Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

In Depth Auto Detailing Grand Opening and Detail Clinic
Calendar: Events Calendar
InDepthAutoDetailing
Huntsville Car Scene Site Sponsor

March 16th 09:00 AM to 05:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: In Depth Auto Detailing, 2806 Winchester Rd, Unit F, New Market, AL 35761

About an 1/8 of a mile from Cafe 302 on the right.
4.3 miles from Moores Mill Rd

This event is free!

Demos of all Adam's Polishes Products and a 10% discount on purchases

Refreshments and snacks provided as well as Door Prizes!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see you there.

Click here to see the gallery. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

A beautiful morning greeted me even though a late night of work had me very behind schedule. I was originally going to hit the local Cars and Coffee before heading to the clinic, but that just didn't happen today.

As I hit the road, I noticed all sorts of enthusiasts out and stretching their legs on the open road.

I even caught a convoy of military Hummers that were probably on the way to stage for the parade downtown.

As I got there, Len had just started on demostrating the proper wash technique on his Accord. There were easily 20 people there, and he had refreshments that I quickly partook in since I left home without eating.

Even in the short time that I was there, I learned several techniques that I've not seen before, even at the Meguiar's detail clinic at their headquarters in Irvine, CA that I attended a few years ago. Detailing is all about the details, and Len's techniques are some of the most precise I've ever seen.

I got to meet everyone I hadn't seen in quite a while, as well as meet new friends like mactography.

I actually won a drawing for the Adam's polishes detailing kit. I think I'll set up an HCS contest for someone to get a chance to win it.

I had to leave earlier than I wanted to, but I stayed around long enough to capture some of Len's instructions on video. Feel free to get in touch with him at In-Depth Auto Detailing for the full line of Adam's polishes as well as some of the best techniques on how to use them. See everyone next time! -- Samir
7 members will be attending this event:

Old February 28th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Thank you for the post!
Old February 28th   #3
InDepthAutoDetailing
InDepthAutoDetailing
has no status.

Samir, Thanks for all the help in getting this set up as I had no idea on how to do it.

For everyone planning to attend please click the flyer to RSVP or do it the way mpowered did it. I'm trying to make sure I plenty of snacks and drinks for everyone.

Like me on FB
http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Dep...37958306262247
InDepthAutoDetailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #4
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

Bumping for this morning. Going to try and make it out here in an hour! Great weather for this!

Just marked myself as attending.. oops no worries, I'm going to grab food ahead of time!

Last edited by mactography; March 16th at 08:20 AM.
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th   #5
mactography
mactography

Wish I could have stayed for the entire clinic, but thank you for the demonstration Len. As soon as I deplete my current supply of detailing products I'm definitely going to want to swing by your shop for some Adam's products!

Side question if you see this: My roommate wanted to see if you also did headlight restoration and if so what would your price range be? The car would be a Mazda 3 if it makes a difference.
Old March 18th   #6
Reckon
Reckon
so...

I had planned on going but it coincided with the tech day for local S2Ks. But since you live just a stones throw away from me I plan on stopping by and checking it and hopefully scheduling a detail in the coming weeks (8 year old paint could use some claybar!).
Old March 19th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckon View Post
I had planned on going but it coincided with the tech day for local S2Ks.
Agh!! How did I miss this? Where was it?
Old March 19th   #8
Reckon
Reckon
so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Agh!! How did I miss this? Where was it?
It wasn't a major one. Just a couple of valve adjustments and other items with Chris (SlowS2K on s2ki) who came down from Nashville to do the jobs.

There were about 9-10 S2Ks out there, not a huge event or anything.

Getting the Valve Adjustment is what allowed me to go to the dyno at Track Masters the following day!
Old March 19th   #9
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckon View Post
It wasn't a major one. Just a couple of valve adjustments and other items with Chris (SlowS2K on s2ki) who came down from Nashville to do the jobs.

There were about 9-10 S2Ks out there, not a huge event or anything.

Getting the Valve Adjustment is what allowed me to go to the dyno at Track Masters the following day!
That's a good turnout for the local group! I hate that I didn't have it on the HCS calendar--definitely would have brought out some of the other s2ks around here. Feel free to add stuff like this to the HCS calendar to get others involved if it's open to everyone.
Old March 19th   #10
InDepthAutoDetailing
InDepthAutoDetailing
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactography View Post
Wish I could have stayed for the entire clinic, but thank you for the demonstration Len. As soon as I deplete my current supply of detailing products I'm definitely going to want to swing by your shop for some Adam's products!

Side question if you see this: My roommate wanted to see if you also did headlight restoration and if so what would your price range be? The car would be a Mazda 3 if it makes a difference.
Thanks for stopping in. You can stop by any time and I'll be glad to go over any of the things I covered at the clinic.

I do restore headlights and the price is $40 for both.

Like me on FB
Old March 19th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDepthAutoDetailing View Post
I'm going to have to keep that in mind for some of my cars that are getting a bit cloudy. How long does it last?
Old March 20th   #12
InDepthAutoDetailing
InDepthAutoDetailing
has no status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
I'm going to have to keep that in mind for some of my cars that are getting a bit cloudy. How long does it last?
I'd say probably around 6 months to a year. It really depends on the elements and DD vs. non DD, garaged or sits outside 24/7.

Like me on FB
Old March 20th   #13
mactography
mactography

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDepthAutoDetailing View Post
Thanks for stopping in. You can stop by any time and I'll be glad to go over any of the things I covered at the clinic.

That sounds great!

And thanks for the quote, I'll be sure and pass it on to her!

Stephen - 2013 FIAT 500 Abarth
Current: 30% Tint, Eibach Sportlines, Eurocompulsion R3T/V2 CAI, Interior LED Lighting, Neuspeed Rear Sway Bar, RoadRace Motorsports ECU

Check me out on Instagram

Alabama FIAT Club on Facebook

Old March 23rd   #14
///Laid GP
///Laid GP
is excited that show season is here.

I feel bad about missing this, but it just wasn't in the cards since we are still in the process of moving and unpacking. Next time though!

Raven Black '09 CTS-V - CAI, exhaust, appearance stuff

'01 Grand Prix GT - Bagged, custom paint, too much to list

'95 Silverado - 22" KMC Slide, mild drop, custom paint, 5.3 LS motor sitting on the stand for it
///Laid GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Laid GP View Post
I feel bad about missing this, but it just wasn't in the cards since we are still in the process of moving and unpacking. Next time though!
It's all good. Check out the gallery since it has some videos of techniques and be sure to come out to the next one!