Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 6th   #1
AGearHead4Life
AGearHead4Life
is in the garage...

$ REWARD $ Stolen 1984 Chevy C10 Tuck - $1000 (Huntsville)

$1000 REWARD LEADING TO THE RECOVERY OF THE COMPLETE TRUCK, ARREST AND CONVICTION OF THE PERSON OR PERSONS WHO HAVE ENGAGED IN THE THEFT OF MY 1984 CHEVROLET TRUCK.

If spotted call the police or call my number below. This truck was built with passion. I've been building it since I pulled it out of the junk yard two years ago. I have put a crazy number of labor hours into restoring this truck. Obviously most of the work was not external.

My wife and I were on a date night at Bridge street. We ate dinner and then wathced a movie. When we came out of the movie my truck was gone. There was also another 80's car that was broken into for its radio that night.

It was stolen from Bridge Street parking lot. Was some time between 7pm-11:00pm on 15 February.

Still gotta figure out how to attach a photo on this forum.
- lowered 4" on 20" wheels.
- Bench seat was from a '95 model Chevy truck 60/40 with folding console
- Door locks are 38 special casings
- Windshield is old with lots of cracks
- Has a hidden hitch under rear bumper
- rear bumper center step is rubber coated
- Bed has 8 aftermarket tie downs
- Engine is a 5.3 LS motor
- Exhaust is not quite with one Flowmaster 2 in / 2 out single muffler
- Trans is a 4L80E.
- Paint just as you see in the pictures unless they've painted it. Tailgate red, hood shiney dark Blue, Left fender and door are brown and sanded finish.

Here's a link with pics of it:
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pts/3662534710.html

You can contact me at 256-258-947 four. Text is best

BTW Bridge Street has NO cameras. Just FYI...
AGearHead4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th   #2
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Here's a link to on how to add images to your posts. If I've shot some of it at events (I think I did), you can also link to those as well:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=3694

Here's the images from the craigslist listing:

Old March 6th   #3
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And while Bridge Street has signs saying they're not liable for anything, every general liability policy for a business has a certain amount for property theft of customers. You might have to get an attorney, but you could possibly get some reimbursement for your loss.
Old March 6th   #4
AGearHead4Life
AGearHead4Life
is in the garage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
Here's a link to on how to add images to your posts. If I've shot some of it at events (I think I did), you can also link to those as well:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=3694

Here's the images from the craigslist listing:

Thank you Samir!
Old March 6th   #5
AGearHead4Life
AGearHead4Life
is in the garage...

Quote:
And while Bridge Street has signs saying they're not liable for anything, every general liability policy for a business has a certain amount for property theft of customers. You might have to get an attorney, but you could possibly get some reimbursement for your loss.
I'll have to look into this. Thanks.

Anybody here and attorney and whiling to help me with my stolen truck?
Old March 6th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

I'd just walk into Bridge Street's management offices and let them know you'd like them to file a claim for it on their general liability insurance. They'll probably get pissy with you at first, but just calmly explain to them that it's going to be much cheaper for them to just do that than if you get an attorney and then they pay their attorney and end up doing that anyways. It's all about the bottom line.
Old March 6th   #7
racinfast002
racinfast002
ROLL TIDE YALL!

Quote:
I'd just walk into Bridge Street's management offices and let them know you'd like them to file a claim for it on their general liability insurance. They'll probably get pissy with you at first, but just calmly explain to them that it's going to be much cheaper for them to just do that than if you get an attorney and then they pay their attorney and end up doing that anyways. It's all about the bottom line.
This guy knows how to make someone pay! I like it!
1999 F250 Crew Cab Coal Smoker on 37's
1999 Formula Fastech 271
1984 Mustang Hatch Turbo
1984 Harley Davidson Sportster 1000 Ironhead
1969 Chevy pickup the keeper
"Straight tracks are for fast cars. Curvy tracks are for fast drivers."
racinfast002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th   #8
sassafras
sassafras
has no status.

Quote:
The owner of that property is a bald headed BADWORD. Lawyer up because that's what he's going to do.
sassafras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th   #9
AGearHead4Life
AGearHead4Life
is in the garage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
The owner of that property is a bald headed BADWORD. Lawyer up because that's what he's going to do.
Well I'm a bald headed GOODWORD. You think that'll balance things out to my favor? jk

I'll have to put some thought into this. My lawyer is free being in the military. Guess I could go to the news as well.

Last edited by AGearHead4Life; March 6th at 02:07 PM.
Old March 6th   #10
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by racinfast002 View Post
This guy knows how to make someone pay! I like it!
I've had over $100k stolen from me one way or another over the years. At least all the lessons I've learned can help someone else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
Some personal experience, eh? O&S Holdings has always been tough to reach, but I found working directly with them really good. It's all the middle people that really are not fun. Even the mass media hates going there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGearHead4Life View Post
Well I'm a bald headed GOODWORD. You think that'll balance things out to my favor? jk

I'll have to put some thought into this. My lawyer is free being in the military. Guess I could go to the news as well.
I'd definitely seek some legal counsel if it's free. I'm not sure the news would want to do a story about it or not. Can't hurt, but they've got political and advertiser ties with them, so pick a station they're not spending too much money with.