Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 9th   #1
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

Birmingham Cars & Coffee.

Has anyone else heard, or attended any of these meets? Apparently it's every Saturday morning from 8:30-10:30 at a parking garage in Birmingham. They've got a Facebook page that I was looking at, and it seems that there is a pretty diverse group of cars there every week. I plan on going down this coming Saturday to check it out if anyone wants to join.
JLowery28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #2
Ajcarspotter
Ajcarspotter
has a status.

I don't usually go to Birmingham Cars and Coffee, but this Saturday there is the Nashville Cars and Coffee that I try to go to every month. There are way more cars at the Nashville one. There are quite a few groups from Huntsville going up there!
Ajcarspotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #3
BamaChally
BamaChally
has no status.

I think the B'ham one is just starting out. I know someone who went yesterday and said there was around 35 cars there. I'm sure as the weather continues to improve there will be a better turnout.
BamaChally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th   #4
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChally View Post
I think the B'ham one is just starting out. I know someone who went yesterday and said there was around 35 cars there. I'm sure as the weather continues to improve there will be a better turnout.
^this. I've been following them on facebook. It just takes time to grow events like this. According to the organizer of the one in Nashville it started out with only 7 people, I think the last event had at least 100+ exotics and around 250-300 total cars.
Old March 10th   #5
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

Now it comes to whether I want to ride in the St. Pattys Day parade, or go to the Nashville meet. So, the Nashville cars & coffee is once a month? And on the 3rd Saturday of the month? I reckon I'll stick close to home this Saturday and do the parade, and try to make one of the Nashville meets now that its warming up.
Old March 10th   #6
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

And for those that don't feel like getting up before dawn to drive to either Nashville or Birmingham, Huntsville has its own Car and Coffee that has had some really great local exotics come out in the past:
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ca...=2013-3-16&c=1
Old March 11th   #7
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLowery28 View Post
Now it comes to whether I want to ride in the St. Pattys Day parade, or go to the Nashville meet. So, the Nashville cars & coffee is once a month? And on the 3rd Saturday of the month? I reckon I'll stick close to home this Saturday and do the parade, and try to make one of the Nashville meets now that its warming up.
Typically it's twice a month with the larger of the events on the 1st weekend of the month. I was trying to find a calendar but am still half a sleep this morning.

I'm a huge fan of supporting local events, I've been to the local cars and coffee sevearl times, however if your looking to check out exotics as well as meet some very nice people this really is a great event.
Old March 11th   #8
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaChally View Post
Just to echo Bama, I went down a couple weekends ago for the C&C followed by Autocross. It was still entirely too cold then but I see this being fun now that the weather has begun to warm up. This past Saturday (March 9th) they had over 80 cars show up so it seems people are slowly making their way out. Can't blame them, the weather this weekend was excellent.

I've mentioned to our local people on the Fiat forums trying to make a run down there once a month and the idea seemed well enough received (we're admittedly still a smaller group) but if any other people want to cruise down there you're all more than welcome.
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th   #9
BamaChally
BamaChally
has no status.

I plan on making it down there at least once this season. I'll probably make a long day out of it too. Probably go the 4th Saturday of the month, hit that in the morning and then Fultondale in the evening.
BamaChally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th   #10
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

I really had no idea that all these options were available for my Saturday mornings haha. I'll probably try to alternate the trips. Something like Nashville 1st weekend, Bham 2nd weekend, and huntsville 3rd weekend.
Old March 11th   #11
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactography View Post
I've mentioned to our local people on the Fiat forums trying to make a run down there once a month and the idea seemed well enough received (we're admittedly still a smaller group) but if any other people want to cruise down there you're all more than welcome.
If you're planning a drive down and it's open to everyone, feel free to post it on the calendar. The more the merrier.
Old March 11th   #12
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLowery28 View Post
I really had no idea that all these options were available for my Saturday mornings haha. I'll probably try to alternate the trips. Something like Nashville 1st weekend, Bham 2nd weekend, and huntsville 3rd weekend.
Yep! That's why I created the HCS calendar--all your options, all in one place.

But keeping it truly complete is a real task as there's so many different mediums I have to pull event info from. You'd think people would just post as it helps get the word out for the event, but it just doesn't seem to happen often enough.
Old March 11th   #13
mactography
mactography
would rather be out driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samir View Post
If you're planning a drive down and it's open to everyone, feel free to post it on the calendar. The more the merrier.
I definitely will. I'm just leery of creating an event for a drive if I can't always show up to it.

Last edited by mactography; March 11th at 12:11 PM.
mactography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th   #14
EvilZ
EvilZ
is around.

Quote:
I definitely will. I'm just leery of creating an event for a drive if I can't always show up to it.
I know the feeling. I try to post stuff when we are going to drive somewhere but the details are almost always a work in progress up until the last minute.
Old March 11th   #15
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
I definitely understand. Just post up at the last second when things firm up like EvilZ mentioned. No harm, no foul.
Old March 14th   #16
Dark Syn
Dark Syn
is just starting out

I do the Birmingham Cars and Coffee about once a month or so. It's down at the Brookwood Village Mall off of Lakeshore Drive. They meet every Saturday between 8 and 10 am on the top deck of the parking garage behind O'Henry's Coffee. They usually have a pretty good showing of 20-50 cars... last week there was a Lamborghini Gallardo, a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, and a Ford GT there. Pretty good group of guys. It's an open invite for anyone who wants to attend. There is a zero tolerance policy for show boating though, and the Birmingham Police are usually nearby to enforce that.

“Without fear there cannot be courage.”

~Christopher Paolini

Quote:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

~IETF RFC 1925
Dark Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #17
JLowery28
JLowery28
has a status

I've pretty much decided I'm going next Saturday. I want to go to the Twickingham driving school, but I'm going to have to be at work about halfway through it. What I haven't decided is whether I'm going to take the RX8 or the Mercedes down.
Old March 14th   #18
ginia
ginia
Roll Tide Roll!!!

That parking deck they meet at is the parking deck of my dad's work lmao. And btw, O'Henry's Coffee is so friggin good. I used to go a good bit before I moved up here. One thing to keep in mind, the Logan's Roadhouse where another car meet happens is just a 15ish minute drive if you jump on Hwy 280 from Lakeshore. They usually get there around 11, 11:30 and eat lunch there. Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, hotrods, it's all there. You just gotta catch them on the right Saturday because it's always random, and sometimes they don't even meet :/

Last edited by ginia; March 14th at 07:55 PM.
ginia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #19
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Syn View Post
I do the Birmingham Cars and Coffee about once a month or so. It's down at the Brookwood Village Mall off of Lakeshore Drive. They meet every Saturday between 8 and 10 am on the top deck of the parking garage behind O'Henry's Coffee. They usually have a pretty good showing of 20-50 cars... last week there was a Lamborghini Gallardo, a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, and a Ford GT there. Pretty good group of guys. It's an open invite for anyone who wants to attend. There is a zero tolerance policy for show boating though, and the Birmingham Police are usually nearby to enforce that.

Very cool info on the meet.