Go Back   Huntsville Car Scene.com > Huntsville Car Scene Forums > General Discussions

General Discussions When the thread doesn't fit anywhere else...

Old March 14th   #1
Dark Syn
Dark Syn
is just starting out

Good Alignment Shop

Hey guys,

Though I would hit the community up to see if you guys have any recommendations for a four wheel alignment. I'm about to drop my car an inch or two with coilovers, and once the springs settle I'm going to need a four wheel alignment. The thing is that with the width and offset of my tire I know that I'm going to have to run at least -1.5 degress of camber, so I'm thinking that Sears or Pep Boys is not going to be the right choice to get a custom alignment done.

Obviously, my first priority is affordability; however, affordable doesn't mean "shoddy"... I need to find a good reliable suspension professional who can provide me with an alignment that satisfies my goals.

“Without fear there cannot be courage.”

~Christopher Paolini

Quote:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

~IETF RFC 1925
Dark Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #2
sok07
sok07
has no status.

Most of us in the local autocross community, including myself, are satisfied w/ Ron over in Athens to do our custom alignments. I take all 3 of my cars to him at the beginning of the season reset the race spec alignments. He has the equipment and does it in his garage during his free time and charges ~$60-70 for a 4wheel alignment to either factory or your custom specifications. Check him out and here's a link to all the post over at teamTAC.org so you can get his contact info and research yourself based off of the reviews.

http://www.teamtac.org/e107/e107_plu...opic.php?54369
sok07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #3
Dark Syn
Dark Syn
is just starting out

Thank you sir... looks like just what I need

~Christopher Paolini

Quote:

~IETF RFC 1925
Old March 14th   #4
sok07
sok07
has no status.

be sure to text him when you try contact him. He does this on his free time and he does have a job during the day, so at times he doesn't get a chance to answer his phone. Generally, he will reply back to you as soon as he can. His appointment slots / availability are generally.... weekdays after 5pm and during the morning/early afternoon on the weekends.
Old March 14th   #5
VR4Rob
VR4Rob
has no status.

+11111 for Ron. He does fantastic work.
VR4Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th   #6
Dark Syn
Dark Syn
is just starting out

Very cool... I'll be sure to send him a text when I'm ready. I want to make sure I have my coils dialed in before I get aligned so I don't have to do it more than once

~Christopher Paolini

Quote:

~IETF RFC 1925
Old March 14th   #7
Samir
Samir
is missing the scene
Administrator

You guys beat me to it! I was also going to recommend Ron. I haven't had a chance to work with him myself, but my number of cars with alignment needs is starting to add up.
Old March 30th   #8
Dark Syn
Dark Syn
is just starting out

Just got done doing an alignment with Ron and I just have to thank you guys for the referral. We discussed at length my performance goals and he aligned the car accordingly. I don't think that I have ever had such a thorough discussion about how I wanted the car to handle before the alignment was done! The car handles beautifully now.

~Christopher Paolini

Quote:

~IETF RFC 1925
Old March 31st   #9
sok07
sok07
has no status.

Great! He does good work, and for $60 and the level of knowledge, advice and experience makes it a great deal. Add to that Ron is a nice guy.
Old April 1st   #10
1JZPWRD
1JZPWRD
has no status.

He might be my new go to guy since he alot closer than NTB in Madison. Derrick has always done a great job on my Lexus. Glad to see others are saying he is good. Does he happen to warranty any of his work or by a plan for a couple of years?
1992 Lexus SC400 also known as "Sleeper", 1JZ swap, BW S366, Built R154, ACT clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MINZ fuel pressure reugulator, AEM gauges, AEM V2 standalone, HKS slip on, HKS BOV, and much more...
1JZPWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd   #11
Dark Syn
Dark Syn
is just starting out

Yanno... I didn't ask. A always kind of assume that if the alignment is good coming out of the shop (within a reasonable amount of time thereafter) .... steering not pulling in one direction or another or car not tracking in a different direction than where the steering wheel is pointed, that is good. I can't imagine if either of those conditions existed that he would not put it back up on the rack to see what was going on. Other than that, there are so many different things that can throw an alignment off that it's almost unfair to expect to hold the mechanic who did the alignment correctly to compensate for you hitting a pothole or a curb and messing up the alignment because something got bent. Either it's right once its done, or its not. There is really no in-between there.

~Christopher Paolini

Quote:

~IETF RFC 1925

Last edited by Dark Syn; April 2nd at 08:18 AM.