn't bent, but if it is, would they replace that also? I do have reciepts for every single part that I've put on her.
Old March 18th   #10
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.

Their obligation is to put it back as it was. Some policies permit the insurance company to use pattern parts but this won't apply to your upgrades. If they were damaged, get new ones. If the strut took an impact, insist on new.
Old March 18th   #11
Jack Tar
Jack Tar
is being a sailor
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

Some insurance policies do not cover upgrades unless specified in the policy. Otherwise they will only pay for a factory equivalent replacement that is CAPA certified.
Jack Tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th   #12
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.

Wow. I have never seen that. Good luck Howard.
Old March 18th   #13
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

It depends on the carrier and the policy a lot now. Some carriers will cover everything, some have limits, some won't do anything but factory or aftermarket.

Whatever you do, put in only the best or you'll deal with it later! No aftermarket parts, only dealer parts from Japan.
Old March 20th   #14
Yoo Shin
Yoo Shin
has no status.

I should be getting the car back tomorrow. They're having to replace the strut, wheel hub assembly, bearing, and axle. They said the spring is perfectly fine as well as the sway bar.

Hopefully it runs right. I can't wait to get her back, I miss my Evo
Old March 20th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoo Shin View Post
I should be getting the car back tomorrow. They're having to replace the strut, wheel hub assembly, bearing, and axle. They said the spring is perfectly fine as well as the sway bar.

Hopefully it runs right. I can't wait to get her back, I miss my Evo
I hope it does too! Having no damage on the spring and sway bar is a good sign.
Old March 21st   #16
nine3shoof
nine3shoof
has no status.

congratulations! Don't put that CMC off too long and get stranded with no Evo again!