Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage

Event Listings, Discussions, and Coverage Find, discuss, and see event coverage from the past, present, and future

Dyno Day
Calendar: Events Calendar
Samir
Administrator

March 17th 09:00 AM to 03:00 PM
*The times shown may change, depending on DST settings
Where: Trackmasters, 4628 Commercial Drive, Huntsville, Alabama 35816

After a fun time at Trackmasters at our last dyno day, we've decided to hold another one.

The price will be $40 for 3 pulls for 10 or more cars, add $10 if you want the wideband. We need a minimum of 10 participants to get the discounted pricing. Be sure to mark yourself attending below so we can get an accurate count.

Click here to see the gallery and videos. Buy photo prints and gifts!
All proceeds help pay Huntsville Car Scene bills.

The weather for the Dyno Day was just perfect. The sun came out from behind the clouds a good part of the day, but it never got hot.

And I'm sure the weather had a lot to do with the great turnout. Almost 25 cars were on the dyno today. That almost beat the Trackmasters record of 27 cars in one day. We'll have to aim for that next time. And Trackmasters and I have some great ideas to make it an even better event next time, so I hope everyone can join us again.

This was one of the most diverse dyno days I've ever been to. We had old school muscle, new school muscle, imports, domestics, trucks, rallycross and autocross machines, as well as a full-out open-wheel race car. Not only that, but we had vehicles in every power level from 100hp, 200hp, 300hp, 400hp, 500hp, and even 600hp. Top horsepower goes to zl427 with 603hp and top torque goes to TTYELLOWJACKETSRT8 with 587tq. Lowest horsepower goes to ginia with 119hp and lowest torque to TimACRcoupe with 119tq. I know Henry (zl427) was aiming for the 600hp mark, so a big congrats on reaching your goal! And congrats to everyone else that was aiming for a power level and hit it.

Maybe we'll have some sort of prizes for the lowest/highest results next time. Or maybe a game like whoever comes closest to guessing each vehicle's numbers gets their name thrown into a drawing for a grand prize. Each time you're the top guesser on a vehicle on the dyno, you get an additional entry for the grand prize, so the better you are, the more likely you are to win.

There was a lot going on with so many people hanging out! At one point, there must have been 30-40 people either inside checking out the dyno or outside talking and checking out the cars. It was a really cool social environment with always something to check out or someone to talk to.

It was great to see a lot of the HCS members, and meet new the ones face-to-face. It was also great to see our friends over from hsvracing.com. Thank you for coming and I hope you guys had a good time.

People were rocking the HCS stickers and static clings. Don't be left out! Click here to order your set today!

One thing I observed in some of the videos was a lot of motor movement on some of the pulls. I captured a lot of this on the fwd vehicles, so definitely check them out. TimACRcoupe's Neon didn't show much of any, but it has a lot of poly and filled mounts.

I shot videos of almost every pull. I missed a few in the morning since I arrived behind schedule, but I should have gotten at least one video of each vehicle with a shot of the results. Enjoy!

The last vehicle that came after the last car was off the dyno definitely ended the day with a bang--the driveshaft sheared during his pull. And I got video of it too. It wasn't much of a noise, but parts flew out including one of the universal joint bearing pieces that brushed my leg. Definitely reminds you to stay outside of the safety box drawn on the floor during pulls.

I hope everyone had a great time and is looking forward to the next one. See everyone next time!
21 members will be attending this event:

Old March 4th   #2
Chevy406
Chevy406
has no status.

I'll plan on bringing a car for testing.
Clyde
Chevy406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy406 View Post
I'll plan on bringing a car for testing.
Clyde
Thank you for posting! I can't wait to hear it.
Old March 5th   #4
TimACRcoupe
TimACRcoupe
FWD FTW

I plan on being the lowest powered car to attend.
TimACRcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th   #5
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

If I could get a earlier slot I can actually make this work. I really do need some base line numbers on my car and this is as cheap as it'll get.
Old March 5th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimACRcoupe View Post
I plan on being the lowest powered car to attend.
You may be disappointed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilZ View Post
If I could get a earlier slot I can actually make this work. I really do need some base line numbers on my car and this is as cheap as it'll get.
What time do you need? I may be able to work something out with them.
Old March 5th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Anytime before 11 would work. So if I could just get one of the first slots.
Old March 5th   #8
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Anytime before 11 would work. So if I could just get one of the first slots.
How about the very first slot? I hate waking up that early.
Old March 5th   #9
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

I'd be good with 9. All I really need is just some baseline numbers. I'm not trying to alter the rotation of the earth.......yet.
Old March 5th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I'd be good with 9. All I really need is just some baseline numbers. I'm not trying to alter the rotation of the earth.......yet.
That works for me. 9am is your slot.
Old March 5th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I ran across this pretty detailed article on comparing dyno numbers while looking for something else:
http://www.hotrod.com/techfaq/hrdp_0...e/viewall.html
Old March 5th   #12
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Random thought. You might want to go ahead and start getting time slots and have people sign up that way.
Old March 5th   #13
G_Horneck
G_Horneck
has no status.

Good idea ^ I will take the slot after 9am... 9:35 most likely

Last edited by G_Horneck; March 5th at 03:55 PM.
G_Horneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th   #14
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Random thought. You might want to go ahead and start getting time slots and have people sign up that way.
Last time we had a few like yourself that needed to go first, and then the rest of us just fell into place. If it gets too time-sloty, then the social aspect of the whole event diminishes somewhat as people may come just around their timeslot.
Old March 5th   #15
Dakar318
Dakar318
has no status.

ask art about truck and trailer parking please! its a small lot and a truck and trailer will really take up some space!

id take an early slot as well... just not THE earliest haha
Dakar318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th   #16
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakar318 View Post
ask art about truck and trailer parking please! its a small lot and a truck and trailer will really take up some space!

id take an early slot as well... just not THE earliest haha
Last time I believe we used the lot next door too for parking as well. Most of the businesses on that street are only Monday-Friday 8-5, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding a place to park and unload. I'll give him a call tomorrow to double-check. It's a little late right now.
Old March 5th   #17
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

We've hit the 10 mark, and there's plenty of room for more! We had 17 cars last time and were still done by 3pm, so invite all your friends to come dyno too!
Old March 11th   #18
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

So we're still 100% a go for this?
Old March 11th   #19
AGSoldier
AGSoldier
Zoom-Zoomin!

Might show up and have a look. If I get on the dyno i'm sure I'll have all you gents beat in the slowest department.

http://www.6crew.com
AGSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th   #20
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.

What time are we getting started? I can be there at pretty much anytime.
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote